VOTE: Anyone noticing significant range decrease after 1.2.8 firmware update?
4614 19 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JamesYao
lvl.1

China

I heard that a lot of people in China lost video signals at about 1000ft after the newest firmware update(1.2.8). Does anyone in this forum also having the same problem? Althought there's no fact that all the incidents are all related to the new firmware, I believe it's possible that DJI has throttled the power output of the Lightbridge system. Please share your experience with the P3 after 1.2.8 update here. It's best if you can reply us with your situation in detail after you vote, thanks.

Single SelectVote, Total 80 people participate in voting View Poll participants
87.50% (70)
12.50% (10)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-6-20
Use props
contact
lvl.1

United States

I've also gotten a few video black outs for 1-2secs
2015-6-20
Use props
sb2bb
lvl.1
United States

Just last night hovering at about 20 feet and 20 feet away from me I lost transmission and all video. I could still control the phantom so I landed....hmmmm hard to trust this when flying at a distance and you don't know when it will happen.
2015-6-20
Use props
raulex22
lvl.2

Mexico

A lot of black outs on p3a last firmware, calibrations, update ios app, etc
2015-6-20
Use props
ahmetkaragoz
lvl.1

Turkey

sb2bb Posted at 2015-6-21 03:04
Just last night hovering at about 20 feet and 20 feet away from me I lost transmission and all video ...

Just had the same thing after the update. I also dont trust my phantom anymore. I regret with the updating my device so much.
2015-6-20
Use props
Poppa
lvl.1
Sweden

I'm still on firmware 1.8 and i have the same problem (video black outs for 1-2secs). My problems started when I updated the pilot app to version 1.2.0 I'm running Android and will try and install back to the old pilot app, although I then do not get to hear the pleasant copilot voice.
2015-6-20
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

My range is still well over a mile but I get warnings at about 2000 ft. But still haven't lost video.
2015-6-20
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I lost my range also what next
2015-6-20
Use props
Wallerius
lvl.1

Sweden

I lose the video link when it just flies 15-20meter from me ... and I've unstable and weak contact on all channels !!

Before the upgrade, it was no problem

Does anyone have any tips to help me ??
2015-6-21
Use props
gregor1230
lvl.1
Poland

Same here loosing video link after 30-45 m and low fps on mobile during flight.
2015-6-22
Use props
mudmask
New

Hong Kong

I regret to update the firmware.
I just bought my P3P last week actually. It was the first time I flew my P3P last week.
The video links was awfully unstable, blinking, blurred... I did not know where was the P3P going from iphone screen.
Fortunately, RTH was still working, it sent me back my P3P.

I just read many posts there were no response from DJI, and many of them reported "lost control".
I even dare not to fly it until there is another "reliable" firmware update.

2015-6-23
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Did anyone try to re-install the firmware after having problems with it?

I just spoke to a german support guy that said that it should be okay, but that sometimes you get errors in the firmware even when it SEEMS to have gone well.

He said you should download it again just to make sure, then completely wipe the SD card, no folders or files can be on there, and then copy the firmware on it and update it again.

I havent done it yet, mine is still at 1.1.9 and I dont see an urgent reason to try it yet....esp with all the horror stories.

Theoretically, if that still doesnt work, it would mean there are different hardware versions of the Phantom 3...

Hope this can help anyone, please let me know!
2015-6-23
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Same here
2015-6-24
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Is this a hand full of people or is this a bigger problem?
2015-6-27
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

Just got a new P3 yesterday and updated to lates FW.
Will test and let you guys know.
2015-6-27
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

I have the latest firmware and went 2.12 miles. Went about 600 feet further compared to the old firmware so I'm not noticing a difference.
2015-6-27
Use props
rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571690 ft
United Kingdom

I went from being able to do 5 mile round trips with my P3A to barely getting a quarter of the distance without signal problems and loss after I updated the firmware. No way I hell am I upgrading my pro from 1.1.19 anytime soon, if dji are throttling it and force upgrades with it throttled I will give up flying phantoms
2015-6-28
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3, selects video channels automatically it used to have 32 channels to select from in FW1.19. Then in the newer firmware the channels were reduced to 8, this made video range a lot less in some areas due to limited channel selection.
2015-8-4
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I'm losing video transmission too, appears to happen when the drone is only a few metres aways!
2016-5-31
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

Is there some internal or externally driven conspiracy to limit it's use?
Are govts invloved?

Are secret anti drone society/undeground groups infaltrating the drone companies?

As new drones are coming out, their range and performance is diminished??  

That's against scientific principles and nature?
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules