Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot

Uninstall the old one manulaly instalkled from the DJI site first to be able to use this one..

You can also get it to install manually from the DJI Website - http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

WHAT'S NEW
Now you can use the DJI Pilot APP with your Phantom 3 Advance/Professional flying platform
Added support for the Matrice 100 flying platform
Create professional Drone Video with “Director” Video Editor
Added center point reference in Camera View
Added option to upgrade the remote controller firmware via the DJI Pilot app
Various bug fixes and optimized performance

2015-6-17
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

The DJI support page still only shows 1.1.0 for the Pilot app.
2015-6-17
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just spotted this myself, thanks for the heads up. Anyone updating? - Adam
2015-6-17
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Is "centre point reference camera mode" POI? - Adam
2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

• More CPU usage
  • a few percent
  • more laggy, more stuttering
  • fpv lag problem not resolved.

2015-6-17
Use props
anjosva
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi guys,

I've noticed that the Live Streaming is already available in this version just need to test it to make sure that is working properly.

You already have the option to set a new home point and you have more options regarding the camera mode (follow, fpv (old ones), free and Camera Forward /Down)

VA
2015-6-17
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

P3A running 1.2.7,  Youtube streaming doesn't seem to work, it's only sending an audio stream (0  kbs for video).
2015-6-17
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

The stuttering is almost certainly due to heat generated on the tablet from the pilot app.  I had to disable Google Play Services in order to get the video to run smoothly on my tablet after the 1.2.6 update.  With either 1.1.0 or 1.2.0.  The new fw is sending more or different data to the pilot app causing it to use more cpu cycles and overheat most android devices.  And probably apple devices as well.
2015-6-17
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Funny thing about the "stuttering"....

I went out to test Ultimate Flight today (for the P3).  1st flight with DJI Pilot 1.1.0,  and stutter as normal (not too bad, but certainly noticable).

Then I landed and closed DJI Pilot, opened up Ultimate Flight, and took off again.

Video was perfect ....     make of that what you will.
2015-6-17
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-18 01:32
Funny thing about the "stuttering"....

I went out to test Ultimate Flight today (for the P3).  1st  ...

apocnz, which firmware are you running?  Thanks!
2015-6-17
Use props
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

Website still shows 1.1.0, playstore shows 1.2.0, seems dynamic home point, live streaming are added feature, and they changed the default battery warning / critical warning levels. Voice prompts added.
Removed custom video transmission settings

Was going to hold off on the 1.2.6 FW update, but dynamic home point might win me over.

2015-6-17
Use props
kudlaty
lvl.1

Poland

Good things:
* voice prompts are working again
* you can set mobile or aircraft current position as a home point (very useful)
* YT streaming added (didn't tested it yet)
* you can turn on battery cell voltage display on main screen (however total battery voltage would be better, I think)

Bad things:
* HD video downlink manual settings are gone; you can no longer set channel and bitrate
* stick expo settings are not updated; whatever value you'll set, it reverts to default 0.40
2015-6-17
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

When the last update was released for the Phantom 3, it was on the DJI web site fir a few days until the Google Play store was updated. Now there is an update on the Google play store (showing a date of 6/17/15) but the DJI web site still has the old version. This sure is no way to run a business and gain customer support and most of all confidence. Considering the negative comments regarding the update on the google site and all the negative comments and issues with the last couple of firmware updates, I'm really hesitant to do anything... including trust in the safety and reliability of the quadcopter. As has been the norm, there is no "official" statements or information being published anywhere. If you read through the forums, you may gain some insight, but what to believe and what not to is impossible to figure out. I have never seen such poor product support from a product in this price range. Unacceptable and extremely poor business ethics.
2015-6-17
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

phinchman Posted at 2015-6-18 01:46
apocnz, which firmware are you running?  Thanks!

I'm running 1.2.7
2015-6-17
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Does anyone know if the app still has the NTSC & PAL setting around the wrong way?
ie NTSC=Pal, and PAL=NTSC.
2015-6-18
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Absolonkort Posted at 2015-6-18 18:32
Does anyone know if the app still has the NTSC & PAL setting around the wrong way?
ie NTSC=Pal, and  ...

Sorry, I haven't seen that in the last three versions of the Pilot app
2015-6-18
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

giant Posted at 2015-6-18 19:09
Sorry, I haven't seen that in the last three versions of the Pilot app

My bad.  I was under the impression that PAL should be running at 60fps/1080p.  The app only offers 50fps on PAL.  NTSC allows 60fps.  I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.
2015-6-18
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I do love the "Various bug fixes and optimized performance" What are they exactly?
2015-6-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Absolonkort Posted at 2015-6-18 19:44
My bad.  I was under the impression that PAL should be running at 60fps/1080p.  The app only offer ...

PAL = 25fps
NTSC = 30fps
2015-6-27
Use props
Clear Skies
lvl.1

South Africa

Anyone have any suggestions on poor live video feed/ recording please? Especially at low altitudes... less than 50m

P3 pro
firmware 1.2.6
app 1.2.0
Samsung Note 10.1

All calibrations done correctly, device not heating up in the least, cached images cleared and sd card formatted. Filmed at 1080p

Was hardly noticeable before app was upgraded
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules