FAO DJI Pilot App via playstore users...
1459 7 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys I have been scratching my head recently on why my DJI Pilot app didnt have camera features others were talking about (mainly video options), I have since realised that the version downloaded via the playstore that I had is very different from the version accessed via the QR code here on DJI.com.

I suggest anyone using the playstore version to uninstall right away and get the version offered via the QR code - Adam
2015-5-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Strange... Not the same version?
2015-5-24
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-25 11:43

Just checked the Playstore is 1.0.10 and the QR is 1.1.0 - Adam
2015-5-24
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

Which is what I've been saying in other threads aswell. Plus that on start up of the app there is no notification that there is a newer version (v1.1.0)
And also Andriod says my current DJI Pilot app is up to date as it is now (v1.0.10).
When looking for the app in the playstore i can only find the v1.0.10

Using a Samsung S4 with Android version 5.0.1
2015-5-25
Use props
Philliplloyd20
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

Dji autumn. Both versions play store and direct from dji share the same build number,but in the play store version "director" is missing replaced with maps also the play store  version is missing the satellite count. I have tried both on my nexus 10. Im currently using it directly from dji, I know have satellite count, director and a few additional features. Ps since using the app direct from Dji I have lost all audio warnings.
2015-5-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Philliplloyd20 Posted at 2015-5-25 16:22
Dji autumn. Both versions play store and direct from dji share the same build number,but in the pl ...

Thank you for the detailed description. I'll report it.
2015-5-25
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-25 17:13
Thank you for the detailed description. I'll report it.

This information has already been spread around once. I received my P3P over a week ago and the word then was not to download the play store version for Android.

I had to use AirDroid to get the proper version installed in my Galaxy S5.

The Android version on the DJI site is the correct one - the one in Google PlayStore is NOT!
2015-5-25
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

Thank you for pointing this out.  I too was puzzled by my experience seeming different from others.  Following your advice, I downloaded then installed 1.1.0 (via the QR Droid scanner app on my Nexus 9), newer version.

Heads up:
1) I received a warning that the .apk file may damage my Nexus 9.  I suspect that was a result of it not coming form the Play Store.

2) I received a warning that the I did have to make a change in my Nexus 9 settings to allow the "aftermarket" app installation.  

Once installed I find it if very different and answers my "where is the director component".  

I am happy to see the install actually recognized this as an "upgrade" from 1.0.10, and preserved all my settings and flight log info from 1.0.10.  Now when I launch DJI Pilot, it shows version 1.1.0 in the bottom right of the DJI Pilot app home screen.
2015-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules