orbit feature, cable cam, follow me, send to point features
4784 28 2015-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sasinke
lvl.2

Israel

Why does the solo app has all of these functions and we dont have it on the phantom3 app?

when will we have orbit feature, cable cam, follow me, send to point features?

does someone know when will we get these basic features???

thanks

2015-6-29
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-29
Use props
sasinke
lvl.2

Israel

patersonward.ho Posted at 2015-6-30 10:39
3DR Solo has these features, but no one has actually received their units yet, so it remains to be s ...

my friend got his solo.

he says it's works and it's amazing!
2015-6-29
Use props
owen
lvl.1

United States

This app seems to have it all, testing is in beta for the p3. doesn't have great reviews... but seems to work

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ogearhk.visionpilot
2015-6-30
Use props
bedkopen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1120623 ft
Netherlands

sasinke@hotmail Posted at 2015-6-30 13:35
my friend got his solo.

he says it's works and it's amazing!

Patience is beautiful , but result is better.

I think DJI should be hurry up with orbit, cable cam, folow me and POI, if DJI don't want be overtaken by other multicopter manufactture brands.

I have regret selling my P2V+ and buying my P3P because I thought beside some improvements also get more functionality like orbit, cable cam, folow me and POI (immediately or pretty soon later). I find it disappointing

Waiting untill!!!!!!!
2015-7-7
Use props
itsxtony
lvl.2

United States

I bought my phantom 3 thinking it would have all of these nice features. I am kinda sad it didn't but over all the phantom 3 is an impressive piece of machine.
2015-7-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Don't hold your breath.  When we ordered our Inspire in November of 2014, "Ground Station" which offered waypoints, orbit, etc., was "due out soon."  Today there is no sign that it will ever be released by DJI and now third party companies are talking about implementing some of the features.  The problem is that if a third party app crashes your aircraft into the side of a mountain DJI will not replace it (and all 3rd party apps will come with liability disclaimers).

So you're safer to assume that whatever software comes with your aircraft is all you will ever get, and anything you receive thereafter is a nice surprise.  Otherwise you will spend a lot of your time disappointed.

As to DJI losing market share to 3DR - it will take that actually happening before DJI changes its behavior.  As long as they think they own the market we'll continue to see this.
2015-7-14
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Eventually everything gets broken in, look at cars, tvs, cellphones and more, now new models all get released with the same options as the next manufacturer..  Same thing will happen here with dji and our copters...  And once it does the one that will thrive and be successful is the company with the best support, warranty, and all the features they gave us and how happy we were in the beginning..  
2015-7-18
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

WARNING: This App is only compatible with DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ / Vision.
2015-7-22
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-7-14 19:26
Don't hold your breath.  When we ordered our Inspire in November of 2014, "Ground Station" which off ...

You are right.  Still nothing for the Inspire, third party promises. Seems there is no support coming for SDK, without that there is no App. that can be made. I see on the Inspire forum's problems with there firmware updates also.  Seems to be problems across the board all over. Still waiting (with worms in my mouth) baited breath. The P3p is a nice machine but.... with new competition blowing it out of the water with working features I am starting to think I might have made an error in judgment. I have over 5 grand invested in DJI but if the features are not there and not forth coming then there is no brand loyalty to speak of.
2015-7-22
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Come on, people... How is it possible to talk about the spectacular camera features offered by 3DR, in comparrison with long awaited promised feature of Inspire, without getting your facts straight ?
Are you aware that at this moment there is not even a single 3DR gimbal delivered worldwide ? Zero.
The last "promise" made by 3DR yesterday on their youtube channel was  "release of the gimbal imminent, around next week."
Hello ?! When was Solo released ?
What's the point of having orbit mode, follow, sefie and whatever other spectacular camera feature if I don't have image STABILIZATION ?
Have you ckecked the footage captured by Solo users online ?
Embarassing, even Phantom 1 did a better job.
And even if you compare the image quality in their last official video in Malta, it's still far away from Inspire, as quality and features.
You may say "well, Solo is intented as a competitor for Phantom, not Inspire"
I beg to differ.
Solo is 1000 dollars, without camera, without gimbal.
The full package will cost you almost 2000 dollars.
For what ? selfie & orbit ? Jesus Christ, give me a thousand dollars and I will orbit your aircraft for you, all day long. I will follow you, do the cable cam dance, whatever, just give me that extra cash, so I can buy a Ronin M
Do I have to mention how much is a ready to fly & shoot solution like Phantom 3 ?
At this price Solo is competing with Inspire, not Phantom 3, although its features are addresed to Phantom users.

"DJI didn't offer me those promosed features, very unprofessional , look at 3DR, they are doing a great job..."
Seriously ? We were able to fly & shoot from day one.
There have been problems ? Yes, they were. App missing, proppelers problems, firmware issues.
But the point is simple.
Each Inspire 1 user had the chance to do an amazing aerial filming from day one. Out of the box.
And day by day problems were solved.
GS missing ? Have a little bit of faith, it will arrive sooner or later, they said it very clear lately, they're working on it.
Handheld mount the same, follow/focus mode maybe later this year.

Bottom line,  in my opinion these people at DJI deserve a little bit more trust and patience, as since the beggining of this year there were a lot of improvements made, for our benefit, and for me is very clear that in those DJI labs someone is working hard to solve our problems.
Loyalty to a brand is not just taking money out of your wallet. Being reasonable and offering a little bit of trust is equally important as your financial investment in your favourite brand.
Just my two cents opinion, if you don't like let it orbit

2015-7-22
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

TBH, I want all of those features as well but not before they are tested and "ready" for real world use. Do not want to have my bird fly away due to bad SW or FW.
I'll wait it out or buy the 3rd party app if it is ready before DJI release their update.
2015-8-2
Use props
lasuncion
lvl.2

Guam

I want all those features as well. Hope DJI put them all together on the Pilot App.
2015-8-2
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557552 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

such apps already exist - if 3rd party developers are able to compile apps with those futures i think DJI should do as well.
2015-8-3
Use props
smallercopter
New
Flight distance : 831952 ft
New Zealand

itsxtony Posted at 2015-7-14 06:59
I bought my phantom 3 thinking it would have all of these nice features. I am kinda sad it didn't bu ...

you could learn to fly these features. It comes with practise, follow me is illegal here but orbit is super easy once you practise.
2015-8-4
Use props
duketate
lvl.1
United States

smallercopter@g Posted at 2015-8-5 08:44
you could learn to fly these features. It comes with practise, follow me is illegal here but orbit ...

Not really that easy to do a proper orbit by hand - almost impossible. You can do it, but it will never look good due to the fact that RC controls do not have fine tuning.
2015-8-5
Use props
Tom Sanderson
lvl.1

United States

mani Posted at 2015-7-23 01:17
Come on, people... How is it possible to talk about the spectacular camera features offered by 3DR,  ...

Mani, I have to agree with you on this, although I think we're clearly in the minority opinion.  First let me say that I'm not defending DJI.  My issue with them is they shouldn't promise these features are imminent and then not say a word about the status.  However, I just don't see orbit, cable line, and whatever else, as major deals.  Learn how to do them yourself!  Actually go out and practice your butt off and become a better pilot.  Yes, I realize there are some things that you might not be able to pull off perfectly but you can come close.  AND, I think there's a much greater sense of accomplishment by pulling off these moves on your own as opposed to a piece of software doing it for you.  Just my humble opinion.
2015-8-5
Use props
gomezphotograph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157671 ft
  • >>>
United States

In my opinion I think DJI has enough issues to deal with. If they release these features in the app there will be a lot more crashes or flyways that they will have to deal with. They're having a difficult time dealing with the issues at hand.
2015-8-5
Use props
riley.chase.cro
lvl.2

United States

just learn how to fly it manually.. its more fun that way anyways!
2015-8-5
Use props
palomagolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73763 ft
United States

Autopliot has all these features and you can get the beta version. It works great.
2015-8-5
Use props
HolyDJ
New
Kuwait

"orbit feature, cable cam, follow me" are needed. DJI, you must look into that since competitors are already doing it.
2015-8-5
Use props
leehayward
New

United Kingdom

Yes so do I dji!!
2015-8-6
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

And these featuress will come:
https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/628898525779079172
2015-8-6
Use props
ddomit
lvl.1
Mexico

Any one using DJI GO app? Its supposed to have waypoints, orbit and follow features as you can see on their video . Is it true?
2015-8-21
Use props
radius
lvl.2

United States

ddomit@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-22 10:55
Any one using DJI GO app? Its supposed to have waypoints, orbit and follow features as you can see o ...

"Is it true?"
no it's not... yet...
2015-8-24
Use props
ddomit
lvl.1
Mexico

ANY NEWS DJI??? Comments? Something
2015-8-27
Use props
Serafin
lvl.1

United States

DJI repeatedly falsely advertises features with a "coming soon" response when you call them on it. I think we should get a group and file a class action to get their attention and make them stop doing this in the future. The website still shows Follow Me, Orbit and Waypoints as current packaged features. Nonsense.
2015-8-31
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

I would not get too concerned about these additional features and that people need them.  I am not even sure if everyone will use them regularly to justify them or are will they be just a gimmick for most.

I have enough problems trying to understand why certain pilots do what they do with the features they already have and then wonder why they crashed etc...  I have grave concerns about how pilots will use these features considering the vast distances that some pilots are covering well out of VLOS.  Will some program the Phantom to fly a route and then go make a cup of tea while the Phantom does its thing?  How will this tech fit into all the different World Aviation Authority rules and regulations.  Are we going to see Phantoms zooming across of Sky line to POI locations to 360 around it and will the wardens of such establishments being picking up Phantoms that have crashed into each other whilst their pilots are having their cup of tea.  Responsible photographers/flyers will stick with the rules, but with current public perception they way it is and the antics some of the irresponsible pilots get up too, I just wonder if they are actually a good idea currently.
As a pilot who would use these features for the purposes intended, I would love to have them, but not just sure if all pilots feel the same.
2015-9-1
Use props
marceloextreme
lvl.1

Brazil

Finally. September 7th
2015-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules