3594 18 2014-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see you added a new category to your corporate forum. But we can't even get responses from you on existing categories. Can we expect anything different on the Inspire1?

We still have lots of outstanding issues we would love ot discuss on our P2V+ pages. Please, spend some time to help us, and not abandon us for the Inspire1 buyers.
2014-11-13
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

China

Tony, we are trying our best to listen to our precious customers. This is the whole point of this forum. Every team in DJI are reviewing comments and advises from customers on this forum and strives to provide solutions. We know as a young high-tech company we still have a long way to go to be better than the best. Hope you could understand.
2014-11-13
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Bruce Posted at 2014-11-14 10:36
Tony, we are trying our best to listen to our precious customers. This is the whole point of this fo ...

need to work harder to get this one...:-)
2014-11-13
Use props
CineAir
lvl.2

Australia

Yeah I agree, too many unanswered posts on this forum already
2014-11-13
Use props
gary.dunnett
New

United Kingdom

too many unanswered posts
Maybe they will replace my lost DJI with one of these new ones !!!!

Just had my second flyaway with my DJI phantom 2 + and its gone. it cost me £1,000 $1600
Recived it back from DJI repair center here in the UK, after they replaced the camera and two new motors that cost me another £600 $900 after it crashed with the first flyaway

this is the email i sent and still waiting for reply

RMA number HGRMA00238

Flyaway

I received my DJI 2+, Back from you after its repair.

I took the dji out today to film a new house project I'm documenting for a client and it was its first flight since its repairs

I ran thought all the pre flight checks and start up procedures.
Waited till I had the fast flashing green lights to indicate gps lock
Checked my phone for camera all was working well tilted the camera up a little before take off this worked
pulled sticks down, all motors started. Took the drone up four meters and let it hover for a while then took it up to twenty meters with no problem the drone was working fine pulled back on the right hand stick the drone came back
pushed the right stick forward the drone went forwards moved the stick left and right. I felt the drone was working fine and responding to my commands. I looked at my phone it was recording the house build
I climbed another couple of metres and pushed the right stick forward and then let go of the stick so I could get a the shot of the house that i wanted and that's when the drone came straight back over my head I had no control over my drone.  
it went over some trees and out of sight I switched off the controller and waited for it to return but it never did.

I have phone the Kent police and their reference number is 11/1080

I hope you can help

Regards

Gary
2014-11-14
Use props
kosmas
lvl.2

Greece

Tony +1000000 likes
2014-11-14
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Ha if DJI thought they were going to slither away from the damaged Phantom 2 forums to start fresh..surprise. Looks like customers are slithering along after them!
2014-11-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-15 05:22
Ha if DJI thought they were going to slither away from the damaged Phantom 2 forums to start fresh ...

Cloud 9 we have slithered away from nothing.  We answer questions to the best of our ability and with the information that we have been given.  As with all support, there becomes a time when you have nothing else to offer the customer than to have them send the unit in for repair or replacement.  You would have to be more specific on what issues we are ignoring on this and other forums.
2014-11-14
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-15 05:40
Cloud 9 we have slithered away from nothing.  We answer questions to the best of our ability and w ...

It was more of a joke, I've been in the quadcopter game long enough and see you helping out in RCGroups every day.
It's obvious you're more in tune than some of the other (possibly new) DJI reps here but I know you're all doing the best with what you have.
DJI is conquering a completely new RTF market and grows every day. I know a relatively young company will have some growing pains in the beginning, but with growing revenue comes growing support.

Not a knock on you personally Tahoe_Ed, but support still has a ways to go before DJI truly becomes the next "Apple" of UAVs like DJI's CEO envisions.
Keep up the good work, don't let some of the comments here and RCG discourage you

2014-11-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cloud9, no problem.  I don't take things personally.  I agree that our support still has a long way to go, but we are getting closer here in the US.  The new 15,000 sq ft Service, Support and Warehouse in Torrance is filling up fast both with personnel and with products.  New employees arrive almost daily.  We now have Director of North American Operations and I am excited to see the process accelerate under his leadership.  Exciting times around here at DJI for sure.
2014-11-14
Use props
alaskaflyboy
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-15 06:19
Cloud9, no problem.  I don't take things personally.  I agree that our support still has a long way  ...

I am excited about the Inspire - it has a lot of features and while I too would love to have had the price point somewhat lower, if there is a market for a nearly $3000 quadcopter then my hat is off to them.   I love my Phantom II Vision+, but I really wish it had a Point of Interest (POI) capability and a FOLLOW ME mode!   I haven't seen that capability on the Inspire documentation so far either, but its a pretty big deal to the hobby guys out there, and hopefully DJI knows that.  Perhaps the SDK developer's kit will allow "someone" to create an app or control option that will add this capability?   But I was hoping DJI was going to do it and make it work right.
    Without naming competitors, the bottom line is that I was out with a friend a week ago and he was showing me his camera drone and it came out-of-the-box with a "Follow-Me" mode and he biked around a soccer field and the thing stayed right off to his side and pointed itself right at him, and so it filmed him perfectly, better than I could have done trying to manually follow him with my Phantom.    A while back I wrote DJI an email and asked them about addressing these desires in their fan base, and for a reply I received an email from Julian at DJI that said "...Please waiting for more info in our official website: WWW.DJI.COM .  And thanks for your supporting."    I am not sure what that meant exactly, but when the Inspire was revealed, I was hopeful that was the "more info" he was referring to.   But there has been nothing said about POI or FOLLOW ME modes for the Phantom series or now the Inspire, and the feeling is that they don't see that as all that important.   With the dynamic home point now a part of the new software for both machines, it would seem that the Phantom (and Inspire?) are capable of tracking a GPS enabled device.   So it should in theory be able to point at that device and follow it as it moves.   That would sure be a boon to people who want to film their activities!   Just my thoughts.   I like my Phantom, a LOT.   I'd love to buy an Inspire, and perhaps someday I will.   In the meantime, I'l be playing with my Phantom and wishing for more.
2014-11-14
Use props
kosmas
lvl.2

Greece

RE: Focusing oi Inspire1?

Cloud 9 we have slithered away from nothing.  We answer questions to the best of our ability and w ...

Tell me DJI is the lost smooth tilt of Zenmuse H3-2D a "return to factory for repair" issue? Did you know how many users complain that with the latest upgrade to 1.6 and 1.8 YOU HAVE DESTROYED the smooth tilt of this gimbal?? When will you decide to give us an upgrade with a solution to that? HOW precise would you us to be for something like this? And why you don't reply in the corresponding threat ignoring everything said there? http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =277&page=1#pid5870 .... where are your answers to this?
2014-11-15
Use props
stryjek
lvl.3
United Kingdom

best way, i guess will be to wait for the first comments on here about inspire from the customers
2014-11-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gary.dunnett@sc Posted at 2014-11-14 20:00
too many unanswered posts
Maybe they will replace my lost DJI with one of these new ones !!!!

Gary,

It sounds like you lost GPS satellites.  When was yours repaired?  When you find it please let us know.
2014-11-15
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I disagree. You have not tried everything. I asked that you consider creating a Factory Recall type program that has us over's of the original P2V+ with GPS issues file our serial number to you and that you send us the new foil padding that you've added to the v2.0 Phantom. I did not get a single response from DJI. Completely ignored.

I also emailed you regarding not being able to register my new transmitter that I purchased directly from DJI.com. Your website doesn't recognize the serial# as valid. After weeks of waiting you replied back to my email and said "Call technical support". WTH? haha

You are definitely not doing everything you can to resolve old issues. And these are very minor issues to boot.

If you have me send in my phantom you will pay shipping for the phantom, then return shipping for the phantom, and you will perform the GPS shielding fix free of charge. If you do as I ask and you just send me the new pad shielding you will save TONS of money in the long run. Not sure why you are all choosin g to ignore this problem.
2014-11-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tony, we are not ignoring this but it effects a small number of users.  The number of posts on the forums compared to the total number of units in public hands is very small.  I am sure that you know that.  In these cases DJI handles each one on a case  by case basis.  If you are having this issue the fix is more that just shielding and requires the unit be returned to DJI for repair.  The Service Centers in the US, DE and CN have the instructions and the parts on how to perform this repair.  The Phantom Service Centers do not have the required parts neither do the Dealers.  I am sorry but there are somethings that we need to do for a fix.  
I agree that we can always do better in our support efforts.  We use user feed back like yours to frame our future direction.  You have to remember the US Service and Support Center has been open less than a year.  What used to be 10 employees in 2500 square feet has grown to almost 60 in 15,000 square feet.  My guess is that they will outgrow that facility in less than a year.  
2014-11-16
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Tony I completely agree with you! Tahoe_Ed affiliated with DJI on this forum stepped out to the plate on a few threads I am actively involved with. He has been pretty much nonexistent as well as other members of DJI's Forum team lately. I can fully appreciate DJI has been busy focusing there energy on rolling out the Inspire 1 however come one enough is enough. Lets see some action on your end DJI in getting things in order when it comes to support in general.
2014-11-16
Use props
stryjek
lvl.3
United Kingdom

My cousin is waiting now 5th week for the reply from customer service after he posted one. Waisted time, waisted money on shipping and still no reply,  why dont you guys not focus on this important part here in europe as well
2014-11-16
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Notice no mention of the registration issue I was having. After weeks of waiting I still have not gotten assistance with something as trivial as registering my new controller. I've attached a correspondence from DJI. Basically says "we see you reported a problem, call this number and wait on hold."

This is not "trying our best", this is flat out ignoring even the most simple of issues.

response

response
2014-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules