P3 Firmware 1.2.6 / 1.2.8 problems and Issues confirmed by DJI???
12Next >
8792 40 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a Google Translate from the Chinese DJI forum.. It was posted by an user called Landlord - http://bbs.dji.com/thread-16464-1-1.html - Might be an interesting read for those having issues. Point 1 is interesting..

Translate
Phantom 3 1.2.6/1.2.8 Firmware Update Issues and Resolutions

At DJI we are dedicated to creating the world’s most advanced flying platforms and camera stabilization systems. This dedication extends to ourdesire to provide quality products that meet and exceed the needs of our customers.

Recently however, we have had reports of a number of issues arising from our latest firmware upgrade, specifically upgrading from 1.1.9 to 1.2.8 onthe Phantom 3 Advanced and from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6 on the Phantom 3 Professional. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and we are pleased to say that after extensive research and over 1000 flights, resolutions are now available. We would also like to extend a special thanks to users who reported the problems to us and assisted us as we worked on fixes.

If you have experienced any issues with your Phantom 3 Advanced or Phantom 3 Professional, please see below. If your issue is not below please let us know and we will work to resolve it as soon as we can.

1. Non-visual live feed image, i.e. a blank screen that appears instead of a camera feed.

Reason: Certain chip pins on the SD card are not connecting properly tothe circuit causing the camera to start up abnormally, making the screen turn black.
Solution: Remove the SD card and re-install it tightly.
Further solution: The camera startup process is being refined to take into account possible connectivity issues with the SD card. If necessary, DJI will repair affected units as quickly as possible.

2. Increased lag and screen flicker.

Reason: The DJI Pilot app is extremely complex, causing it to place highdemands on your mobile device’s processor and power consumption. This is especially true of three functions.
a) Live feed, location map and Flight Route Recording all draw on processing power.
b) When activated, the Video Editor automatically transcodes your live feed and creates your video in real time using your phone’s processor
c) When the remote controller is connected to an iOS device, your iOS device will specifically use a Central Processing Unit (CPU) core to deal with data authentication computation.
All of these functions increase the power consumption of your mobile device, in turn causing its temperature to increase. Most devices will lower processing speed when a temperature threshold is reached, slowing down the app causing lag and flicker.

Suggested solution:
a) Activate hardware decoding on your mobile device in the DJI Pilot app to reduce demands on your mobile device’s CPU.
b) Choose a lower code rate under Image Transmission Quality assmaller files decode more efficiently.
c) Shut down any unused application programs, or activate “Flight Mode”
d) Keep your mobile device in a cool place whenever possible and keep it out of direct sunlight when flying outdoors.

Further solution:
We will continue to optimize the DJI Pilot app, increasing computation efficiency and lowering power consumption to ensure that it always runs smoothly

3. Flickering screen and/or a blank screen during flying.

Reason: When the Phantom is flying at an extended distance, the angle of the antennas is essential to maintain a strong signal.
Solution: Refer to the user manual and adjust the antenna angle.

We would also like to take this chance to share some good news with everyone. Many users have suggested that we provide more versions of the firmware so you can choose which one to use. This is something that we have taken on board, and we are delighted to announce that we will be making that happen as soon as dedicated engineers assess the best possible way to make this available.

In the future, there will be two versions of the firmware for you to choose from, the previous version and the new one. This means if for any reason you are not satisfied with the latest firmware you can revert back to the previous one.

We are constantly working to ensure that our customers are satisfied and will continue to optimize our products and provide the best service we can. If you have raised a problem about your Phantom 3 on the forum and it still has not been resolved, please contact our dedicated customer service team and provide as much detail as possible about your issue. They will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you for your sincere understanding.

DJI

2015-6-30
Use props
Philliplloyd20
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

Good find, was there a mention of possible firmware roll back? misinterpretation on my behalf probably! Glad dji have acknowledged the issues.
2015-7-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Philliplloyd20 Posted at 2015-7-1 18:04
Good find, was there a mention of possible firmware roll back? misinterpretation on my behalf probab ...

Think it says they will release 1.1.9 but as version 1.2.9 to maintain visioning.
2015-7-1
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

All LAG problems comes with 1.1.9............. they must work over 1.1.8. not 1.1.9.
2015-7-1
Use props
gnemie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374678 ft
United Kingdom

thats great
2015-7-1
Use props
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

So 1.2.9 is actually a downgrade to 1.1.9, hmm not sure if this will fix SD card issues mentioned in point 1, as this seems an assembly issue to me.
2015-7-1
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I never remove my sd card , should help with the contacts ..  
2015-7-1
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

Well that explains a lot. Thanks for posting it here Splooge, too bad DJI didn't post this here themselves so that us customers in the West knew they are working on solutions to our problems and not ignoring us.
2015-7-1
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Down near the bottom of your list - "...increase the SDK support..."

Saw some info yesterday about Ultimate Flight. The author of that app wrote (I guess one could say it was a blog) about some of the problems they have encountered in writing/developing the app. One of them was the observation that they've had several instances of a "fix" that broke something that had already been fixed.

Growing pains - or worse?
2015-7-1
Use props
lasuncion
lvl.2

Guam

yes, they should rollback to 1.1.8 and not to 1.1.9
2015-7-1
Use props
norman.nha
New

United States

Caton, scraper?  somebody translate.   thousands of sorties testing!   i suppose they are counting the people who bought the P3 and installed the update.  ie the paying beta testers.
2015-7-1
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm glad I waited and stayed on 1.1.9 now. Phew!
2015-7-1
Use props
rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571690 ft
United Kingdom

Absolonkort Posted at 2015-7-1 21:55
I'm glad I waited and stayed on 1.1.9 now. Phew!

my pro is still on 1.1.9 also
2015-7-1
Use props
collinma21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482684 ft
United States

Are you having lag issues with 1.1.9?  I am running DJI Pilot 1.20, firmware 1.28 on my Samsung S6 edge (recently factory reset so it ONLY has the DJI Pilot APK) and it starts to lag by 5+ seconds after 10 minutes of use...which was better than 5 minutes of use before the factory reset.  I am buying an Nvidia Shield Tablet in hopes that using it solely for the DJI Pilot APK will provide a temporary fix.
2015-7-1
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

ben_m16 Posted at 2015-7-1 18:49
All LAG problems comes with 1.1.9............. they must work over 1.1.8. not 1.1.9.

Yes, the 1.1.8 was the best of all firmware versions.
2015-7-1
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Kotaix 1 Posted at 2015-7-1 23:15
Yes, the 1.1.8 was the best of all firmware versions.

What did it update over 1.1.6?
2015-7-1
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

So they admit:

1. SD card sockets are defective on some drones.  This can cause the drone to black out mid flight.

2. The version 1.2.6 - 1.2.8 added features that increase processor load that can cause the mobile device to overheat mid flight.

3. DJI is planning to release a rollback strategy.  (Thank you.)

But they don't seem to mention the issue with the VPS.  The VPS is completely broken in 1.2.6 - 1.2.8  What about the VPS issue?
2015-7-1
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-1 23:42
So they admit:

1. SD card sockets are defective on some drones.  This can cause the drone to black  ...

I have to agree with Fulgerite.   VPS (and other issues!) remain - they are not telling the whole story.
2015-7-1
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not entirely sure whether this particular rollback strategy is a strategy or a bodge. Long term though its good news they're developing a proper rollback function.

Also this would I assume remove the lens correction they added in 1.2.6 so its anyone's guess if the lens profile now in Lightroom 2015 CC should be applied or not.

Lets hope it brings with it reliable VPS functionality and that they address that problem in 1.3.0!
2015-7-1
Use props
TonyMF
lvl.2

Canada

lasuncion Posted at 2015-7-1 20:53
yes, they should rollback to 1.1.8 and not to 1.1.9

My thoughts exactly
2015-7-1
Use props
TonyMF
lvl.2

Canada

Anyone that wants 1.1.8 as the previous firmware should speak up soon and I think it won't hurt to contact support with a simple polite email regarding this.

I've started a poll here about it, would like to see who else agrees: http://forum.dji.com/thread-23206-1-1.html
2015-7-1
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

phinchman Posted at 2015-7-2 00:21
I have to agree with Fulgerite.   VPS (and other issues!) remain - they are not telling the whole  ...

My VPS worked on 1.1.9. I am guessing a rollback to then will fix it.
2015-7-1
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

I think a rollback to 1.1.8 would also be the best. I had the least issues on the firmware and it was by far the most stable
2015-7-1
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Thanks Sploodge for the update - appreciated. It would be nice if they provided such updates for their English speaking customers.

Good find

Cheers.
2015-7-1
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed, please chime in on this development and elaborate on what we can be expecting and when.

Thanks

I also translated the link in the first post in this thread via google translator and viewed the entire thread and found that "We are not alone."
2015-7-1
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

When? I'm grounded until the rollback.
2015-7-1
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'm worried about the SD card holder pins. If they're defective or break over time, the P3 won't have a long lifetime, and we'll all end up needing to send them back for repairs.

I'm not sure how they managed to screw up something like that, either. That's elementary stuff...
2015-7-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

The announcement is released now.
2015-7-2
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI just caught up to Sploodge  ... hehe ...

2015-7-2
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

collinma21@gmai Posted at 2015-7-1 22:43
Are you having lag issues with 1.1.9?  I am running DJI Pilot 1.20, firmware 1.28 on my Samsung S6 e ...

Out of interest, have you tried putting the Phone into Flight Mode before flying?
2015-7-2
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

CapitAn Posted at 2015-7-1 23:22
What did it update over 1.1.6?

My P3P had the 1.1.8 when I bought it.
2015-7-2
Use props
highlanderstudi
lvl.1

United States

Why am I apparently the only person whose UAV is working with 1.2.6?
2015-7-6
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

highlanderstudi Posted at 2015-7-7 07:06

You're not the only one! I wonder what they're going to be modifying in the "new" firmware....
2015-7-6
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

rob@devgamers.n Posted at 2015-7-1 22:29
my pro is still on 1.1.9 also

Me too

It has glitches too - like the camera booting (if that is what is going on) once in a while. But overall, 1.1.9 works well. Can't speak of the later versions yet - will wait a bit for DJI to get things sorted.

Hopefully DJI will then add a comprehensive CHANGELOG that will tell us why we might benefit from upgrading (from 1.1.9 etc.).
2015-7-6
Use props
Videolester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466624 ft
Canada

highlanderstudi Posted at 2015-7-7 07:06

My P3P flies just FINE on 1.2.6 !!!
2015-7-7
Use props
highlanderstudi
lvl.1

United States

Same here guys.....except when I forget to take the lil "remove before flight" foam block on my gimbal LOL
2015-7-8
Use props
Jorovi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21102 ft
United States

My new P3P and RC are on firmware 1.1.9. Due to the multiple issues reported by other users as to the new firmware 1.2.6 I am very hesitant to upload and possibly wind up destroying my new drone. Consequently I intend on continuing using firmware 1.1.9 until DJI can get their act together. Meantime when I powered up my P3P, RC and DJI Pilot software v 1.2.0 It reflected a warning that the RC, Camera, and copter required an update. QUESTION: Can I ignore the warning and continue using the true and tested firmware 1.1.9???

2015-7-11
Use props
katarinaconnors
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

i own two P3ps and with 1.2.6 one is now blind with no video and the other is just crazy and inconsistent.. Why no replacement for 1.2.6???? I have no idea if and when i will see firmware. Why are we in the dark? With no help.. Not being able to reload or backup is rediculous... For me these are not toys but tools and owning a room full of DJI products i feel betrayed and abused.
2015-7-26
Use props
katarinaconnors
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Why no current posts in the last couple of weeks... Am i missing something.. Almost six weeks since 1.2.6 released.. And no news.. .?
2015-7-26
Use props
katarinaconnors
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

At least fix the header, rename  so we can reload 1.8.  It worked great!  I waited for machines, then batteries then got taken out by bad firmware??  Anyone got an idea.. Please help... Got jobs to do. I dont know if i have hardware  issues or just a bad load?? It went from dark video to stuttering and then no video.. Tried different pads, setting and even pre chilling in the fridge but now no video at all??? DJI please help.
2015-7-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules