22372 234 2015-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robrogkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293976 ft
Poland

sunsurfh2o@yaho Posted at 2015-7-30 04:36
Which 3 rd part app are you using to play with orbit feature in SDK?

Litchi, but for the moment it is an alfa version and is working on android only , but really with great potential!
2015-7-29
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Poland

As in the coming 2 weeks I’m going to be much less in this site and as I consider that the file that I have shared with you is working well enough, I authorize all of you who received and checked the file, to share it with people who really need it. I would only like to ask you that you always make sure that the person who is going to use it, is aware of the fact that he or she is using an unofficial file.

Before that, I didn’t want it to be generally available because I wasn’t sure if it could cause any harm or not.
Now, it’s almost sure that the file is harmless.
Almost everyone who used it, noticed that the stability of flight improved. I’m really glad I could help.
Yes, I can say that my mission has been completed.

Let’s hope that the next official firmware released by DJI won’t force us to take such action.
I would like to thank everyone who has checked this file, especially everyone who has shared his/her opinion in this thread.

Best regards,
R.
2015-7-29
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Poland

pbreid Posted at 2015-7-30 06:11
Hi,

Any chance someone would send me a copy of the service bin file also?. I really want to downgr ...

I sent you the file, but unfortunately for your problem it will not help, sorry.
2015-7-29
Use props
tcchow.g.m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9647812 ft
Hong Kong

sunsurfh2o@yaho Posted at 2015-7-30 04:36
Which 3 rd part app are you using to play with orbit feature in SDK?

DSI . It only had Andorid at the moment, if you need it send me an request tcchow.g.m@gmail.com
2015-7-29
Use props
hsestes.hotmail
New
Flight distance : 2307195 ft
United States

Hello robrogkr (or someone).
Please can you sent me the file for the Phantom 3 pro. I have problems with VPS and v1.26
email :  hsestes@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance !

Also, where can we get the older version of the Pilot App?   Can it be downgraded from the Apple store ( or can you use the current version)?
2015-7-29
Use props
renomen
New
Flight distance : 28438 ft
Canada

RobrogKr can you please send me the file? renomen@gmail.com? thanks in advance I added you to friends
2015-7-29
Use props
astanatv
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Does not work with P3P
2015-7-29
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

Done. Not needed anymore. Have a nice day :-)
2015-7-29
Use props
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

OK. I'm in. I have a P3P and need to downgrade to 1.1.9. I have the 1.1.9 bin but need the service file. Could someone please send it to me? Pretty Please? (Deleted Address) Many thanks and thank you to robrogkr for his effort and making this possible.
2015-7-29
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

2015-7-30
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

2015-7-30
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

robrogkr Posted at 2015-7-30 06:14
Terrifying flight.
You were really lucky.
I can only present my hypotheses.

Hi,

Never had an issue like this before. All the software (.bin files) and text files removed from the card. I agree it is very unlikely it was due to the software downgrade, for the simple fact the 1.1.9 it is running is a legitimate download from DJI, the actual firmware hasn't been altered in anyway, just the ability to install it.
As I mentioned after a reset and a compass calibration it was rock solid in a fairly strong wind, and has been for 3 flights since.
2015-7-30
Use props
miturnbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1902585 ft
United States

miturnbo Posted at 2015-7-29 23:29
Hi robrogkr.  I have a file gs_ofdm.bin and am wondering if that is the service .bin file you are  ...

This downgrade of the firmware worked!!  Now I will say I had some problems with it working in the beginning and I reached out to robrogkr who was kind enough to assist.

Turns out that this file needs to be on a "clean" SD card.  Meaning that if the firmware check sees in the logs that it has been upgraded to the latest then it will fail the upgrade to 1.1.8 or 1.1.9.  The check apparently "will" check those files.

Once I formatted the SD card from Windows and placed the .bin file on to allow me to go back, then replaced that with the 1.1.9 it was flawless.

Now.. I can tell you that I definitely noticed on 1.2.8 there was a VPS issue.  On 1.1.9 I certainly noticed that issue was resolved.  I was hopeful that I would see greater video distance on 1.1.9 but it simply wasn't so.  The drastically cut video channels has really impacted the video distance.  This is a pilot app issue, not a firmware issue.

Mostly, though I have better confidence due to the lowered firmware version.  1.2.8 did not instill confidence.  In fact it sucked the wind out of it.  If you are having problems that may be a firmware issue, I highly recommend doing this.
2015-7-30
Use props
evolution.weddi
lvl.1

Brazil

Can someone send me this file and the link for p3p files?

Please forward me the service bin file at paravideo@gmail. com

Thanks
2015-7-30
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

2015-7-30
Use props
nightrider1383
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331923 ft
United States

Where is DJI on this topic? I thought they said it wasn't possible. What a slap and middle finger to DJI. Even though I don't need to downgrade,I'm not having any issues, so far, everyone should give many thanks to robrogkr for the time and effort into this project. Good work
2015-7-30
Use props
ronnil
New

Sweden

Hi.
I have also problems with my P3P after the FW upgrade to 1.2.6. And my bird is very unstable in the air.
It drops altitude and VPS is not working properly so I will go back to FW 1.1.9 as it was when I'm bougth it.

Many thanks to robrogkr.
Thank you very much and fly carefully!
2015-7-30
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

O.K. - anybody having succesfully

2015-7-30
Use props
astanatv
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Not working with P3P. I have this message. I formated SD card, put that service bin file and nothing happened

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin

========== 2015.06.27 16:16:02 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
2015-7-30
Use props
michael.hvr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

astanatv Posted at 2015-7-31 01:31
Not working with P3P. I have this message. I formated SD card, put that service bin file and nothing ...

Did you un-zip it?
2015-7-30
Use props
astanatv
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Yes of course. I tried two service bin files from two persons. Still nothing. P3P sound was dddd and later d--dd but nothing happened. I have this message.

========== 2015.06.27 16:16:02 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

2015-7-30
Use props
amstaff_loyalty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546752 ft
Sweden

I need the files to P3A, for Scientific purposes of course.

foto@aeroumea.se
2015-7-30
Use props
craig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7083858 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could someone please send me the files.  I'm desperately trying to NOT send my unit back to DJI.  That would equal a lot of downtime that I can't charge back to them!  (Wouldn't that be nice though.  Time is money and their wasting mine.)

I'm at:  fast13@gmail.com

Thank you!  
2015-7-30
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

poster deleted post
2015-7-30
Use props
missy13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
  • >>>
United States

bigbenny98 Posted at 2015-7-27 22:55
robrogkr,
Did I manage to send you a friend request? I tried to. How can I receive the .bin file? Th ...

Good evening from California.  Would you please send me the .bin service file for P3P.  I thank you in advance.  I have upgrade files for 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.  This is a PM request.

All the Best

Missy13
2015-7-30
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

It works with P3P. I am back to 1.1.9. Thanks. I will update this thread after flying.
2015-7-30
Use props
missy13
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

missy13 Posted at 2015-7-31 08:26
Good evening from California.  Would you please send me the .bin service file for P3P.  I thank yo ...

Not received, friend.......try email:  jg@jg1300.com
Please send service file and 1.1.1.8 - not sure the copy I have is any good.

Thanks

Missy13
2015-7-31
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2043307 ft
  • >>>
France

Deleted, thanks
2015-7-31
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Poland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-7-31 12:32
This seems to help. So, if you are desperate enough to flash the service bin from DJi... just do it. ...

As there are people who send a direct link to the file, I would only like to announce that I don’t authorize any of these links, so please don’t put those links in my thread.
It’s more reasonable to ask any person from this site who has checked this file and confirmed that with his/her opinion, rather than downloading it from an unsafe source.
As it’s easy to change this file and in that way change your P3 into brick, I decided to warn you in this way.
Of course, it’s up to you what you are going to do with it.
2015-7-31
Use props
missy13
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

robrogkr Posted at 2015-7-30 06:14
Terrifying flight.
You were really lucky.
I can only present my hypotheses.

To: robrogkr

I was able to get the MVOM0Fw file and that does work after a fashion.  I thought you were using a bin editor and selectively editing the installed firmware..............that's the file I would really like to have.  Can you communicate directly to jg@jg1300.com ??  Am I mistaken about the .bin aditor?

Thanks,

Reggie (Missy)........sunny California
2015-7-31
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

robrogkr Posted at 2015-8-1 05:25
As there are people who send a direct link to the file, I would only like to announce that I don’ ...

It is not necessary, that you authorize that, because the bin was not created by you and is by now widely available throughout the internet. (e.g. I got the file from a German forum and not from you). So, everybody is aware, that you are not responsible for any damage - you simply were one of the first (even the first one?) who made it public, that this service file might be used to downgrade and made A LOT of ppl happy.

The service file is freely distributed by DJi in case of firmware problems. Without any warnings at all. The firmware of the P3P checks for file corruptions and will stop the update renaming the [size=16.2946872711182px]MVOM0Fw.bin to MVOM0Fw.bin_damaged if there should be any problems with the file.

[size=16.2946872711182px]I think the risk of spreading around personal emailaddress - as it is done right now - is simply madness. PPL would never do that under normal circumstances and that shows how desperate a lot of guys are. Some haven't been able to fly their bird for weeks AT ALL!! I don't know, why DJi doesn't help those ppl, by e.g. releasing a downgrade script. It would simply suffice to make a sticky thread with the MVOM0Fw.bin and a short description. And maybe a warning: If you do it, you will lose your warranty (or something like that). It is the same situation as the rooting discussion with Android or Apple.

So anybody having GRAVE firmware problems with 1.2.6, simply use the file above as a last resort, or if the admins choose to delete it, simply Google for MVOM0Fw.bin
And you do it at your own risk, because whoever owns a P3P, is consicered a grownup person. As simple as that :-)

So again: Thanks robrogkr for spreading this useful information! May your life be blessed and your karma be pure!
:-)

2015-7-31
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Poland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-8-1 14:04
It is not necessary, that you authorize that, because the bin was not created by you and is by now  ...

You are really wrong about many things.
-        the file name is like address – in order to get into particular P3 modules. If you don’t believe in it, try to change the file name without changing its content – to see if it’s working.  So the name and the content of the file are two different things. Finding file with the same name doesn’t mean anything.

-        this file won’t influence, in any way, possible problems with sending the video, because it simply doesn’t work on this part of firmware. My previous entry was caused by the fact that you had informed people on other sites, writing that they could find a solution in my thread, and this is not true. I believe that if someone doesn’t know something then such person shouldn’t forward such information as a solution.

But big thanks for the nice wishes
And thanks for deleting your post in which yesterday you asked for the file.

Now, my last public message in this place to everyone.

Soon there should be 2 available files (one for P3A and the second one for P3P) allowing to restore P3 to the factory version ready for programming with any firmware to all P3 elements.
I hope that the new version of the official firmware DJI will be finally good and there will be no need to use it, however I don’t stop looking for a solution in case it’s not like that.
All people from my friends list who acted fairly and shared their opinions about the file received from me, will be informed in PM.

It was my last information in this place, even though the contact with me is still possible in PM or by e-mail.

Best regards and I wish everyone safe and high flights 

2015-7-31
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

robrogkr Posted at 2015-8-1 15:35
You are really wrong about many things.
-        the file name is like address – in order to ...

Ah, sorry to contradict you, but it is you, who is wrong on so many things.
I tried to get the mysterious file you claim to somehow magically having brought into this world via this forum. But it failed, because no one sent me one. So I started a Google-Search and found the file in a german forum, in which some guy (not me) had uploaded it to google drive. He claims to have received it from the DJi-Support to repair a bad installation. I downloaded it and shortly after that deleted my postings, because I didn't want my Email to become public, plus I was finally in posession of that file.
Shortly after I found another guy in this forum, who had uploaded the file (to dropbox), he had received directly from you.Ii downloaded that as well and compared those two and they had the same MD5. So, they are the same. Same name, same size, same content!
I don't know, why you think you own this file and why you are entitled to decide who may pass on the file in what way. I simply think, that a lot of people suffer unnecessarily from a bad firmware and I do not see ANY reason to not provide them directly with this file.
So in short: I never got the file from you and I never agreed to this strange NDA you are imposing. I found the file on the internet and it seems to help people, so I will not keep it private. If the file was really created by someone who does not allow to share it and if this persion can prove the ownership, I will immediately delete the file. Otherwise the file is open source as I see it.
I really cannot understand your reasoning, why it is O.K. to send it via Email and why not to simply make it available for download as any other normal non-magical firmware. Anyway - I hope the file will help many, many people to return to a firmware, that will make the P3P to what it once was: a relieable and good tool to record awesome footage!

BTW: I read in another forum, that the file works both the P3P AND the P3A, but I cannot confirm that from my own experience. Did anybody test that already?
2015-8-1
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Romania

Ah, and one more thing:
It really hurts me, how people having problems with 1.2.8. are laughed at and ridiculed in this forum. If your firmware works great, be thankful. But don't think, that those who are not that lucky are stupid morones who simply are too dumb to fly!
So please - have compassion for the less fortunate ones and show them some respect. I myself have one of the 1.2.8's that drift, do not keep height via VPS and have a terrible lagging. And I DO need this drone for professional work desperately!
I will wait another week and if the problem is not solved by then, I will send back the drone to Amazon and will start to order one P3P after another, until I have a perfectly flying bird again. It would be so much easyier if DJi would simply release a working solution - but they don't...
Yesterday a guy from another  forum sent me a PM in which he stated, that it is NOT worthwhile waiting for the next firmware, because it is "simply shit" (as he put it). I hope he is not right.
I am abroad atm, but as soon as I return, I will try to downgrade to 1.1.9, clear the firmware and upgrade to 1.2.8 and see if things got better. There is a rumour, that the only flaw of 1.2.8 is that it doesn't do a clean install and that all problems derive from that.
I will post my results, but maybe someone else will try that earlier ;-)
2015-8-1
Use props
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

I think we all owe robrogkr a big "Thanks" for his efforts in this endeavor. I have successfully downgraded my firmware on my P3P to 1.1.9 and plan on test flying this weekend. I agree with dirk.liesenfeld completely. We should have some compassion and understanding for fellow fliers who may not be as adept with file manipulation or flying abilities. We all have different skill levels and at any time have asked questions that seem more obvious to more veteran pilots. We're all in this together! Thanks to all those that have helped me.
2015-8-1
Use props
nobr3ga
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110833 ft

Austria

Hi "robrogkr",

Can you please add me as your friend, so we can exchange a couple of PM's?

Thank you.
Regards,

Ricardo
2015-8-1
Use props
nome-nai
lvl.1

United States

Help how to downgrade my p3p
2015-8-1
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

robrogkr Can you please add me as a friend? I do not see how to do this. I really need this for my P3P.
2015-8-2
Use props
sigwameister.gm
New

Taiwan

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-8-2 23:33
robrogkr Can you please add me as a friend? I do not see how to do this. I really need this for my P ...

RobrogKr can you please send me the file? sigwameister@gmail.com? thanks in advance I added you to friends  BTW, I have P3 pro on 1.1.9 now
2015-8-2
Use props
sigwameister.gm
New

Taiwan

sigwameister.gm Posted at 2015-8-3 10:33
RobrogKr can you please send me the file? ? thanks in advance I added you to friends  BTW, I have  ...

RobrogKr, thanks!  I will give it try.
2015-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules