Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Broke the Antenna on the Remote, Need Replacement!
3380 4 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrismulkey25
lvl.1

United States

As you can see, I broke the antenna on the remote. Did it when I was trying to fold it over, it broke very, very easily.  I was completly surprised how easy.but I'm looking for a replacment any ideas where to go? Notice the board inside is snapped.

IMG_8617.JPG             

Remote

Remote
2015-5-25
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Whew!  You mean without disassembling the controller, right?  If it were me I would get an RMA and ask if DJI would cross ship a replacement transmitter.  Never know if they'll do it until you ask!
2015-5-25
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Good luck, but since it's broke take the part out of the antenna housing and take some pictures so we can all see how the antenna is designed..  Would be good knowledge and help explain why lightbridge on the p3 blows the doors off of the universal lightbridge DJI sells. The p3's lightbridge has 4 times more range and smooth video unlike the universal version of lightbridge...  

Looking forward to some clear pics of that antennas guts
2015-5-25
Use props
chrismulkey25
lvl.1

United States

Ok attached are pics of the board inside.  Its got one copper strip down the back and multiple branches on the other side.
Had to use a pin to push it out from the tip as the tape holds it inside.
Funny thing is I decided to fly it and see if it caused problems, I went about 4-5 blocks and never even saw a drop in the bars and the video feed is working great.  Weird??? Its like it never broke.
IMG_8620.JPG

Ant2

Ant2

Ant3

Ant3

Ant4

Ant4

Ant5

Ant5

Ant6

Ant6
2015-5-25
Use props
in_ricky2003.ya
New

Indonesia

Hi,
I had the same problem here, is it the right side?
How is the solution?

2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules