Crooked landing gear problem!
1532 6 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caleb.hauff
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
This is my first post, so I hope I do this right. My problem is that my inspire 1's landing gear on the left side is slowly shifting outwards making the aircraft propellers crooked. I was curious if anyone else has run into this issue. The Inspire 1 has never been crashed or tampered with, it just seems like something in the way it was constructed is shifting causing the problem, but i cant quite figure it out. I'd rather not send it in and have to wait 2 months for a repair so I thought i'd check here and see if its happened to anyone else. I've attached some images for reference. [url=]Picture[/url]
0625151153.jpg
0625151153a.jpg
0625151154.jpg
2015-6-28
Use props
Rony
lvl.1

China

just my suggestion:adjust the small stick length.make sure it fits well as it was.
2015-6-28
Use props
Rony
lvl.1

China

the small struts are used to keep the motor(propeller) horizontal.check it out.
2015-6-28
Use props
caleb.hauff
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the suggestion! From what i remember the struts are glued in... is there another way to adjust them safely?
2015-6-29
Use props
ddulworth
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem after a hard landing.  The fitting that attaches the small diameter landing gear strut to the large horizontal tube is held in place with a single screw (same size as all the other screws).  You will have to peel back the "Void" label to get access to it.  I bought my I1 used, so not sure if have any warranty anyway.
2015-7-6
Use props
caleb.hauff
lvl.1

United States

Hey Thanks, That did the trick!
2015-7-9
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

caleb.hauff@gma Posted at 2015-7-9 23:21
Hey Thanks, That did the trick!

Was the screw loose?  Did you void your warranty?
2015-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules