Travel Case for S900/S1000
3953 7 2014-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenk
lvl.1

Turkey

There are not many options out there.
Please share your travel cases photos and specs.

Pelican 0370 with foam seems to do the job but the prices are bitter.

Lets see what everyone is doing when it comes to transport your copters.

Cheers
2014-11-27
Use props
mostey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

If you want to save money keep the original packaging and use that. No extra baggage fees either.  Only takes 15 minutes to build in hotel. Flight test then go to work.
2014-11-28
Use props
wilkia61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just paid a fortune for a bespoke foam fitment for the S900 to fit into a Pelicase 0370 rather than use the "pick out foam cube" solution supplied, which is not good.

It is designed to fit:  (a) 2 x Futaba Flight Controllers; (b) 2 x 7" Monitors; (c) 3 x 16,000mAh batteries prefitted to battery trays; (d) antennae; and (e) spare slots for all other gubbins.

It looks like an elegant solution.  Holds the legs and camera gimbal firmly in place!

I have now been told by Pelicase that I now own the design rights to this, and that future production will be a lot cheaper depending on how many are made.  (I am waiting for their quote for 1 - 5, 5 - 10, 20 etc)

I may pass the design on to Heliguy to utilise in the UK (for a small fee of course to recoup some costs).

Also happy to discuss passing to users abroad should they feel they could use the product.
2015-11-5
Use props
wilkia61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

IMAGES

wilkia61 Posted at 2015-11-5 17:14
I have just paid a fortune for a bespoke foam fitment for the S900 to fit into a Pelicase 0370 rathe ...

Here are the images
image002.png
image003.png
image004.png
image005.png
2015-11-30
Use props
Eltmiester
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,
Looks a great layout. So this would fit an S1000+ ? Would you mind letting me know how much this would be?
Thank you
Paul
2015-12-17
Use props
wilkia61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Eltmiester Posted at 2015-12-18 06:44
Hi,
Looks a great layout. So this would fit an S1000+ ? Would you mind letting me know how much this would be?
Thank you

Just under a grand as all bespoke.
2016-12-25
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

We went with this one:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12279

It was a bit hard to swallow the really expensive ones (at least right now). The case is awesome and with the customizable foam I've got everything (charger, spare parts, etc) in there, minus batteries (although they would fit if we wanted to store them in there). The only down side to this case is we are removing the arms and legs...so not a great "throw it in and go" option. We only use it for long distance travel.
2017-1-27
Use props
C.G.
New

Austria

I have also used the original Box, made it a little stonger outside (with "Glas gewebe Band") ...inside I mad a form out of plastic, after fintunig the form, i made the inlets (of the box) out of a rubber kind material, but thats just my "perfection tick"...;-)  
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules