Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is not being said about the Inspire 1
3244 5 2014-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
regan
lvl.1

Afghanistan

The problem with the Inspire 1 is what it doesn't say about it rather than what it does..... for example does it still have an IOC function, does it use/need a compass (and if so where is it), where is the GPS located, can the sonic sensors that are so useful inside be turn off for the outside  and what flight controller is it using.

I am despite all this rather inspired nonetheless.....

2014-11-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is an IOC function but it is not the same as the Phantom.  This information will be released in the manual and quick start guide shortly.  It uses a compass and is located in the GPS.  The GPS is located under the top of the canopy.  The sonic sensors are only useful to a height of 3 meters.  After that height, then the other controls take over.  The flight controller is brand new.  Somewhere between the Phantom/Naza and the A2.
2014-11-14
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-15 05:44
There is an IOC function but it is not the same as the Phantom.  This information will be released i ...

you stated: "Somewhere between the Phantom/Naza and the A2"... is that the reason why the Hovering Accuracy(In GPS Mode) is less than the A2?
This awesome design really deserves a better/good camera which can record video AND take pictures at the same time... at some higher resolutions and framespeeds...
DJI made a great step!

Dr. Max J.M. V.
2014-11-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mavs88 Posted at 2014-11-16 17:17
you stated: "Somewhere between the Phantom/Naza and the A2"... is that the reason why the Hovering ...

Dr. I don't think the hovering accuracy is less than the A2.  I have two of them on a S900 and S1000 and the performance is about the same, meaning I can't tell the difference.  I flew the Inspire in LA and was getting 16-17 satellites where the Phantoms were getting a max of 8.  I did not get a chance to fly my S900 there as I flew in from Vegas.
2014-11-16
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-17 00:52
Dr. I don't think the hovering accuracy is less than the A2.  I have two of them on a S900 and S10 ...

Thank you for your quick comment!
I own a F-550 with Groundstation, the DJI video-link etc. and a Hero GoPro (with DJI-gimbal) which I bought to see if I really would like this "hobby" ... I was already thinking about buying a S900 (or maybe the S1000+) with the A2 system when I heard (read: read haha) about the Inspire...
So that's called a BIG dilemma
I might keep in touch with you if you do not mind.

Thank you again!

Max
2014-11-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No problem.  We will be here.
2014-11-17
Use props