E310 brake settings
2184 7 2015-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I bought the E310 propulsion system and installed it on my F550 with naza-m v2 as the flight controller but I'm not seeing how to adjust the motors braking. In fact the braking feature isn't even active.  My p3 has these same motors and within the pilot app you can adjust how hard the braking is and you can clearly tell the the braking system is active when flying closer by.  You can hear the speed of the motors rapidly changing.  On my E310 system with naza-m on my f550 you can tell there isn't any braking happening at anytime. So can someone from dji shed some light on this topic for me please?   Thank you
2015-7-9
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Do I need to select locking hubs in the assistant program for the esc's to enable braking? But the e310 system don't come with any type of prop with a locking hub.  There is nothing in the manual that states anything about it either..  I am running lightbridge on my f550 so will there be a lightbridge app that will allow u ou to change settings in naza and all the other accessories plugged into the can bus?  Lightbridge and it's app should be totally able to detect what's on the craft and give appropriate settings..  more seemless integration would be nice for us to use all dji products on our copters.  Basically with naza, gimble, and what not most of the settings if not all of them in the p3's pilot app would apply to my f550 with naza-m v2 and h3-3d gimble.  Gain settings, home settings, gimble settings..  it's all there..  I would love the pilot app to work with lightbridge on my f550..  I think it's totally possible too since I'm using naza and the h3-3d gimble and stuff...  let's make this happen dji, and breath new life into lightbridge and naza.. naza even has ground station capabilities..   this stuff can do so much more than dji is allowing it to do..
2015-7-9
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Anyone out there?
2015-8-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-7-10 09:28
Do I need to select locking hubs in the assistant program for the esc's to enable braking? But the e ...

Be patient.  You will be rewarded.
2015-8-26
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

lol..  Thanks for the reply..  I love rewards
2015-9-9
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

So we got a new firmware update for the E310 propulsion system and I'm still not seeing motor brake settings nor am I noticing it when flying or landing. The motors still spin down freely just like my E300 propulsion system. You can now use the esc's with all there 3 and 4 cell motors now but one of the main reasons for buying this system was it was suppose to have active braking which is still advertised on the website and it's suppose to be more efficient but I haven't noticed any difference in flight time. Significantly or insignificantly...  Can someone from dji chime in here and help me understand what it is I could be doing wrong here?

Thank you in advance
2015-10-22
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Anyone?  Mr Tahoe Ed? How do we get the E300's active braking setup?  I notice it big time on my p3 but there is no active breaking on the E310 propulsion system I installed on my F550 with naza-m v2..  The props still spin down naturally after landing and I don't hear the sudden rpm changes I should be if active braking was working properly.  There are no brake settings in the E310's assistant software nor naza's assistant software.  This is the main reason I bought the E310 system over the E305 do I really want it to work.  I would figure there should be gain settings for active braking like there is on my p3..  How false could it work on different frames?  

I would really appreciate an answer from a dji rep...  Thank you
2015-11-6
Use props
nuggetz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571 ft
United States

Bump. Just installed the E310 motor and ESCs and I dont see an option in the DJI assistant software to enable/disable active braking.
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules