Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
serge.samson
lvl.1

Canada

Wow... DJI ??  AMAZING

The very few responses (should say comments) you posted are totally discouraging to us your customers.  If I was running your R&D or communications dept, I can assure you a few heads would be rolling by now!

Be serious and restrain from asking whether the Drone was turned ON or if we are flying under a 55 C desert sun.  If the current thread alone does not help you identify potential (just that..) causes then please don't say anything and JUST MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO REVERT TO 1.1.8.

AFTER this is done, and only after .. think and investigate.  You are beyond the point of asking about the weather....
2015-6-10
Use props
bluemagic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1129629 ft
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-11 03:16
Note quite as simple as that....
You'd have to state exactly how many background apps you think it ...

My Note 4 is running clean. Low memory and cpu untill the Pilot app starts heating it up like lava.
2015-6-10
Use props
bluemagic
lvl.2
United States

I have a $1400 Phantom Pro I can not fly due to the extremely laggy video. No matter what device I use on Android. Even the approved devices. Where is the support??
Like · Comment · Share

1 share

DJI Global Hi Rick, we're aware of the Android issue since the update. We have already flagged this to the tech team and are awaiting the fix.
Like · Reply · 24 mins

Rick  How long? it getting ridiculous not being able to fly.
Like · 23 mins
Rick  Might be helpful if you made a global statement to ease everyone's concerns.
Like · 22 mins
2015-6-10
Use props
lnwpower
lvl.1

Thailand

p

this is the answer from DJI {:3_42:}

Screenshot_2015-06-11-11-02-49~01~01.png
2015-6-10
Use props
bluemagic
lvl.2
United States

lnwpower Posted at 2015-6-11 12:13
this is the answer from DJI

Well thats not very refreshing is it?
2015-6-10
Use props
kc2jds
lvl.4

United States

The problem is a temp problem, i do not know if it is heat in the P3 or the tablet or phone, I just got my phantom 3 yesterday and did initial tests and was very disappointed at the stutter and saw this long thread with no answers, which is not a good thing,  
2015-6-10
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-11 05:28
Two other hints...

As the device heats up, it may throttle the CPU - this is why it may happen afte ...

No offense but this guy's phantom is working,  so why is he hanging around this forum?   Has anyone said issue solved by using any of his tips or hints?   I'm not sure about others but everytime he says its the heat,  covers, memory,  unsupported device,  etc,   I get more irritated.   Here is the only fact that we all agree on.

1.1.8 worked.   1.1.9 does not for the people having issues here.

We have all been on forums and we all want that Magical **** ISSUE SOLVED **** so far that has not happened.  And the reason?  DJI needs to fix the firmware.  Our devices are fine.

Suggestion... We need to move this issue from this forum to the DJI facebook page where potential buyers are watching and DJI is more apt to respond.   The only people who watch this page are the ones who own it. Obviously even DJI is not watching this.

2015-6-10
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

cwilliams@trico Posted at 2015-6-11 13:24
No offense but this guy's phantom is working,  so why is he hanging around this forum?   Has anyon ...

Totally agree with you! Let's do it. We need to move on facebook page.
2015-6-10
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.2

Spain

alessio.pac@gma Posted at 2015-6-11 14:01
Totally agree with you! Let's do it. We need to move on facebook page.

I join!!!!
2015-6-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Good idea!
This problem is touching not only Phantom 3, but Inspire 1 too.

Hm.
Have someone tried old version od DJI app?
2015-6-10
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-11 14:58
Good idea!
This problem is touching not only Phantom 3, but Inspire 1 too.

as far as I know you cannot use old app with new firmware ... also you cannot downgrade firmware. only option here is to wait for new version that will include fix for this bug
2015-6-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

I do not knew that, thanx mate for explaying. So wee all need to write to DJI to signalize the problem more intensive, and publish topic on FB, Youtubers and RC/FPV forums, mail to local dealers, if our actions here do not convince DJI for resolving issue.

We need a fix or statement they are working on solving it.
2015-6-10
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

well guys my story is this... continued story that is...

PH3A 1.1.9 FW

Samsung TAB S 10.5

yesterday I deleted and killed all the apps i could on my TAB S... it only had the DJI app installed and nothing else... This kept the CPU running around 57% and the FPV was all good again.

But the TAB S usless for anything else as it had no apps installed.

So today, reset TAB S back to factory settings. installed DJI App and Zapper app to kill unneeded running processors and monitor CPU usage.

Todays test back to terrible FPV ... Laggy and dropping frames. CPU running at 82%.

So confirmed the tablet cant keep up with 1.1.9 firmware.

Mmmmmmmm!

Just happen to have access to a iPhone 6+

installed DJI app

FPV ...???... well lovely.... smooth as... heaps better than i've even seen from my PH3A! No lag and no dropped frames at all! Flew 2 batts.... no problems at all.

ok... so Android app broken... Nothing new here i guess.

On the weekend I'm testing it with a Samsung S6..... will be interesting to see... S6 heaps bigger CPU power than anything else.

All testing done with default settings in the DJI app from DJI web site.

Regs Chris
2015-6-10
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-6-11 15:50
well guys my story is this... continued story that is...

PH3A 1.1.9 FW

I tested on Samsung S6!, FPV was smooth til 15 mins of flight, and then suddenly lag and bad quality video! 1 frame for 5-6 seconds! Android app taxes CPU/GPU too much!! DJI use some efficient code!
2015-6-11
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Kevin Stewart Posted at 2015-6-11 16:29
I tested on Samsung S6!, FPV was smooth til 15 mins of flight, and then suddenly lag and bad quali ...

ok good to know... thxs mate.

I'll see how she goes.
2015-6-11
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5454557 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Any news from DJI ?????????

I have a very expensive paper weight
2015-6-11
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

I still think that the problem is related to the video cache thing.

As the device is gets too busy dealing with the app itself, other apps and recording a huge load of video data.

Here is why:
- They probably are recording good quality cached video for the live thingy
- Where are you recording the cache? Is it in your device or external card?
- What is the writing speed of the card that you are recording to?
- Does the app write the cache and then show the video to the screen? If yes and takes a while to write to disk, it will take a while to show to screen.

For me, no more cache video and things got better SO FAR.

I'm not saying that this is the solution but at least I can see where I'm flying to.

Anybody else tested no cache video?

Cheers.
2015-6-11
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

I tested Paniza... No changes, same jerky video!
2015-6-11
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Thanks TiagoMatias!

2015-6-11
Use props
romansu2
lvl.2
Latvia

Hi,
today i continue investigate problem with micro freeze on Phantom with firmware 1.1.9
(my Multipad 4 ULTRA QUAD 8.0 3G not in support list, but have same CPU what in other device Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7)

CPU usage with DJI Pilot   ~ 50%
CPU usage with DJI Pilot + FPV translation without GPS  ~ 70% -> normal view
CPU usage with DJI Pilot + FPV translation with GPS  ~ 80% -> freeze view

To disable satellites is enough to put a hand on the Phantom.
if a little move hand from Phantom, you can get a satellite to appear from 1 to 15-20 gradually.
when a 1-2 satellite, the video begins to slow down a bit and the more satellites detected, the stronger freeze

DJI administration, this is my tablet fail?
1) the program requires a powerful graphics card? or just enough CPU?
2) calculation of the satellites takes place in the Tablet, Remote Controle or in a Phantom?
need official answer!!!

2015-6-11
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

Please retweet https://twitter.com/arcticwhiteness/status/608986384037240833

And write something here https://www.facebook.com/DJIglobal

2015-6-11
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

romansu2 Posted at 2015-6-11 21:15
Hi,
today i continue investigate problem with micro freeze on Phantom with firmware 1.1.9
(my Multip ...

Mate, this is very valuable post. Please write those informations to DJI support.
May devs review satellite calcullation algoritmes.  Maybe it depend from your location on Earth (thats why some users have problems and some not) or other strange condition (maybe glonass is calculated different from gps, and at your sky is more glonass or gps - this is of course and example and pure speculation).
This is valuable guide.
2015-6-11
Use props
didier.h
New

France

Yes please retweet this information ! Very good idea.
2015-6-11
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5454557 ft
  • >>>
Spain

No news...... when the phantom launch, two firmwares out quickly, without previous problems, now we have serious problems, and 3 weeks waiting any answer........

Meanwhile we have a 1300$ paper weight.........

Buy a Matrice 100 ???????? nooooo

and Phantom 3 + ??????? noooooo

and a super renewal Phantom 4 ??????  nooooooooo

All of this will comes with news problems..........
2015-6-11
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

Philliplloyd20 Posted at 2015-6-11 22:07
Just left a comment on dji Facebook page, it was deleted within 5 minutes

don't worry maybe they have a lag also on FB ;)
2015-6-11
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

posted on DJI FB advert of P3 with hardcase ... and still there
2015-6-11
Use props
didier.h
New

France

Several posts are already there : https://www.facebook.com/DJIglobal/posts_to_page . Please add yours ;-)
2015-6-11
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

All,

good news, after few posts on DJI FB adverts they replied!

2015-6-11
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

musman1978 Posted at 2015-6-11 22:25
All,

good news, after few posts on DJI FB adverts they replied!

Good. So now we know they are working on it  
2015-6-11
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-11 03:20
Crashes are usually avoidable. It's quite a stretch (IMHO) to say that FPV or the lack of made me  ...

small misunderstanding ;) I was thinking about DJI Pilot app crashes ...
2015-6-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-11 22:43
Good. So now we know they are working on it

We have been working on it.  Part of the  issue was that we could not replicate the issue on a Supported Device.  We now have several cases where the results have been replicated by DJI employees.  We continue to press for a solution.  Yes it appears that heat is a factor but there may be other factors as well.  We understand your frustration, at this point we are waiting just like you are for R&D to come up with a solution.
2015-6-11
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-11 23:35
We have been working on it.  Part of the  issue was that we could not replicate the issue on a Sup ...

Finally!
2015-6-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

cwilliams@trico Posted at 2015-6-11 13:24
No offense but this guy's phantom is working,  so why is he hanging around this forum?   Has anyon ...

Firstly, I take absolutely no offense.
I am an educator and writer and user. As all three of those, I try to help people with their quadcopters.

I also wrote a number of books on Quads, including one of the P3 which is coming out this week.

I have been into technology and flying for 50 years (started with model rockets, balsa models - went into Ham Radio, computers and much more) and my I try to solve technical problems when presented with them.

According to many people, the advice I put togethers helped them.

So, to each his own. If you don't want to help solve your own problems you can ignore my posts. But I'm surely not going to go away as long as I can help people...and also learn things myself.

Thanks!

Craig
2015-6-11
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

We have been working on it.  Part of the  issue was that we could not replicate the issue on a Sup ...

Thank you Tahoe_Ed.

Now we can relax and will be patiently waiting  and we are happy you replicaded issue and working on this.
2015-6-11
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-11 23:56
Firstly, I take absolutely no offense.
I am an educator and writer and user. As all three of those ...

Yes, i have readed many of Your post on droneflyers, we know You have good intentions, thanx for help mate!
2015-6-11
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue using a nexus 7 1st gen 2012 version all updated. Haven't tried my note 4 yet. Lags really bad then just freezes. Lag starts immediately upon takeoff and freezing can happen at any point in the flight. I am not buying an iOS device so hope this issue if fixed. Otherwise still very impressed with the p3p
2015-6-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-12 01:20
I have the same issue using a nexus 7 1st gen 2012 version all updated. Haven't tried my note 4 yet. ...

Isn't that an unsupported older model tablet?

I had one and sold it when I got the P3 because it would be too slow to run it properly. At the minimum you need the 2nd generation (2013 model) of that tablet. Even that is the lower end of device.

You can't expect a device made 3 or 4 years ago to run these intensive tasks....even if DJI slims down the app.
2015-6-11
Use props
petter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663179 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Great - Thanks to have post this message.
Would have been a couple of days before... But keep in mind for next time ;)

Has R&D has trusted our facts, I trust them to work 24h a day to solve this issue
(Have been R&D Mgr.... I know that to solve an issue, miracle are possible!)

Thanks to keep us posted on the ongoing ;)
Will be happy to have a quiet sleep tonight...
2015-6-11
Use props
eknudsen
New

United States

Thank goodness for Facebook. I also commented too this morning after seeing this post still going on with all of us having the same issue with a big paperweight.
2015-6-11
Use props
info.blumcomput
lvl.1
United States

In the meanwhile, is it safe to fly as long as you don't rely on the first person view from the app? Like lets say with no tablet / phone connected?
I will get my Phantom 3 tomorrow and want to try it at least a little bit, even if all the functionality is not there. I bet it comes with 1.19 preistalled, so thats why i was wondering if its safe to fly without the app or a tablet connected.

2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules