P3P Replacement Shell....Finally!!!!
3495 20 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bozer7797
New

United States

After crashing my P3P into a tree in the mountains and searching for what seemed to be an eternity to locate my Phantom in some of the most challenging terrain known to man, I was elated to find my drone, but horribly let down to see the condition in which it was. One motor broken off, with bottom of motor mount attached to it (broken shell). Luckily however, everything was functional other than that. After hours of searching and some help from this forum, I was able to locate a website that was offering replacement shells. To my dismay, everything was on back order status.

I went ahead and placed the order. This was the beginning of June. Today is July 30 and I was like a kid on Christmas to find a package in the mail this morning that contained a replacement. 2 months of waiting!!!! That'll teach me to be careless again!

Needless to say, I am now going to attemp a total rebuild of my P3P. I will keep you all updated to my progress and try to post some photos and videos. Any advice from someone that has done this would be greatly appreciated! Wish me luck!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-7-30
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where did you order it from?
2015-7-30
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replacement P3 shells are  available here:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012HXD1...linkId=EJ2YIEA74K6EJZOE
eBay: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-192...kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-30
Use props
lvl.4

United States

Why are you pointing out an 89 dollar shell?  Most every place is 59.  How is that phantom help?

Call advexure
https://www.advexure.com/store/d ... ment-shell-part-30/

Back in stock tomorrow
2015-7-30
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

1111, most every place who has them in stock is not selling for $59. No worries though... it's a new item and the price will eventually come down everywhere when they are super easy to find.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
2015-7-30
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Here are a few less expensive sellers that have stock now too:

Drones Made Easy: https://www.dronesmadeeasy.com/Phantom-3-Shell-p/p3_shell_sp_30.htm
Drones Etc: http://dronesetc.com/products/phantom-2-vision-shell?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=3472640449&gclid=CK_sgeGshMcCFceQHwodOO8I_A

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-7-30
Use props
lvl.4

United States

I'm sorry.  Thanks for your support.  I just hate to see places take advantage by charging more
2015-7-30
Use props
bozer7797
New

United States

I ordered mine from flying-hobby.com
2015-7-30
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

I wonder why DJI Doesn't have this on their site? They have the body for $680 but not just the shell.
2015-7-31
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Why you don't ask DJI for warranty Exchange?
2015-7-31
Use props
jdbell2004
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305289 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following this.  I got my shell on Monday.  I'm interested to see how to handle the LED boards as they're plastic welded in place.  Make sure to do a how-to write up!  I'm also worried about damaging the new shell just getting the dang thing apart!
2015-7-31
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

why would I put same frame on which WILL crack again? Unless there clear redesign to handle stress this is a bandaid.
2015-7-31
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-8-1 01:29
why would I put same frame on which WILL crack again? Unless there clear redesign to handle stress t ...

OP flew it into a tree. Of course it's likely to crack again.

Also, if DJI figured out a bad run of shells....or overtightened bolts, then they likely fixed it already.

I'm going to buy a shell although I doubt I will ever need it. Still, it's nice to have spares sitting around.
2015-7-31
Use props
jdbell2004
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305289 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any update on this?  I'd love some insight on replacing the shell.
2015-8-6
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

jdbell2004 Posted at 2015-8-1 00:41
Following this.  I got my shell on Monday.  I'm interested to see how to handle the LED boards as th ...

Trim the top of the posts with an exacto knife, then gently pry up on the led's. They will come off. When you install them into the new shell, dab a little silicon onto the top of the new posts to hold them in place.

added note: be sure to check the cardboard support box under the shell. There should be an extra set of landing gear there, as well as a full set of screws. Some people have thrown away the support box believing it to be empty, as it is so light. Check it first!
2015-8-6
Use props
jdee_01902
lvl.1

United States

headkumquat Posted at 2015-8-7 05:28
Trim the top of the posts with an exacto knife, then gently pry up on the led's. They will come of ...

Advice is much appreciated! Going to replace my shell in the next couple of days and was wondering about those LED's! Also, once the tabs on the shell are located, the shell is actually quite easy to open!
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-7-31 21:01
Why you don't ask DJI for warranty Exchange?

whats DJI warranty got to do with him crashing in to trees?
2015-8-18
Use props
french
New
Flight distance : 108484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just found this post while in the middle of replacing the shell on my P3P.  I was concerned about the LEDs as well, so I'll try what you mentioned.  Is there anything with the GPS that I should be concerned about?  What is it stuck on with or what should I use to attach it to the new shell?  Any other issues you run into?  Thanks
2015-8-19
Use props
french
New
Flight distance : 108484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I successfully installed the new upper and lower shell on my P3P.  I didn't realize the GPS had 4 small screws holding it in.  The sticky "antenna" easily transferred to the new upper shell.
2015-8-19
Use props
can.ahtam
New

United States

how did you guys manage to get this new spare shell apart? it is like a puzzle box! please help.

2015-10-1
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules