1191 3 2015-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Im asking two different questions in this thread so not to make too many threads.

First of which is normal gain values for a not to experienced pilot? I want the Phantom 2 to be as easy to fly as possible. Since i had numbers around 120 and 200 earlier (not me who adjusted to these values) and then i changed to Naza-M mode in the assistant software and then back to Phantom mode and now the numbers has been changed by the assistant software to 125, 125, 120, and attitude is 260 and 260. Isnt this too high values at the attitude al least?

Which is the basic normal values?

Also is it normal that when the drone is in GPS mode and the lights blink green when i put my hand over the top of the drone ( over the GPS module) the lights almost immidiatly changes to yellow meaning it lost the GPS functionality. Is the GPS so sensitive?
2015-5-20
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

These are the default gains for Naza mode.

Attitude of 260% is normal and worth noting that its only the Attitude gains that effect the stick commands, all the others are for the flight controller.
If you want to slow the stick response down some more then you can reduce  the attitude gains a bit.
Personally I would leave them alone and practice some more.

And yes, sticking your hand over the GPS module will instantly block the signal
2015-5-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

To answer your question I would use the default gains  you only need to make very minor adjustments if your craft is off a little. The altitude default is pitch 200 and roll 200. And yes the GPS is that sensitive. Any radio waves can be deflected by any solid object and that what your hand was doing blocking the satellites radio signal. Based on radio communications GPS satellites are very low wattage output, less than 500 watts. Not a lot based on what they do.
2015-5-21
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thanks for some good answers. Then it looks as the values are pretty normal. I was just wonder because the values was different before i switched to Naza-M mode and then back to Phantom mode, but i guess the previous owner had changed the values if these current values are the standard basic values. About the sensitivity of the GPS, i even had to do a compass calibration when i had the Phantom 2 on the living room table with a lots of metal objects and mobile phones etc. near the drone, i guess that was also because of the sensitivity of the compass, it started to blink yellow and red if i remember it correct, and the Compass (Raw) Mod was down to around 750 or something like that in the assistant software, when i just moved the drone to the other side of the table it went up to around 1500.

But then i stick with the values assistant software changed them too if you guys say thats the normal values (125, 125, 120, 140, 260, 260).
Thanks again.
2015-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules