Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
epic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1458871 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same issue here on Xperia Tablet Z2 and Xperia Z1 Compact.
2015-6-4
Use props
havasuphoto
lvl.1

Canada

I have an Air2, running 1.1.9, no lag here.  Tried Auto and Manual video(ch20, 4mb/sec), video is clean, sharp, without lag.  I've gone out 7700 feet, and the video will get a little lag-but I think that's to be expected.
Sounds like an Android issue.  I have maps cached, hardware encoding ON-15 flights, 0 issue.  No lock-ups, no reboots, no loss of RC/Video signal-nothing.
2015-6-4
Use props
rockotaco1
New

United States

I just got my Phantom 3, right out of the box I get wicked bad lag. I'm connected via lightning cable using my ipad mini ret. I really hope this issue is resolved fast. I'll be testing my iphone 6 and a galaxy tab 3, will report back later. I'm pretty disappointed right now.
2015-6-4
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Same issue here. Nvidia Shield - Phantom 3 Pro. So much lag i decided to fly my Phamton without the App today...
2015-6-4
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

I agree that is problem is only happening with the Android version of the Pilot App.  I am using the latest versions of the App and firmware.  Android device is a Samsung Galaxy S-4 running Android 5.0 (Lollipop).  The video latency and stutter is severe even when the drone is only 20 feet from me.  I have tried using auto and manual settings on channel selection and lowering bit rate.  There is no way to fly this safely via FPV with this problem.  It is an urgent and serious issue.  Please correct this as soon as possible.  Thank you.
2015-6-4
Use props
Ploy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'd have to say that I have a lag issue with iOS in FPV as well
2015-6-4
Use props
Rortizurbina
lvl.1

Spain

Yes I have already mention it, this happens as well with IOS in my Ipad Air.
Havasuphoto has mentioned he can use FPV with IOS but that uses hardware encoder ON. I have flown with it OFF so far  so I will try with this ON tomorrow to see if it is related.
This is a very serious issue that renders the Phantom 3 only  safe in VLOS
2015-6-4
Use props
jon.jonsmithers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5054964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, am I glad I haven't updated   Sorry for all your problems .... I will update my craft sometime in the future, but not today ... I almost did & decided not to after reading many posts on this issue.

Cheers, Jon
2015-6-4
Use props
Rortizurbina
lvl.1

Spain

havasuphoto Posted at 2015-6-5 03:32
I have an Air2, running 1.1.9, no lag here.  Tried Auto and Manual video(ch20, 4mb/sec), video is cl ...

Did you used P-GPS on that flight?
2015-6-4
Use props
kiralyrobertsan
lvl.1

Hungary

Same issue!

inside my appartment without gps signal it's perfect,there' s no lagg
but when stepp outside and when the gps signal comes on it starts to lagg
2015-6-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-5 04:15
I agree that is problem is only happening with the Android version of the Pilot App.  I am using the ...

While I normally run with my iPad mini 2, just checked my Samsung S4 phone with v5.02 firmware.  The lag was not different from what I am used to seeing, about 200-300msec at the worst.  I tried on both Auto and Custom.  I got no pixillation or dropouts.  I discussed this with Blade Strike and he tried it with a Note 4  and could not replicate the issues you are reporting.  I am planning on doing some flying this weekend with both the Inspire and the P3.  I will take them out 1-2km and see what happens.
2015-6-4
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.3

Spain

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-5 06:51
While I normally run with my iPad mini 2, just checked my Samsung S4 phone with v5.02 firmware.  T ...

Does this update to 1.1.9 ????

There is only lag with 1.1.9
2015-6-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Darkfito Posted at 2015-6-5 07:03
Does this update to 1.1.9 ????

There is only lag with 1.1.9

I always run the latest firmware.  Sometimes I am flying it before you.  The nature of my job.  Yes I was on 1.1.9 and Android version 1.1.0.
2015-6-4
Use props
techellc
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-5 07:09
I always run the latest firmware.  Sometimes I am flying it before you.  The nature of my job.  Ye ...

Running latest firmware, yet you have not actually flown the craft with the 1.1.9 firmware using an Android device correct?
2015-6-4
Use props
edwinchee2002
lvl.1
Flight distance : 980535 ft
Singapore

Same to me Galaxy Tab S, Phantom 3 firmware 1.1.9 suck
2015-6-4
Use props
edwinchee2002
lvl.1
Flight distance : 980535 ft
Singapore

Same to me Galaxy Tab S, Phantom 3 firmware 1.1.9 suck.
2015-6-4
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this doesn't help much but I get lag and stutters regularly - with 1.1.8 (never updated from there).

BUT, I use an old weak and unsupported Moto-X - so I just assume that's the nature of having a cheapo device. It works OK for me since I ONLY fly LOS and have never used a camera to fly or navigate. I think I would quickly lose the thing if I did that.

Anyway, just another data point. Lots of freeze frames and stutters/lag (but I expect them in my case). It's important to separate out the real problems from those caused by older devices like mine, etc.
2015-6-4
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

This thread now has 55 replies since I started it.   Clearly this is an issue.   Tahoe_ed no disrespect and I know you're trying to help as always.  But think recall,  i.e. like a car company having a tire recall,  the manufacturer realizes there may be an issue based on numbers,  even though not EVERY tire has the issue.  We can't dismiss the issue simply because a majority works.  If 80% of Android users have no issue and only 20% are affected that's still to high and probably excludes user error.

I work for Apple as a systems engineer,  I can tell you that between two top level Android devices the results are the same.  In both cases the lag started AFTER the last firmware update.  The results between the devices are identical to what others are talking about.  A Google search of "Phantom 3 Lag" also clearly indicates an issue.

When I had my iPhone 4 it was "AntennaGate".  I never had the issue myself but I could not deny it was happening either.

I also will say distance does not seem to be the issue.  Flying around a baseball size field,  even overhead,  will still present the problem.

2015-6-4
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.3
Italy

cwilliams@trico Posted at 2015-6-5 11:33
This thread now has 55 replies since I started it.   Clearly this is an issue.   Tahoe_ed no disresp ...

... as you said, in both case lag started after firmware upgrade! Please DJI focus on it and believe us, it's now unsafe flying with a top gamma android phone/tablet.
2015-6-4
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.3
Italy

Kevin Stewart Posted at 2015-6-5 00:30
Having the same LAGGY FPV ! Using P3A , V1.1.9. Also app crashes randomly ,once the FPV starts laggi ...

We are all saying same thing, lag is probably due to 1.1.9 firmware. DJI need to focus on it.
Owner of Inspire1 never had similar issue updating various  firmware? It could help DIJ

It is confirmed that it's impossible to downgrade firmware on P3?
2015-6-4
Use props
Philliplloyd20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

alessio.pac@gma Posted at 2015-6-5 15:51
We are all saying same thing, lag is probably due to 1.1.9 firmware. DJI need to focus on it.
Owne ...

I updated to 1.1.9 yesterday. Went out flying last night and the lag was unbearable on my galaxy s5 and a nexus 10. Dji please sort out this issue
2015-6-5
Use props
cegio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-5 06:51
While I normally run with my iPad mini 2, just checked my Samsung S4 phone with v5.02 firmware.  T ...

The lag is not the problem, all of us have lag and this is normal in a digital transmision, we are talking about little cuts on the fpv signal, please see this video and you will understand

or this one

2015-6-5
Use props
ben_m16
Captain
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes, I have the same problem, I have, while fliying, intermitent cuts / pauses on video streaming. And I only fly between 100 and 400 meters from me.

On 1.1.8 the phantom fly perfect, streaming perfect smooth, but when I update to 1.1.9 I have this problem.

I can´t fly well because the streaming pauses a lot, you can have an accident flying in this conditions.

Please DJI, let us downgrade the Phantom to 1.1.8, while yours reproduce the problem. 1.1.8 was near perfection for us.

I use to fly a Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" (exynos CPU) and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Snapdragon CPU) and I have the same problem with both of them.

I test in the middle of the field, without trees.

Please please please, let us downgrade to 1.1.8

Thanks
2015-6-5
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.3

Portugal

Today I will do another video like that one above with full GPS signal (the cuts in the video above were "more or less few" but when got full gps cover it becomes very very worse and horrible!!
2015-6-5
Use props
ben_m16
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

What change did DJI in 1.1.9 to interfere with GPS and streaming. I can´t understand. GPS is one thing, and Hd streaming is other thing, but if you have good coverture of satellites, you have cuts on streaming video, If you don´t have satellites, you have a perfect signal on streaming.............I can´t understand........ but is real problem.
2015-6-5
Use props
Rortizurbina
lvl.1

Spain

IT WORKS!!!!
I have flown today and tested with HARDWARE ENCODE ON and the problem seems to be fixed.  I also selected the HD Transmission  channel manually instead using Auto.
With this the FPV image was correct and very nice. Until now with Hardware encode OFF and channel selection in auto, it was extremely laggy and useless.
If you use hardware encode ON remeber to place your IOs device with App Background Refresh OFF.

I am very happy now!! I can fly my Phantom and see through its camera.
Those of you with laggy FPV image, I suggest you try this ;) It may work
2015-6-5
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.3
Italy

Rortizurbina Posted at 2015-6-5 20:40
IT WORKS!!!!
I have flown today and tested with HARDWARE ENCODE ON and the problem seems to be fixed ...

Very happy for you, but Topic is: ... Pause Android in FPV  
With Android devices is quite impossible to fly now. It was ok with previously firmware
2015-6-5
Use props
ben_m16
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

The problem is on Android, not on IOS. ;)
2015-6-5
Use props
Rortizurbina
lvl.1

Spain

Well if you read carefully the post on this thread and in othe forums, the problem was for both Ios and Android. There several posts of Ios users complaining about this.
Until today I could not use the FVP for flying using my Ipad Air. The image was extremely laggy with a delay measured in seconds, sometimes the image was frozen..... So I would say this issue is also affecting at least some Ios devices and it is not an exclusive Android issue.
By the way, did you made an effort to test the fix I proposed? ;)
2015-6-5
Use props
odalaigh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 918182 ft
United States

I am having the same problem with my P3 Pro with my Shield tablet.

Here is some sample footage.
2015-6-5
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.3

Spain

They should let us come back to the previous firmware (1.1.8).  {:3_42:}
2015-6-5
Use props
techellc
New

United States

odalaigh Posted at 2015-6-5 21:54

Hey guys I was having the android pause lag. I formatted the SD card through the DJI Pilot app. Then I did a factory reset on my Nexus 7 and had a successful test flight with no lag and no app disconnects. It is only one flight so could be a fluke, but something to try, hope it helps someone else.
2015-6-5
Use props
benjaman.walter
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issues with my Samsung S 8.4".
I think I found the 1.1.8 Firmware  - Will try it later when I get home.  If anyone tries it in the mean time please post results.  
2015-6-5
Use props
chasd.harris
lvl.1

United States

Arct1C0n Posted at 2015-6-5 01:39
My Note 4 is basically useless for FPV, might as well fly blind for all its worth now

Same with my Galaxy Tab S 8.4.  It worked great a couple of weeks ago, but when it updated the firmware to Lollypop 5.0.2 the Pilot started crashing and freezing and being very slow.  I can't even set the video parameters or calibrate the compass without it crashing.  Definitely not ready to fly.
2015-6-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blade Strike tested with his Note 4 and had no issues on the ground or in the air.  One user suggested that you Reset your device.  Turn off all other apps and disable video caching.  It worked for him.
2015-6-5
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.3

Portugal

Tahoe_Ed thank you for all, but that's nothing to do with it. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is like it has been reseted. It's brand new, no apps installed so ever. I just bought this tablet to work with Phantom3, I researched all best android tablets in the market, since I don't like iOS, and the only doubt was in nvidia Shield or Galaxy Tab S, and Tab S won the competition. So, I don't run any other programs and the system is like new. I even tried with airplane mode and its the same. The more GPS signal it gets, more stutter it become...

I really don't know.. I'm about to return my tablet to the store (if they let me, but its new) and buy a hateful iOS.. :/
2015-6-5
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This is exactly my issue as well.  It was butter smooth when I purchased it.  1.1.9 messed it up.  I can tell its frustrating by your sighs.  
2015-6-5
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This is exactly my issue as well.  It was butter smooth when I purchased it.  1.1.9 messed it up.  I can tell its frustrating by your sighs.  
2015-6-5
Use props
romansu2
lvl.3
Latvia

hi,
i have some problem with my Multipad 4 ULTRA QUAD 8.0 3G(PMP7280C3G_WH_QUAD + Android 4.1.2).

time lag this not problem. i have FPV micro freeze.

What is the main difference in function between Android and iOS ?
I read somewhere that in the new firmware or a new DJI Pilot program(for Android) adds support for charging the phone(tablet) connected to the remote control. But iOS not have this function.
I think that is what is causing the problem!!!
2015-6-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

We have tried to replicate this issue on a Samsung S4 and a Note 4 and neither of them displayed the problem.  I can only recommend that you call DJI and let them know your concerns.  I wish we would have had issues but right now we have nothing on our equipment that we can point to.  Some had reported issues on RCG.  Some have been able to fix them, some not.  Some are using non-supported devices.  Android is the wild wild west with manufactures providing their own skins to the Andriod operating system.  DJI can only test on a limited number of devices.
I am not saying that it does not exist, I am only saying that with the same devices that you say you are having issues with, we cannot replicate it.  We have reported to DJI.  
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules