Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
VAT - Wrong calculation and missing VAT Number information
2117 3 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
contact.chromat
New

Belgium

Hello,

1. It seems that your web site business logic does not calculate the VAT correctly. From the Luxembourg sotre and when selecting a DJI Inspire 1, the VAT amount is 479.85 for a total amount including VAT of 3199.

But to get the price without VAT you need to divide 3199 / 1.17 and you get 2734,18 without VAT so a VAT of 464,81 euros.

2. On the left side you do not allow professional user registered as company to specify their VAT number... it should be the case ! Why ? Because the product are imported form China and the Europeran regulation specify that you should charge the price without VAT ! So 2734,18 Euros and not 3199 euros. In this case the customes will the be only one authorized to charge VAT on importation and not DJI.

3. The fact that you specify the VAT number create a situation where the customer think that you will collect the VAT... it could be the case because you have a europeran Head Quarted in Germany. But if you charge Luxembourg VAT on the Luxembourg sotre, in addition to do a good calculation, you need to have properly registered a VAT number in Luxembourg and you need to specify it on a detail page with legal information !

Now I am blocked because I cannot buy the DJI Inspire 1 directly from your web site. Please fix this bug (wrong VAT calculation) and please follow the European Regulations...

I have requested to the Luxembourg customes if you have a VAT number. I will get the answer soon, but if you do not have it, you will be oblige to not charge this amount. What is surprising me is that you do not charge federal taxes in USA... but you charge VAT in europe... the logic is quite similar.

CUSTOMS charge the VAT on importation of product coming from non EU countries.

I am sure that this is just a mistake and that you will fix it soon as working with the authority is the only way.

You should contact your european head quarte because your accountancy department will be able to explain to you in more details.

I don't have checked for other countries accross europe.
DJI_Shopping Basket.png
DJI_Shopping Basket.jpg
2015-7-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has already been brought to the attention of DJI.  Thank you for the information.
2015-8-2
Use props
uasltd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have had a similar issue. http://forum.dji.com/thread-22099-1-1.html

DJI did nothing, so I have spoken with my credit card company about a chargeback for the VAT.
2015-8-9
Use props
uasltd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-3 09:56
This has already been brought to the attention of DJI.  Thank you for the information.

I made DJI aware ago over a month ago about this issue, and they are still charging local VAT/Duties and failing to pay these themselves it seems. See my links above posted in forum. However I have extensive communication with customer support logged.

Of course domestic users wont notice this issue, but business like mine do. We had a VAT audit by Custom and they pulled the invoice produced by DJI. Not only did it contain a VAT number for a British company which is not DJI but no proof of taxes paid can be produced. In the UK the courier in this case DHL would need to supply a C79  form showing taxes were paid. I told DJI all of this they ignored the matter.

I have lost £500 which is the 20% VAT element of my order thanks to DJI and they have refused to resolve anything.

How could DJI fix this????

Simple DJI are a multi billion $ company. We all know the customer support sucks. However you should have a DJI centre in the EU and US where you distribute good from, and return items to. This nonsense of returning items from the EU to China is a joke. Doing this would not only resolve the warranty issues to a point, but would save you a fortune in shipping and you could even offset the local duties and costs if you were setup in the EU and US.

I would go into more detail but I doubt the hierarchy at DJI really care.
2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules