LAG after updating to V1.2.6 P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jg18970
lvl.2
United States

So, I have been luck so far.  Through all updates I read everyting and watched all videos and didnt have any problems with updates or flights unitl updating yesterday to 1.2.6 on my P3P.    I updated P3P with no problem, took 14 minutes and recieved "success" in txt. file.  Also updated controller and that took about 2 minutes.  Started everything up and immediately noticed the talked about lag on my iphone (iphone 6 V8.3), have not had this problem before with any of the updates.  Screen on iphne will pan screen from top to bottom, go gray at top, pixelate and then come back.  Have seen posts about issues with Android and Nexus tablets but havent seen anything with an IOS device, any one else?

2015-6-16
Use props
jg18970
lvl.2
United States

Sorry to mention this is going on in the Pilot App
2015-6-16
Use props
JD2092
lvl.3

United States

I am having the exact same problem using iPhone 5S.  I wish i could roll back to the previous firmware version.  If I was experiencing this much lag right out of the box i probably would have returned it.
2015-6-16
Use props
jg18970
lvl.2
United States

JD2092 Posted at 2015-6-17 11:12
I am having the exact same problem using iPhone 5S.  I wish i could roll back to the previous firmwa ...

Was fine before, a lot of people are having same problem after reading posts.  Haven't seen that it affects the flight controls which is good
2015-6-16
Use props
JD2092
lvl.3

United States

DJI said to "enable hardware decoding" in the pilot app.  I haven't tried it yet but it's worth a shot.
2015-6-16
Use props
jg18970
lvl.2
United States

Still have tearing, pixilation going to blank feedback (View), just had a weak image transmission flash on top of app.
2015-6-16
Use props
HintzeBros
New

United States

JD2092 Posted at 2015-6-17 12:36
DJI said to "enable hardware decoding" in the pilot app.  I haven't tried it yet but it's worth a sh ...

DJI also said the same to me. I have tried testing on my desk and the real time video transmission is still choppy and lagging.
2015-6-18
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

All,

we have hot topic related to lag and new FW versions:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-19-1.html

please use this to put pressure on DJI.

thx!
2015-6-18
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

JD2092 Posted at 2015-6-17 11:12
I am having the exact same problem using iPhone 5S.  I wish i could roll back to the previous firmwa ...

After the latest updates I started experiencing serious lags as well, but the lags that drove me crazy was not not the video lag - it's the time between tapping an icon and having the menu react.

After the last few days of reading posts here, I think heat is the overall culprit. Either my mobile device is getting too hot, it's too hot outside or both. I guess we need to build a refrigeration system for our mobile devices!

Someone wrote that they disabled Google Play Services to help make their device run cooler. But I read in the docs to the DJI Ultimate Flight app that the Google Play Service *must* be running.

Maybe it's possible that Google Play Services is the real "heat" culprit, whether it be the Pilot or the Ultimate Flight app. (Now that I think of it - the Ultimate Flight app has been around a while because it was first introduced for a previous version of the Phantom.)

Back to the theoretical drawing board!
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules