Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A2 "Fly Safe" Restrictions!
1978 3 2014-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david
New

United Kingdom

What do you guys think of the restrictions imposed in the new A2 v2.4 software?

I would love to upgrade, especially for the F-channel features, but the flight restrictions put me off.

Dont get me wrong, I think the restrictions are necessary on the cheaper models that hobbists use.  But for a professional product like the A2 it is dissapointing that they impose a blanket ban on all users.

Some, like myself, will have permission to fly from their national aviation regulator (CAA for me). And I have regularly contacted my local Air Traffic Controllers to seek advise and ask persmission to fly within their controlled traffic regions (CTRs).

There should be an option to remove restrictions if the user can prove to DJI that they can legally conduct aerial work.

Thoughts?
2014-11-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You understand that you can turn them off.  The version of the Assistant that I have allows that option.  You have to go to the Advanced tab.  I have not downloaded the current public version of the Assistant.  Next on my list.
2014-11-7
Use props
commercialukope
New

United Kingdom

Ed

Can you confirm it is optional in the release software. These DJI mandatory rules are not aligned with the UK air navigation order, our existing permissions we have worked for with the CAA nor agreements we have with air traffic control units. We have tasks and training areas within ATZ's,  lets hope DJI force don't force us out of these areas base upon a retrograde fit to our equipment.

We have purchased  1000's of  pounds of DJI equipment as a UK commercial UAV operators and undertaken training etc I hope DJI doesn't treat us like a £300 phantom customer.

Interested in views of other UK UAV operators using A2 controllers with CAA permissions and those undergoing training
2014-11-7
Use props
jaggillan
New

United Kingdom

commercialukope Posted at 2014-11-8 15:34
Ed

Can you confirm it is optional in the release software. These DJI mandatory rules are not aligne ...

I really can't imagine the flight restrictions are mandatory. I hope that they have been put in place so in the future only pilots with permits can unlock it? Don't know how that could or would work, but that would be great! ... What are the F channel features :-)
2014-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules