Samsung Galaxy Tab A (system update to 5.0.2) and DJI Pilot 1.2
5550 23 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

So I do realize my device is not on the current approved list, but it has worked fine up untill my tablet decided to update to Android 5.0.2.  I am having issues with the screen just completely freezing then restarting a few minutes later after completly closing out the app and restarting it.  Sometimes it does this on its own, sometimes I have to completly end the app.  I did not have this problem before a few days ago before the tablet did a system update to 5.0.2.

Another thing I noticed this morning, I was trying to throw a few clips together with Director and after putting my clips in order and choosing next, the app just completely freezes and shuts down and nothing is saved.

Has anyone else seen or experienced this since an android system update to 5.0.2 and or have any suggestions or work arounds, besides an approved device?
2015-6-28
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Did you try removing and reinstalling the Pilot App?  I have a Tab A as my backup tablet, and it works fine with 5.0.2.
2015-6-28
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
United States

Starship Posted at 2015-6-28 22:42
Did you try removing and reinstalling the Pilot App?  I have a Tab A as my backup tablet, and it wor ...

I will try that before I fly again and report back.  Thanks for the simp,e reminder to try that.
2015-6-28
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
United States

Starship Posted at 2015-6-28 22:42
Did you try removing and reinstalling the Pilot App?  I have a Tab A as my backup tablet, and it wor ...

I set my tablet back to factory, made sure it was updated, reinstalled the app and it is still doing it.  Video freezes then app restarts in flight, director let's you get as far as watching preview then app restarts when you try to save and loses it all.  
2015-6-29
Use props
paul.webtints
lvl.2

France

busclas Posted at 2015-6-30 08:46
I set my tablet back to factory, made sure it was updated, reinstalled the app and it is still doi ...

Wonder if you can help as DJI have been hopeless, just telling me the device is not on the approved list!  I purchased Phantom 3 Pro last week and also a Samsung Tab A, when I go to install the app I get error 502, when I asked DJI's livechat support they said they did not know what the error meant. I told them it was installed with Lollypop but didn't know the version number.  I then asked them when they were going to fix the App so it would install on this tablet and then got disconnected, they then disconnected me every time I tried again to talk to them.  I got the hello this is Timmy or whoever and enter your question and they just disconnected the session.
Since then I have found that the device actually comes instlled with version 5.0.2 and it also did a load of updates when it started.  All I get when I run the install is "not installed error 502" so clearly the softwre is checking version number too much of a coincidence that the error number comes from anywhere else.

So this morning i reset the tablet and started it again and did not connect to wifi.  I then via the SD Card tried to install the 1.2 version of DJI Pilot and now get just unable to install but it does seem to go further but fails.

I can't find the previous version of Pilot as I was going to see if that installs but can't find it anywhere.

So I can either take the TAB back, but I don't really want to it's lighter than the Air and slightly smaller, but the main reason is I DO NOT WANT an Apple product, I don't agree with their marketing or the way the limit connectivity with their own versions.

So anyone have any ideas?
2015-7-27
Use props
walkowiak.macie
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same on my Tab S 10.5. Only helps hard reset my tablet. Now i use app from march and now it works fine.
2015-7-27
Use props
paul.webtints
lvl.2

France

walkowiak.macie Posted at 2015-7-28 06:23
I have the same on my Tab S 10.5. Only helps hard reset my tablet. Now i use app from march and now  ...

Tried the hard reset but only the error message changed still did not install. Spent another hour with online support and got no where except they are going to release another version soon, but no matter how hard I tried or how many times I asked I got no better answer and neither would he find out or ask.

The support is really pathetic, and there appear to be 100's of users complaining on the net.
2015-7-28
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

Downgrading to firmware 1.1.8 seems to help with lagging devices, like the Samsung.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-23263-5-1.html
2015-7-30
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293976 ft
Poland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-7-31 12:37
Downgrading to firmware 1.1.8 seems to help with lagging devices, like the Samsung.
http://forum.dji ...

Bad advice, it does not help. You have no idea what you're saying.
2015-7-31
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

The general opinion  I get from in store geeks is don't use samsungs lollipop to many issues across the board
2015-8-3
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

where these store geeks at the apple store?
2015-8-5
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

lb11778 Posted at 2015-8-6 06:39
where these store geeks at the apple store?

02 and car phones warehouse etc the main issue was over heating running lolipop
2015-8-10
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
United States

well any phone will over heat  especially since they all have passive cooling. It all depends on what the outside temp is and what you are running in the back ground. I use a S4 and encountered a few issues with my phone over heating but it was 85 f  out and I forgot to close all my apps. Since then I will close everything down open up the DJI app and put the phone in airplane mode.
2015-8-13
Use props
vampcas
lvl.1

St Vincent and Grenadines

lb11778 Posted at 2015-8-13 22:44
well any phone will over heat  especially since they all have passive cooling. It all depends on wha ...

i have a dji phantom 2 what the best dji pilot to use for my galaxy tab 2

2015-8-21
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
United States

vampcas Posted at 2015-8-22 08:06
i have a dji phantom 2 what the best dji pilot to use for my galaxy tab 2

Just make sure you at least have the lasted software. I wouldn't go and older that 2 generations from the recommended devices due the software needing a lot of ram and cpu.
From the FAQ
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/faq
The DJI Pilot app is only compatible with devices running iOS 8.0 or later or Android v4.1.2 or later.
The following devices are recommended:
iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3 , Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
Support for additional Android devices will become available as testing and development continues.
2015-8-22
Use props
bbold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4367 ft

United States

I agree about apple and their  tactics
2015-8-23
Use props
vampcas
lvl.1

Barbados

so can i update to this iso thing can iam talking about the software for my galaxy tab 2 and can you give me link how to update my galaxy tabs please help soonest thanks you.
2015-9-28
Use props
Fbttyuw
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-1
Use props
arlacnickerson7
New

United States

I had the same problem with my Galaxy S7 and now it was fixed. First backup Galaxy phone. Then do a factory reset. Afer this, the device goes back to normal and works great for now. Hope this helps.
2016-6-6
Use props
menisopeterly
New

United States

I have a same problem. i have tried resetting and wiping user data etc. but nothing is working. it keeps going into boot loop post this upgrade that was pushed down. If your data on Samsung was deleted or lost , you can try Mobiledic Android data recovery to scan and recover data from Samsung, maybe it works.
2016-7-29
Use props
afcdmei
New

United States

Why not rooting phone device ,it this way ,you'll be able to update any new app on the phone , and you'll have more control over phone device than before , like me ;, i already root LG G5 in recently ,up to now ,my telephone without any problem , after ganing root access on the phone device , i am able to install new phone operation ,i need to worry any more due to the software promised to prevent the phone device from harm ,you can have a look at this guide,
2016-11-2
Use props
Kamsserty
New

Singapore

If you get a Samsung data recovery program . you don't have to worry about the data loss from Samsung ,
which can restore Samsung data for you , also . it including Data Manager , your phone data or files will be managemented  with this tool ,

2017-5-16
Use props
Eamerty
New

Japan

The data should be returned early to avoid the data being overwritte
2017-9-12
Use props
smalling123
New

Hong Kong

The problem is really hard to solve, maybe you can do a factory reset of your phone, but you need to remember a thing to do firstly, make a backup files of your phone in the Cloud account or computer folder.
Then, you can restore the data after factory reset.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules