Operating range from airports
2008 8 2014-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vardyaj
New

United States

I live a good distance away from our main airport (MSP) - probably 20 miles away. But there is a small commercial airfield with 5 miles. This airfield does not show up of the no-fly radius for us. Anyone know what type of airports that the FAA includes in their 5 mile restriction for no-fly? Is there an official list?

2014-9-19
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

It depends on how they eventually choose to interpret...
Could be only major airports...
Could be all airports...
That's why everyone is hoping for a compromise.
2014-9-19
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

u can't fly near the airports ithe signal will disturb the airport and it's NO FLY ZONE i did once and air force took my phantom 2 and fly it to the sea they changed the phantom signal to military use signal -_-
2014-9-21
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Vardyaj, there is a difference in class A or B for airports and no fly zones, the small airport will be class B, meaning you can fly but only at a reduced altitude depending on how far away you are.
Probably best not to fly near any airport just to be safe.
2014-9-21
Use props
randyd8511
lvl.1

United States

There are class C airports also. Might want to get an airchart and maybe talk to the smaller airport operators. I know of a small airport here in Arizona that has radio controlled right on the field. When a plane is inbound they all land and wait. It has worked fine for many years...
2014-9-21
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

thomaskim558@gm Posted at 2014-9-21 19:04
u can't fly near the airports ithe signal will disturb the airport and it's NO FLY ZONE i did once a ...

What? The Air Force took over your Phantom?
2014-9-21
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I'm in Dominican Republic and the DJI P2V+  don't have any restrictions in here since it's not in the US or Europe, you just have to know that you dont fly near the airports. I was contact for shooting the airport terminal and i refuse since i need to fly way to close to a the airport.
2014-9-22
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2014-9-22 12:58
What? The Air Force took over your Phantom?

Yeh... I hate them!
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

It all depends on the class of airports A B or C. Contacting the airport is a good idea when your close. There are over 100 model clubs in B & C airspace. The FAA will be ruling on this very soon. We will see soon enough how the new regs in the US will effect us all.
2014-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules