Phantom 3 UV Filter
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

I'm very happy to see that DJI has announced a ton of new  . . but my question is about the UV Filter . . . are you supposed to leave it on all the time, or only in bright sunshine?

2015-6-5
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Well, i guess that UV Filter is the same part you already have on your Phantom3. the P3 comes with an UV Filter standard as far as i know. Its just a replacement and great for protect the lens. I guess you mean ND Filters which is something different
2015-6-5
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Daninho Posted at 2015-6-6 01:16
Well, i guess that UV Filter is the same part you already have on your Phantom3. the P3 comes with a ...

Hmm . . . if this is a direct replacement for the original then I guess I just spent $38 for something I already have and don't need   
2015-6-5
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Pretty sure it is a replacement part.
2015-6-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a replacement part..
2015-6-5
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

You guys were right.  DJI has confirmed that the UV filter is a straight replacement part.  Oh well, doesn't hurt to have an extra, I guess.
2015-6-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Rob88,
Why not cancel the unnecessary order? Save your money for those things you do need.
Extra smart batteries, are a good investment. ;-)

If you crash hard enough to spoil that internal filter, your camera and gimbal might also be trashed...

Spare Rotor blades, smart batteries, a case or nice backpack, are what I will be investing extra towards in the future. YKMV

RedHotPoker

2015-6-5
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-6 05:49
Rob88,
Why not cancel the unnecessary order? Save your money for those things you do need.
Extra sma ...

I will contact DJI and let you know what they say . . .
2015-6-5
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Someone got one of the larger tablets to fit by removing the foam of the backpack, placing the tablet where the foam goes, and then placing the foam over the tablet. I believe it was the top foam that and not the one you use to put your phantom and accessories on.
2015-6-5
Use props
JGPT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357316 ft
Colombia

Rob88 Posted at 2015-6-6 01:41
Hmm . . . if this is a direct replacement for the original then I guess I just spent $38 for somet ...

HI,
look this...
It´s an official answer to your question. DJI sent it to me, yesterday.

Storeagent02 (DJI)
Jun 8, 15:09

Dear Jose,

Thank you so much for your email.
Our P3 does not come with UV filter, so you are recommended to keep this order.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any problem.

Thank you
2015-6-8
Use props
power
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3140876 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Is this definitely the case? There are several other posters (including Tahoe_Ed) alluding to the opposite (see link below), namely that the P3 camera already comes with a UV filter and therefore that the one on sale is simply a replacement part.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid101423
2015-6-8
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

power@groovy100 Posted at 2015-6-8 22:42
Is this definitely the case? There are several other posters (including Tahoe_Ed) alluding to the op ...

I can confirm that DJI told me it was a direct replacement part and allowed me to cancel my order as a result.
2015-6-8
Use props
Albert Jr.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2422041 ft
United States

Rob88 Posted at 2015-6-9 05:13
I can confirm that DJI told me it was a direct replacement part and allowed me to cancel my order  ...

Hey... I need one of those!
I broke mine about a week ago... where did you order that?

Thanks,

Albert
2015-6-8
Use props
Albert Jr.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2422041 ft
United States

Albert Jr. Posted at 2015-6-9 05:16

Found it!

Thanks,
Albert
2015-6-8
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Albert Jr. Posted at 2015-6-9 05:16

Here you go . . . . http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-nd4-filter
2015-6-8
Use props
jc1764
New

United States

If this is in fact a replacement part, the original should come off.  I've tried to twist the end of the camera barrel but haven't noticed that it spins off.  How do you replace this?  

I'm VERY VERY interested in figuring this out, because it's just a matter of time before something happens and I scratch the lens.  Not knowing whether there's a replaceable part on the eye of my camera makes me very nervous.
2015-6-20
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

jc1764 Posted at 2015-6-21 14:36
If this is in fact a replacement part, the original should come off.  I've tried to twist the end of ...

See this post for how to remove . . . http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14931
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules