Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 100 FAQ's
12Next >
39342 49 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are included in M100 set?
Craft body, remote controller, battery, battery charger,GPS, extension frame accessory pack, and propellers;
You need to purchase the GUIDANCE,GUIDANCE install fittings, gimbal accessories, and gimbal
CanI assemble H4-3d and H3-3d gimbal on M100?
Not completely. M100 uses theInspire 1 gimbal camera. Since the communication protocols are different(Inspire 1 uses the USB link while H4-3D and H3-3D use CAN link), thus theH4-3D and H3-3D will be not perfectly supported.
If the N1 Video Encoder is acted inconcert with Gopro, you can connect the CVBS(AV) ports of  Gopro to the N1 Video Encoder, then the imagetransmission can be exported by the HDMI or DJI Pilot App.
What flight controller is used in M100?
M100 uses N1 flight controller.
What’s the max communication distance of M100 remote controller and whatimage transmission device it uses?
The remote controller integrates a HD image transmissioninside and its max transmission distance could reach 2000. The HD imagetransmission greatly improves the transmission quality and the reliability ofcommunication.
Is the M100 gimbal similar to Inspire 1 gimbal?
M100 uses DJI ZENMUSE X3 gimbal camera, same to the Inspire1 gimbal.
What’s the M100 battery capacity and what’s the flight time?  Can we use Inspire 1 battery on M100?
The battery capacity is 4500mAh and the battery voltage is 22.2V.The hovering time can reach up to 25mins. The Inspire 1 battery is notcompatible with M100 battery because of the structure difference of batteryclamp.
Can M100 supports double battery compartments? What’s the maxflight time?
The doublebattery compartments of DJI M100 can hold a second TB48D battery (you muststart the battery connected to the MC communication first and then anotherbattery; otherwise error warning occurs. Also, make sure both XT60 power plugsare plugged in. If you don’t need double battery supply, make sure to unplugthe XT60 plug of the spare battery compartment in case short circuit happens).
What propulsion system is used inM100? Can we assemble the E800 set on M100?
Since M100 uses a new custom E800 propulsion system, thusthe retailed E800 set can be assembled on the M100 directly.
Differences:
1. The power and signal ports are different and notcompatible.
2. The software and hardware are different.
Is the M100 GPS the same as the A2 GPS
The GPS in M100 isGPS PRO PLUS, they are compatible. But we recommended to use the A2 GPS PROPLUS. GPS PRO PLUS greatly improves the performance of anti-interference,satellites acquisition and positioning accuracy.
Can we assemble the battery compartment on the upper centre plate?
Yes. Users have the option to assemble the batterycompartment on the lower centre plate or upper centre plate. While assembling,please make sure the battery terminal faces the aircraft tail direction and use4 M2.5X5 screws to mount it on the extension bar. Meanwhile, adjust themounting position of battery compartment on the extension bar accordingly sothat the center of gravity could be adjusted properly (Usersneed to be aware that there is a spare through-hole on the upper plate for thewiring, but be careful of the placement of the erection column, ESC, etc.  of the centre frame in case damagingthe cables).
How to connect the gimbal cables?
1.    Insert  one end of the 10-pin gimbal cable into the 10-pin port offlight controller, and the 8-pin gimbal cable into the 8-pin port, as shown inthe pic below:
2.    Insert the other end of the 10-pin gimbal cableinto the 10-pin port of the gimbal clamp, and the other end of the 8-pin gimbalcable into the 8-pin port.

How to control the inclinedinward angle to 3 degree while assembling the M100 arm? Any special fixturesneeded?
No any special fixture is needed. The 3 degree compress partis installed on the aircraft by default. As the left picture shows, thecompress part should be assembled on the mounting position A and make sure the tangentplane of the arm ring coincide with the tangent plane of the compress part withscrews tightened. The propeller plane and the horizontal plane will shape a 3degree tilt.

Sketch map of MC and battery compartment side centre plateconnection

The features of output electric current and voltage on XT30 portand XT60 port?
EachXT60 port and XT30 port contain the following features:

Output voltage range

2-26.1V(the output voltage stays at 22.2V  instead of in a range value)
Max constant output current
10A
Note: the total current of all the reserved XT60 ports and XT30ports cannot exceed 10A.
Can we connect other accessories to M100?
There are 5 extension ports designed on the 2 sides of thecenter frame for users to connect their devices. The five ports are XT30/XT60/GPSCAN/CAN1/UART.
DoesM100 have the function of damping? What’s the range of the impact it cansupport?
The M100 landing gears have the function of damping. It cansupport the impact force to the extent that when an aircraft with a 3.0 KGtakeoff weight lands at a speed of 1m/s.
What’s the definition of CAN port and UART port?
Onthe 2 sides of center frame there is a reserved GPS CAN port, 2 CAN1 ports(5 pin)and 2 UART ports(6 pin)for the connection with otherdevices(whileconnecting devices to the following 2 power ports, users should pay attentionto the voltage in case damage of external devices happens. Meanwhile, do notconnect other charging devices to the power port in case short circuit occursinside the flight controller).
Thedefinition of CAN1 port and UART port are as follows:
Does M100 have no-fly zones? Can I cancel the no-fly zone?
M100 has set the airport restriction and other special flight restrictionareas. You can refer to DJI official website for more details of global flightrestriction areas(http://flysafe.dji.com/cn/no-fly). Userscan’t cancel the no-fly zones.
What’s the M100 one key takeoff height
1.5m.
Can we use master and slave remote controllers on M100?
Yes you can.
Can I use App to achieve allInspire 1 functions without using SDK functions?
Yes, except the functions related tothe intelligent landing gear.
Is IMU calibration on Assistant Software the same as Appcalibration?
Same.
What’s the max altitude it canachieve when it’s under Ready to Fly mode?
Max Altitude : 3000m.
What’s the functional difference between Inspire 1 and M100?
Basically the same.However, Compare to Inspire 1, M100 can provide more Expansibility.
For Example:
1.     M100 can equip the extra devices and 1kg load
2.    M100 support the onboardSDK and has extra ports
3.    M100 support dual batteries
4.     Lighter craft body, longer flight time
Which parameter can you adjust through the assistant Software?
Firmware upgrade, SDK setting, etc.
How far will the visual orientation system keep the aircraftaway from the barrier? Can this parameter be changed?
The obstacle avoidance distance could be divided intoperceptive obstacle distance and brake distance.
The GUIDANCE has a formula to calculate the perceptiveobstacle distance according to the current flight speed of the drone.
The max brake distance before hitting an object is 2m and you may adjustthe parameter in the Assistant Software.
What difference (like flight speed) can the obstacle avoidancefunction make?
Before the obstacle avoidance function is on, the flight performance ofM100 stays the same as that of Inspire 1; when this function is on, it canachieve a max flight speed of up to 7m/s and the velocity is adjustable.
Can Guidance be used with otherDJI flight controllers, or a third party controller?
Currently it only supports N1 flight controller.
The dead zone of Guidance
Below the shaded areas are the dead zones of Guidance.

2015-6-15
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

Q. What’s the functional difference between Inspire1 and M100?
A. Basically the same.

Wrong, for very many reasons, M100 does not have retractable landing gear so it will show up in videos as soon as one pans the camera, turning it 180 Degrees to look behind will produce nothing but a out of focus image of the drone internals. M100 does not come with either the gimbal, camera, or required gimbal mounting parts despite the 400$ more price. So just to achieve the ''same'' functionality it costs 3900$ for absolutely no reason at all. In my opinion M100 should be cheaper than Inspire because out of the box it's basically a flying platform....that's it, does nothing. I'm almost suprised you guys don't know your own products.
2015-6-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-17 07:04
A. Basically the same.

Actually you do not understand the purpose for the M100.  It is a development platform for SDK and Universities.  It may also have use for municipalities that need an avoidance system or specialized sensors not available on the Inspire.  What you see now is just the tip of the iceberg.  I agree for the majority of users the Inspire is a much better camera platform and less expensive as well
2015-6-16
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-17 08:09
Actually you do not understand the purpose for the M100.  It is a development platform for SDK and ...

So what is so expensive on the M100 that surpasses the Inspire 1 price even without camera and gimbal
2015-6-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-17 08:44
So what is so expensive on the M100 that surpasses the Inspire 1 price even without camera and gim ...

It has expandability,  Multiple ports.  The new N1 controller and limited runs.  This will never have the numbers that an Inspire or a p3 would have.  That increases the cost.  There is much more to come.  
2015-6-16
Use props
xavierzr
New

Ecuador

If anyone can help.... I want to get a M100 for mapping, does anyone knows if the dji 900z datalink (pc ground station ) is compatible with the M100 and also if
theres no issues with the pilot app.
Thanks
2015-6-29
Use props
CQWong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179137 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

xavierzr Posted at 2015-6-30 05:12
If anyone can help.... I want to get a M100 for mapping, does anyone knows if the dji 900z datalink  ...

It's an open platform. So I guess theoratically you can fuifill any function but you need to programme it first.
2015-6-30
Use props
xavierzr
New

Ecuador

CQWong Posted at 2015-6-30 16:52
It's an open platform. So I guess theoratically you can fuifill any function but you need to progr ...

Thank you, will get into that
2015-6-30
Use props
hhackbarth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

Will the N1 controller be available seperately (e.g. as spare part)?
Will it be open enough to drive other moter sets (e.g. standard E800)?
Will it be open enough to be operated with other batteries?
Is there further documentation about the N1 connectors and options?
Will it be possible to link it to a "standard" Lightbridge ground system or is there a seperate ground system availale to be connected to 3rd party S-Bus remote controls?
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-zongtalk
lvl.1

Hong Kong

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-17 07:04
A. Basically the same.

Basically the same. However, Compare to Inspire 1, M100 can provide more Expansibility.
For Example:
1.        M100 can equip the extra devices and 1kg load
2.        M100 support the onboard SDK and has extra ports
3.        M100 support dual batteries
4.        Lighter craft body, longer flight time

2015-7-24
Use props
ingsiang
New

Brunei

I think you mean the E800 motors and props kit are NOT compatible? Since you said it is custom and there's differences between them. If so, how can I purchase spares?

And also - is dropsafe compatible with M100?

Lastly, why is the master-slave dual remote controllers setup no recommended if it is the same as Inspire 1 and uses the same camera/gimbal setup?
2015-7-28
Use props
mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to know if the Matrice will work with PC Ground Station the same as say the A2 or other craft?

If someone from DJI is reading this, could you explain your roadmap for PC Ground Station and photogrammetry functions in general?

Thanks for your time.
2015-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mark@tgndistrib Posted at 2015-9-3 11:16
I would like to know if the Matrice will work with PC Ground Station the same as say the A2 or othe ...

What I can say for the Inspire and the P3's currently, is that photogrametry will be handled by third parties, not DJI.  The question is on the Matrice and my guess that it will be the same as it is a developmental platform.  The Matrice will not work with the ground station as far as I know as the control is App based.
2015-9-3
Use props
mark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-3 17:03
What I can say for the Inspire and the P3's currently, is that photogrametry will be handled by th ...

Thank you Ed.

This would be a huge bummer, as all forms of mapping require more than simple waypoint flying, which I am sure that is all that will come available on next weeks update. I am not interested in making my own app nor paying for anyone else's. I just want some good mapping functions on what should be  very capable machine.....the Matrice.

It's so strange to me that if you want to fly DJI and do mapping your stuck with using PC Ground Station which has not been updated for several years. Many people are putting on PIXHAWK on S-900 machines because they have better photogrammetry tools available. Please change this for us loyal DJI pilots!
2015-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mark@tgndistrib Posted at 2015-9-3 21:29
Thank you Ed.

This would be a huge bummer, as all forms of mapping require more than simple waypo ...

There are many SDK programs that provide photogrametry at a reasonable price.  DJI is not planning to release a competing products anytime soon.  The cost for many of them is minimal.  They all work with the new App debuting next week.  I am sorry for your disappointment.
2015-9-3
Use props
mark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-3 21:54
There are many SDK programs that provide photogrametry at a reasonable price.  DJI is not planning  ...

Thanks for your reply. But could you link me to or mention the names of these programs your refering too? I know all about DroneDeploy but I am not looking to use the Phantom or the X3 camera. I need it the software to trigger an outside camera at specific waypoints based on the sensor size and machine altitude etc.

I want to at the very least do mapping with an Inspire 1 but would like to see DJI open the SDK to the A2 controller so we could fly their other machines in proper commercial use without the use of outdated and featureless PC Ground Station.
2015-9-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mapsdoneright is one that has gotten some good reviews.  One of our users did 72 acres on one lipo with a P3.  I am not sure if the SDK will be available for the A2.  We will have to wait and see.  Be patient things are coming.
2015-9-7
Use props
mark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-7 18:57
mapsdoneright is one that has gotten some good reviews.  One of our users did 72 acres on one lipo w ...

Thanks for the name but nothing comes up in in a google search and nothing on IOS or google play store. Link please?

2015-9-8
Use props
jantonic
lvl.1

Croatia

If you install N1 video encoder (and attach third party camera on it) and Zenmuse X3 gimbal camera, is there any possibility to have both video links at the same (or switch from one to other) time via DJI Go app?
2015-10-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Some users have posted that a third party has been able to accomplish that.  However, it is not supported by DJI.
2015-10-1
Use props
Landing expert
lvl.1

Croatia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-1 15:27
Some users have posted that a third party has been able to accomplish that.  However, it is not supp ...

Thank you Ed
2015-10-1
Use props
kminju77.naver
New

South Korea

Can I customize the payload?
How much?
Can I change the motor?
2015-10-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AUW 3.4kg.  Not recommended.
2015-10-3
Use props
Petrov Sergey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3050295 ft
Russia

mark@tgndistrib Posted at 2015-9-9 04:27
Thanks for the name but nothing comes up in in a google search and nothing on IOS or google play s ...

take a look https://www.dronesmadeeasy.com/Articles.asp?ID=254copy-paste the link
2015-10-5
Use props
robnsngh
New

United States

Wondering if DJI Matrice 100 has sonar based altitude hold by default or do we need to purchase Guidance to enable sonar based altitude hold ?
2015-10-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

robnsngh Posted at 2015-10-21 11:44
Wondering if DJI Matrice 100 has sonar based altitude hold by default or do we need to purchase Guid ...

The Matrice has no VPS.  You will need the guidance system for that.
2015-10-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

robnsngh Posted at 2015-10-21 11:44
Wondering if DJI Matrice 100 has sonar based altitude hold by default or do we need to purchase Guid ...

The Matrice has no VPS.  You will need the guidance system for that.
2015-10-22
Use props
DroneWerX
lvl.1
United States

Can the N1 flight controller be configured for alternate frame configurations? X8 for example.
2015-12-2
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi
how you install guidance system , on M100 , with zenmuse X3 camera?
tghe part touch and I have front sensor closed by camera
any application?
Thanks
2015-12-17
Use props
noaches232
lvl.1

United States

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-16 18:04
A. Basically the same.

Thank you! The Matrice 100 is a developer tool while the Inspire is a prosumer drone with no room for modifications.
2016-1-30
Use props
rbarbier
New

United Arab Emirates

hello,

if we want to use a 3rd party gimbal with matrice 100 (alexmoss for example)
how do you control the gimbal tilt, roll, pan movements?
can you get out of N1 the pwm outputs or can you get it from UART?
for video I understand that N1 video encoder is used but how to get the remote control stick or buttons assigned and working with a 3rd party gimbal?

2016-2-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DroneWerX Posted at 2015-12-2 14:29
Can the N1 flight controller be configured for alternate frame configurations? X8 for example.

Not in my opinion.
2016-2-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

lucaoms Posted at 2015-12-17 08:48
Hi
how you install guidance system , on M100 , with zenmuse X3 camera?
tghe part touch and I have fr ...

The front, back and side sensors are mounted on the top of the frame.  The downward facing sensor is mounted under the battery tray on the bottom.  There is not interference with the X3 camera.
2016-2-12
Use props
amandaguy1995.g
New

United States

HI,
Is it possible to log data from another sensor on the computer on-board. I want to log some camera trigger data and temperature data.

Also does the SDK / API support dual GPS ? I have a second GPS I want use to get heading data .

Thanks for the help .

Amanda
2016-3-18
Use props
Cyient.Naveen
New

India

Hello everyone,
Can I fly Matrice 100 without a RC or a PC ground station (2.4GHz Bluetooth Datalink). I would like to do a way-point flying using my PC. As the Matrice-100 RC controller operates at 2.4 GHz (Lightbridge), can I setup my RC as a bluetooth datalink ? Please suggest

Thank you,
Naveen

2016-4-27
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
Second Officer
United States

"CanI assemble H4-3d and H3-3d gimbal on M100?
Not completely. M100 uses theInspire 1 gimbal camera. Since the communication protocols are different(Inspire 1 uses the USB link while H4-3D and H3-3D use CAN link), thus theH4-3D and H3-3D will be not perfectly supported."

We have successfully mounted an H4-3D gimbal to the M100 with full control using the onboard SDK. Not easy, but possible.

2016-5-12
Use props
noaches232
lvl.1

United States

Why do these M100s cost so much?? They aren't even as powerful as the I1 V2.0 but costs $1500 more!
2016-5-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>

noaches232 Posted at 2016-5-13 02:07
Why do these M100s cost so much?? They aren't even as powerful as the I1 V2.0 but costs $1500 more!

Because they are developmental models.  They have options that the I1 does not.  Read the specs and you will understand.
2016-5-21
Use props
alvinl
lvl.3

Singapore

If we are to attach Guidance to the M100, does it work out of the box with the DJI Go App to avoid obstacles (like the Phantom 4)? Or does it need further programming?

Thanks!
2016-6-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>

You should calibrate the guidance system through the Guidance Assistant.  Yes it does work out of the box.  The guidance system does show obstacles in its path.
2016-6-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules