Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NO MC DATA- ACCELEROMETER FAILED
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyGirl
lvl.4

United States

Accelerometer failed
Gimbal cannot receive MC data

Lights on craft are flashing - red, yellow, green
Status light on MC are - red, green, yellow, purple
No flight possible- motors won't power up
Gimbal sounds are dd-dd-dd-dd-dd-dd-dd-dd-dd........
LED shows solid red, upgrade I will assume

ph3p has not accepted #9 update after ten attempts. Has still flown with no issues.

Any ideas on this is greatly appreciated.
In advance,
Cheers!

2015-6-4
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Flight controller seems faulty, I guess you could try to do a imu calibration and see if that helps but your prolly going to have to send it in...  I would see what Tahoe_ed has to say about your issue
2015-6-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Im afraid the Accelerometer failure cannot fixed by own. Trully sorry for this, pls contact support.
2015-6-4
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-5 14:28
Im afraid the Accelerometer failure cannot fixed by own. Trully sorry for this, pls contact support.

Thank You for those that have responded,  I HAD contacted support with NO response.

I am truly not surprised that i will have to send this to repairs and risk an exorbitant amount of time without the unit.

I also am not surprised that this has happened within the first month of owning it. SO MANY OTHERS like me.

Now, WHAT? Summer here, should get it back just in time for the rains?

I would like to add - that battery still has not arrived.
I'm coming up on two months waiting.

I'm filing a report. Just as all should do.

Shame on you dji

a SHAM on US                                                                                                      BBB

NOT HAPPY

2015-6-5
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

FlyGirls,

Before you send the unit back, can you take the covers off the gimbal housing parts and re seat the ribbon cables? Before I incurred the cost of shipment, I'd try a few things.

Unplug the cables from the gimbal plate and remove the entire camera assembly. Then give the P3 body a good shake to see if unit will return to normal after reconnection. While the camera is off you can check the ribbon cables for the re seat.

My iPhone at times wouldn't change views from portrait to landscape. A good shaking fixed the problem. Worth a try before losing your quad a for a few months.
2015-6-5
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.4

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-6 01:18
FlyGirls,

Before you send the unit back, can you take the covers off the gimbal housing parts and r ...

Gregg -

Thank you for the quick response on my dilemma....

Wouldn't you know it,
I just stepped outside to find a SPARE BATTERY!!! The irony.
And, I was just told ,"end of June, 10 days  ???
Clearly they don't know left from right.

Maybe i will try what you describe before it is sent away.

Cheers.

Thanks for the chat, and BTW?  How's that kitten of yours?

2015-6-5
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

FlyGirl Posted at 2015-6-6 02:11
Gregg -

Thank you for the quick response on my dilemma....

FlyGirl,

Happy to hear that you received your battery, but sorry to hear of the P3 issues.

I pinged DJI today on the battery and a few other issues with QC and the frustration of being an unofficial beta tester. It's one thing to knowingly sign up to test, but totally different to find a product that I spent $1360 on is another story.

Thank you for asking about the kitty. My little Ginny, the black tortie is doing fine. She gets fed 4 times a day and is growing like weeds. A far cry from the feral kitty of 3 months ago.
2015-6-5
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.4

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-6 02:31
FlyGirl,

Happy to hear that you received your battery, but sorry to hear of the P3 issues.

Gregg-

I may try what you suggested today before sending it away.

If indeed i do send it off i will offer the battery, (unboxed) for sale. From washington state.

A feral?
What a saviour/saver!! How fortunate for her.
Do please remember to feed her premium food. Opposed to grocery store variety.
A true feral living in the wild will not die from kidney failure.
Meaning that -the cheep, inexpensive recipes can contain ingredients that promote the kidney failure, we/they have experienced.

I'll get back on my decision to send or not.

signing off
Again, Many Thanks
&   Cheers!

2015-6-5
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

Sounds as if you are getting close to giving up on DJI equipment. If so, that's too bad. They've got some great designs and I'm sure some talented engineers. Too bad they have problems grasping customer service.

One side of me also would want to sell.  It's not like DJI is going to extend the battery warranty from the 90 days from the time you get the P3 back.

DJI is becoming a product of their own success. Great intentions, with poor execution.  

As for kitties and kidney disease. Yes processed food is causing the majority of kidney disease in cats. Convenience over nutrition.

A few years back I researched renal failure in cats. Everything I could find. The most succinct article I read was from a feline practitioner that indicated that house cats were just outliving their kidneys as feral cats usually succumb to other means of morbidity.

The little girl is getting Royal Canin kitten formula 4 times a day plus a taste of chicken or turkey. She's well behaved and comes out to greet guests, though she keeps her distance. It was difficult to keep her out of the Phantom box. Fun times for Ginny.
2015-6-5
Use props
CapitAn
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FlyGirl Posted at 2015-6-6 02:50
Gregg-

I may try what you suggested today before sending it away.

Yes! Another person who gets kitty nutrition!
l've turned to homemade raw recently and my kitties love it. We're about 1/2 and 1/2 raw and premium canned.
Sorry to hear about your Phantom btw, that really sucks.
2015-6-5
Use props
DivenDog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

Here is the FIX!

I had the same problem and error and was able to fix it without sending it back to DJI.  So, I created a separate thread showing the fix please follow the link.http://forum.dji.com/thread-19612-1-1.html

-Dog

P3P Acc.jpg
2015-6-7
Use props
ahmed
New

United States

sorry to hear about your p3 but I had the same problem. I was flying so fast that when lost control of the drone I was facing a tree so I tried to climb over it and I was almost there but the landing gear didn't make it so it went out of control and went strait in to the ground and the problem is that I want there next to it. I was flying it FPV and I don't know how exactly it crashed but all what I know is when I went there, I found the battery out somewhere and the drone was fine, just covered in dirt but I cleaned it. and when I wanted to power it up again it never worked. showing that I have an accelerometer failed and gimbal cannot receive MC data. I tried to fix it using updates or what ever and it didn't work. so I had to ship it back for repair and the told me that it might take up to 4-6 weeks. that really sucks. and that happened after my 6th day of owning my p3.
but I hope that the damage goes under the warranty and I don't pay any thing extra since I just got it for a few days.
2015-6-8
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

I'm in the same situation as you. I sent it in and now I am in the 4th week of waiting.
2015-6-8
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.4

United States

DivenDog Posted at 2015-6-7 16:49
Let me start off by saying I'm not a newbie when it comes to flying quads or hexs but I am when it c ...

Aw Man DOG!!!

Where were you on Friday??

It's gone, shipped off to the abyss of pantoms somewhere in Cali.
I

I'm so glad you have posted though - for those that will research here before the dreaded shipment, I did.
Many thanks, Even though.

Cheers!!

2015-6-8
Use props
jimcloud74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

They don't warranty damage from crashes people.  Noone does. Sorry to hear about yours fly girl.  Maybe you will get a lightning return miracle!  
2015-6-8
Use props
playex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82638 ft
Venezuela

After a little crash I have  this message, Somebody can help me

Accelerometer failed
gimbal cannot receive mc data

imu calibration required
2015-6-14
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

playex Posted at 2015-6-15 11:25
After a little crash I have  this message, Somebody can help me

Accelerometer failed

Try this thread I made it fixed my issue. http://forum.dji.com/thread-19612-1-1.html

-Dog
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules