P3P....pink lines on DNG files
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SaltyDog
New

United States

sooo my P3P DNG files have pink lines through them.  Not all of them, just some. As to why, I cannot seem to figure out. Have tested with 3 different card types (all formatted in camera) and have the same results with each.  Opening using PS5 & LR4 (adobe on Mac) with no avail.  Have tested with drone on stable surface, in air, handheld and with different gimbal settings and the results are not consistent to diagnose the problem.  Sensor issue compounded with gimbal? All video files have zero issues.  ALL systems are operating with newest firmware. Any help is appreciated.

example01

example01

example02

example02
2015-6-20
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Did you try to take photo's with the original memory card, freshly formatted and installed?
2015-6-20
Use props
SaltyDog
New

United States

giant Posted at 2015-6-20 21:47
Did you try to take photo's with the original memory card, freshly formatted and installed?

yes. multiple times. no difference. Some images do not have the pink lines, but majority does. Should note that the pink lines are not always in the same position as they are in the 2 examples I posted.
2015-6-20
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Hmm, looks like write error to me. Or your drone is defect, that's another possibility...
How is it when you take pictures with the drone on the ground?
2015-6-20
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

giant Posted at 2015-6-20 23:59
Hmm, looks like write error to me. Or your drone is defect, that's another possibility...
How is it  ...

Search for a thread I started a short while ago on the exact same issue.

Totally resolved now by buying the fastest SD card you can, as it's a 'write' issue.

Cheers,

Nick
2015-6-20
Use props
SaltyDog
New

United States

So here are my results thus far.  If using the supplied card or any other micro SD speedclass 10 I have pink lines.  This happens whether it is stationary (on the ground), in flight, handheld, and with different gimbal & camera settings.  DNG files off the card WILL have the pink lines. Not all of them, just some. There is no rhyme or reason to which ones have them or not. ie. stationary, in flight, handheld, etc...

Opened files Adobe DNG Converter (ver6.7) and outputted through the application....will yield results WITHOUT the pink lines. PHEW! (FYI: must use the original files on card in DNG Converter).  

Just to be sure I just purchased a new SanDisk Extreme PLUS U3-32GB card. If that doesn't do the trick, it won't be a 'write' issue. Will report results after testing.  I don't believe drone is a defect. Did not have this issue it prior to the firmware updates upon first using. Also, ALL other photo/video features are functioning properly.
2015-6-22
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

SaltyDog Posted at 2015-6-22 20:59
So here are my results thus far.  If using the supplied card or any other micro SD speedclass 10 I h ...

It'll be the card, mark my words.

My first card was a Sandisk Extreme 32GB.. then problem disappeared once I swapped it out for the new PNY 64GB elite card.

Nick
2015-6-22
Use props
SaltyDog
New

United States

Hate to say it, but it is NOT the card. Bummed, to say the least. Ran tests last night on the new UHS3 card and had no luck! Brand new card, formatted in camera.

@Nick Martin - your PNY card is actually slower according to quick research online, (not intentionally putting down or denouncing your intellect) then my Sandisk Extreme PLUS.  Your card is a class 10, but only a UHS rating of 1. My Sandisk is rated at a UHS3 speed so read/write is the fastest available for 'conservative' money and recommended for handling 4K video.

Here is a link for anyone that is looking for more comprehension on SD cards. (literature applies to micro SD as well)
SD Card Tests & Data Info
SD Association

All video features functioned properly along with images settings (ISO, shutter)

So my final conclusion could be corrupt software (chances very slim) or firmware issue.  Did not have this issue when the drone first arrived and tested. (original firmware)

Anyways, if anyone does have this problem this is my solution that worked for me:

Pull up your DNG files in a finder window FROM THE CARD.

Open Adobe DNG Converter, and run the process from the files ON THE CARD to a new folder designated where you like.  

Locate new exported files from DNG Converter and proceed to open files in LR, PS, or your application of preference. New processed files will NOT have any pink lines and still have the 'info' as the original files just slightly smaller in terms on file size.

Hope this can help anyone out there that may have this issue. Will eventually try to reinstall PS and LR for eliminate the potential for corrupted software.  Thanks for your help/feedback everyone!
2015-6-23
Use props
LaurentEgli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78097 ft
Switzerland

SaltyDog Posted at 2015-6-23 07:11
Hate to say it, but it is NOT the card. Bummed, to say the least. Ran tests last night on the new UHS3 card and had no luck! Brand new card, formatted in camera.

@Nick Martin - your PNY card is actually slower according to quick research online, (not intentionally putting down or denouncing your intellect) then my Sandisk Extreme PLUS.  Your card is a class 10, but only a UHS rating of 1. My Sandisk is rated at a UHS3 speed so read/write is the fastest available for 'conservative' money and recommended for handling 4K video.

I have the exact same problem.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules