Gimbal Jello
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

Is my P3P faulty?  I get Jello when the gimbal is pointed straight forward.  The more the gimbal is angled down the less jello I get.  
2015-6-9
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Buy This:  http://polarprofilters.com/shop/DJI-Phantom-3-Filter
2015-6-9
Use props
DivenDog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

Was the P3 facing into the sun when you're getting this Jello? Was the camera level at level flight? The reason I ask is, I have noticed that I get some form of glare off the props from the sun when flying level flight facing the sun, even though the props are not actually in the frame . I'm going to try and fabricate some kind of a hood to attach to the lens as well as using the filter.  We will see what happens...
-Dog
2015-6-9
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Make sure you do not have too fast of a shutter speed. Rule of thumb is 2x frame rate... 30fps = 1/60 shutter speed. 24fps = 1/50 shutter speed (round up) and so on. The ND filter linked above will help achieve a slower shutter speed on a sunny day. You will also want to keep the ISO as low as possible.
2015-6-9
Use props
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-6-10 02:05
Make sure you do not have too fast of a shutter speed. Rule of thumb is 2x frame rate... 30fps = 1/6 ...

I've seen the prop shadow described and also I understand the 180 degree rule as far as shutter speeds and frame rates.  The footage is pretty much free of jello artifacts unless the camera is angled forward.  It's nothing to do with a filter to stop down light so you can use slower shutter speeds.  That's just masking the fact that there actually is vibration that is causing the jello effect.  The slow shutter speed might  help cover it up but it's still there and it's a problem that isn't supposed to be happening.
2015-6-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

You can upload a jello video for us.
From your description, the more the gimbal is angled down the less jello you got, I would suspect the damaged dampeners, you can check them.
Better to investigate with a video reference.
2015-6-9
Use props
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-10 14:46
You can upload a jello video for us.
From your description, the more the gimbal is angled down the l ...

This is going backwards at a decent speed.  Seems speed affects the jello too.  Notice around 29 seconds where its stops also I have pretty much stopped to a hover and moved slowly after that.  Unbalanced props do that?I flew forwards at a slower speed at the city kind of like I was doing in reverse here but slower and forwards and there was a lot less jello.  
2015-6-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

itsakirkbeat Posted at 2015-6-11 00:02
This is going backwards at a decent speed.  Seems speed affects the jello too.  Notice around 29 se ...

If the dampeners are damaged, jello can also occured in hovering. And yes the speed can also affect jello.
Did you check and change a set of dampeners?
2015-6-10
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-11 11:17
If the dampeners are damaged, jello can also occured in hovering. And yes the speed can also affec ...

Dji -Autumn
Surely not all of us have damaged dampers I only have a handful  of flights on my P3 I am a long time heli pilot  and my P3 has never even had a bump I catch it every time it lands I have got jello video also I also have altitude and telemetry incorrect readings, the phantom is sinking while flying  stalling video and tons of error messages  ie;  weak transmission signal (when it shouldn't be, no better connect than the WiFi on my p2. there are tons of bugs that your R&D team need to look at.  You need to pay close attention to these forums everyone is saying the same thing why do you question our observations most are previous p2 owners we know the product well and we know what were talking about. I made blade strike aware of the lagging video problem as being java looping a week ago I was receiving java loop problem in my analyzing software the minute the last firmware and pilot app came out. I am the developer designer of the Alien Sunglasses wireless fpv  video system for the phantom 2 series. I might also point out that the pilot app  functions worse on lollipop than on kit kat across the board. You need to look at the barometric sensor and gps data the processor is grinding and looping starting and stopping constantly  no wonder there is jello in the video here is another super important thread that you need to look at  http://forum.dji.com/thread-20767-1-1.html This is a potentially dangerous situation
2015-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules