new to phantom2
1571 10 2014-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

OK, I have a couple questions: 1, when my + gimbal dies and I'm sure it will, can I convert to a different gimbal? And I want to get the casings (only housings) for my transmitter and WiFi extender. Don't ask why,lol. Is the dj6 controller the same housing wise as the 5.8ghz just that it is on 2.4ghz?
2014-9-21
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Hi,
The 2.4 controller has the same housing as the 5.8 one, except that the 2.4 one also has a gimbal tilt switch on the back. I couldn't find any other difference.
There are many aftermarket Chinese Gimbals out there but I prefer the H3 3D as it has given me no problems so far. As for the Vision Plus, you can change its gimbal and camera too but then you would have to make sure the altered video feed is at 2.4 and not at 5.8 so it doesn't interfere with the RC's 5.8 wifi. Good luck.
2014-9-21
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Pakistan

Hi,
The 2.4 controller has the same housing as the 5.8 one, except that the 2.4 one also has a gimbal tilt switch on the back. I couldn't find any other difference.
There are many aftermarket Chinese Gimbals out there but I prefer the H3 3D as it has given me no problems so far. As for the Vision Plus, you can change its gimbal and camera too but then you would have to make sure the altered video feed is at 2.4 and not at 5.8 so it doesn't interfere with the RC's 5.8 wifi. Good luck.
2014-9-21
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Pakistan

My apologies for the double posting, could'nt find a way to delete one.
2014-9-21
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

No problem. I could swear I've seen a gimbal listed on rcgroups that will connect to a vision plus allowing you to control a go pro hero3 black through the existing fpv components using an interface cable into the USB port in the go pro.
2014-9-21
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

I'm researching replacements for the V+ gimbal!
2014-9-23
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

Have seen a couple ideas but neither look very sleek.
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I have seen that video where you can switch out the Vision + camera to the gopro.
And I don't think it is on the market yet. They were still in the design mode.
If it were to come out, I will be getting one.
2014-9-26
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-27 04:57
I have seen that video where you can switch out the Vision + camera to the gopro.
And I don't think ...

If I understand this, you mean it will allow us to replace the Vision+ camera with a GoPro (and new gimbal) but keep the FPV and Vision App? That would be great. Count me in!
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Yes Sir, I'll see if I can find it.

2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre ... i-phantom-2-vision/