compass in ground station error
2286 4 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.fletcher
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi, I have two issues that may or may not be related.
Issue 1.
When using dynamic home point the copter wants to fly a lot further away than 10 meters in any direction, but does work correctly apart from the distance issue. ( not the issue for this thread but maybe related.)
issue 2
The issue for this thread is the compass.
I have two Samsung galaxy tablets, one 12 inch and one 10 inch, both with the dji latest software installed.
when I swipe side ways to use the ground station the compass is 90 deg out, this happens on both tablets.( north is not in the correct place but does rotate as the tablet is rotated relatively)
When I open up a seperate compass app that app reads north correctly.(north is in the correct place)
just to check im not going mad I had a friend install the dji app on his Iphone 4 and his compas reads correctly.
Q1: Is this app designed and tested to operate on a samsung galaxy tablets?
(im worried about trying to use the ground station part of the app if the compas in the app is not correct, it starts to make me think about the other data being transmitted to the copter.)
Long story short, I found this error while trying to work out why the home lock does not work as expected.
both things use simular data derived from the tablets gps is what im currently thinking.

Any pointer please, im open to ideas, or is it just me reading things wrong?

Rgds.J

2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.2

China

The dynamic home point has a deviation of up to 20 meters.
For the compass indication error, please kindly do compass calibration and also upgrade your DJI Vision App for a try.

2014-11-10
Use props
j.fletcher
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI-Tenna Posted at 2014-11-10 19:23
The dynamic home point has a deviation of up to 20 meters.
For the compass indication error, please  ...

Ok, the issue is not with the Quad or the tablet, is with the Android APP itself.
My off road navigation and compass work correctly on both Samsung tablets, both are running completely different operating systems and both tablets are indicating the same error in the DJI app. ( the compass is being displayed on the screen 90Deg out from magnetic north, this in turn is making the map orientation on the display physically incorrect, and this moves dynamically as the tablet is orientated, (North on the map is correct))
I can take a photo of if that helps convey the problem better.

J.

2014-11-10
Use props
daniel.bell
New

United States

j.fletcher@pgs. Posted at 2014-11-10 21:54
Ok, the issue is not with the Quad or the tablet, is with the Android APP itself.
My off road navi ...

J.Fletcher,
did you figure out this issue?  I have a Samsung Galaxy Pro 10 tablet as well and the Quad is always 90 off.  I plug in my Samsung phone and it's correct.  I also calibrated the tablet, however, the issue persists.

-Dan
2014-11-28
Use props
dmann5
New

United States

I also have a Samsung 10" tablet GT P5210 and experienced the same problem with the map being 90 deg off and very jittery when in Ground Station mode.  If you click on the compass in GS (upper right hand corner of screen) it will lock the view into a "North Up" attitude.  You will see a lock on the compass.  Waypoint missions flew with no problem.  I also performed numerous waypoint flights with the display out 90 deg and it worked perfectly fine.
2014-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules