Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Solution For Dropping Signal in Pilot App
932 2 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jguay64
lvl.1

United States

I've had the problem of constantly loosing signal with the Pilot app and the drone camera, connection with the remote to the drone worked with no problem, I would fly a very short distance away from me and the signal would in some cases be lost. I tried a new USB cable for my iPhone 6 plus with no change in the symptoms, still inconsistent signal.

So last night I had a brainstorm, I went into my iphone settings and turned on Airplane Mode (kind of funny in a way), this would turn off all external interference with the iPhone, the phone then plugged into the remote as required. And to my surprise I had absolutely no problem with loss signal etc. I fly my P3 over a half mile away from where I was standing with perfect communications the whole time.

Anyone having these problems should try turning on Airplane Mode. -----> don't forget to turn it off when you are done flying!

Let me know how it works for anyone who tries this and it helps.

2015-7-16
Use props
stephen.asbury

United States

I did the same on my P3A a while back when my longest flight was only 1200 feet, now I'm able to reach 2800 feet in airplane mode on my iPad mini 2.  The only issue I have is that my maps won't cache.
2015-7-16
Use props
jguay64
lvl.1

United States

Outside of the maps won't cache you have no problems with communication and seeing everything well. I've even noticed that there is no lag in the live feed as I did see that before. I wonder if just turning off WiFi and Blue Tooth would work as well. Going to try that, maybe that will help in the case of the maps not caching.
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules