1728 22 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some of you may recall that after crashing my first Inspire, I bought a new one, and just three weeks after receiving it, I had to send it back to DJI for warranty repair as the landing gear inexplicably stopped working.

That was at the end of April.

It took 3 weeks for my Inspire to be checked into DJI's support database, and yesterday, nearly 4 weeks after that check-in, it was finally put into the repair queue. Today, one day later, I was notified that "As a one time courtesy to expedite the repair process your craft has been replaced with a new unit."

While I should be happy they are sending a new unit, I'm instead frustrated that my three week-old Inspire sat in a box in a warehouse for nearly 7 weeks until someone could spend what was probably few minutes deciding to simply replace it with a new one.

Note that I have a P2V+ going through the exact same process right now. It was only 3 months old when the WiFi unit stopped working (no video to mobile device). It's now four weeks into DJI's waiting game.

DJI, please create a separate, expedited logistics process for warranty repairs. They should not go through the same 7-8 week process that non-warranty repairs go through. Warranty issues should take no more than a couple of days. If it is an obvious warranty issue, as my Inspire was, then send a new unit to the customer immediately. Your statement that you are making "a one time courtesy to expedite the repair process" feels neither courteous nor expedited when I had to wait 7 weeks before you even looked at it. Thank you for listening.

2015-6-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Abe, I apologize for your experience.  We are working on our service procedures.  Until we move to our new building it may not improve significantly.
2015-6-17
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate your note, Ed, and also your contribution to the DJI community. You are unquestionably the best ambassador for the company. I hope DJI can indeed improve (by a lot!) its customer service. My conclusion is that the current state of DJI service effectively doubles the true cost of owning a DJI product. I've purchased at least twice as much as necessary to stay in the air during these multiple 6-8 week waits. While that may seem good for DJI, the long term effect is that people like me will go out of our way to not look to DJI for our next aircraft. DJI clearly makes the most consumable UAVs on the market but now that I'm a fully experienced consumer, I realize the cost is far higher than slightly less capable products from others. Hopefully DJI will connect the dots and figure this out because making the best products and providing great service is a killer combination. As Apple, the worlds most valuable company, for example, has figured out.
2015-6-18
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

This makes my stomach ache to know you waited 7 weeks just to be sent a new one.  This could of been done in the first week.  
2015-6-18
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

At least they offered you a new one and not refurbished.

-S.N.
2015-6-18
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-19 02:48
At least they offered you a new one and not refurbished.

-S.N.

Yes, well, they can't reasonably offer a refurbished one to replace a warranty problem on a brand new unit.
2015-6-18
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

A new building is not the answer. A new procedure is in orde. Like letting your distributors repair them or replace them or decide as to weather or not they should be replaced. Surely this is something that can be taught. This model has been around for decades. I am having to wait for a new battery from DJI and they are the ones who told me it was going to be replaced. Did they just send me a new one right away. No, it has to go the other rediculios checkin process. It's a battery. Replace it and be done with it. How hard can it be to identify a box that is not obviously a drone and take care of your customer. So I had to go out and spend another $200 on another batter so I would not be without an extra battery for 6-8 weeks. A larger building is not going to fix this.
2015-6-18
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Abe,

I feel your pain and frustrations.  

I trust and hope you won't have to wait for an additional prolonged period before the new one arrives.

2015-6-18
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-19 06:22
Abe,

I feel your pain and frustrations.  

The new one arrives tomorrow -- thankfully I'm on the same coast as Los Angeles so FedEx only takes two days.  
2015-6-18
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-6-19 04:58
Yes, well, they can't reasonably offer a refurbished one to replace a warranty problem on a brand  ...

Abe-
Wait....did you just say, "reasonably" on this forum?

Sorry, it was a bit of sarcastic jab @ the powers that be...not intended to be serious. Honestly, I'm glad it worked out for you.

Happy and trouble free flying!

Humbly,
-S.N.
2015-6-18
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

houston Posted at 2015-6-19 05:35
A new building is not the answer. A new procedure is in orde. Like letting your distributors repair  ...

Well said-

"Houston...we have a problem." Sorry, buddy, I couldn't help myself.

Hope you are back in the air VERY soon!

-S.N.
2015-6-18
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I flew my new Inspire's maiden voyage last night. It's been gone so long since I had it, and and I've been flying my P3 pro all this time that I forgot how big the Inspire is. It does fly nicely and results in a more cinematic video than the P3.

I also tried out the new circular polarizer from PolarPro. It performed really well. I don't think I'll ever fly without it on clear days or above reflective surfaces.  

And to continue my bad luck around the Inspire, I managed to step on my $500 prescription glasses while preparing the Inspire for flight. I realize I can't really blame DJI for this, but damn! Flying this thing keeps getting more and more expensive :-/
2015-6-20
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-6-21 04:39
I flew my new Inspire's maiden voyage last night. It's been gone so long since I had it, and and I'v ...

congrats Abe, glad to hear your back up have fun flying
2015-6-20
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

houston Posted at 2015-6-19 05:35
A new building is not the answer. A new procedure is in orde. Like letting your distributors repair  ...

Yep, they are gong to get a new building and add more bodies but run the same stupid systems. Wait times are gong to increase due to all the inefficiencies flowing through a larger space and more bodies...
2015-6-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-18 15:20
Abe, I apologize for your experience.  We are working on our service procedures.  Until we move to o ...

Hello Ed,

Could you please send me a PM message.

Thanks

Rich
2015-6-20
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-6-21 04:39
I flew my new Inspire's maiden voyage last night. It's been gone so long since I had it, and and I'v ...

Abe- Great news om the bird...bummer about the glasses.

Perhaps your streak of bad luck has come to an end though. They say it comes in threes so;
1. Unit crashes
2. Long wait period to get it back
3. Toasting a $500 pair of glasses

If this is the case, from here on out should be smooth sailing, sir!

Post them vids!

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Man, I just cringe at the sheer time scales we're talking about.  We should not be giving advice to the incumbent on basic service management best practice.
2015-6-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-6-21 13:45
Hello Ed,

Could you please send me a PM message.

You will have to email me at edward.windham@dji.com.
2015-6-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-21 23:35
You will have to email me at .

Thanks Ed, sent you a message.
2015-6-21
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-21 19:59
Abe- Great news om the bird...bummer about the glasses.

Perhaps your streak of bad luck has come ...

Sky Ninja, I must have passed the three bad luck episodes because I brought my glasses to the optometrist and they will replace them, including the prescription lenses, at no charge under a 2-year warranty. I'll have new ones in 10 days. Take note DJI -- that's how it's done!
2015-6-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-6-22 01:00
Thanks Ed, sent you a message.

Replied to your message.
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-6-22 02:14
Sky Ninja, I must have passed the three bad luck episodes because I brought my glasses to the opto ...

Abe- Glad to hear your pain has ended, sir.

Now, let's see some vids!

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Finally got my Inspire back from Germany after five weeks. Test flight all ok. And my free set of props arrived from my dealer as well!
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules