12Next >
12028 40 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smithypn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596079 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone come across a carrying/storage case for Phantoms that allows you to keep the prop guards on? I keep mine on all the time and I do not wish to keep taking then off every time I store my Phantom in in a case. I cannot be alone surely, in wanting this?
2014-11-28
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
Second Officer

China

It's OK I think!
2014-11-28
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I am not being funny here, but are you part of the DJI team ?
As your not listed as a team member and you really need to pay more attention to the questions you answer.
2014-11-28
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

I have the case and my prop guards are collecting dust on a shelf.... anyone want to buy them. Brand new still sealed in plastic here in the US.

case

case
2014-11-28
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Hi _ This one is available here in France at 249 euros, so they must be available elsewhere.

http://www.studiosport.fr/valise ... helices-p-4796.html
2014-11-28
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

(3)

This is a fabulous case - I have one and can recommend it. Available at B&H and elsewhere.

HPRC Soft Bag with Custom Foam for DJI Phantom 2 / 2 Vision / 2 Vision+  

B&H # HPHPRCDROLG ■Mfr # HPRCDROLG
2014-11-28
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-29 03:20
(3)

This is a fabulous case - I have one and can recommend it. Available at B&H and elsewhere.

It may be a fabulous case but you would still have to remove the prop guards to use it. Does not solve my problem.
2014-11-28
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Smithypn Posted at 2014-11-29 03:38
It may be a fabulous case but you would still have to remove the prop guards to use it. Does not s ...

What ?? are you looking at the right unit?  I have one and I assure you the prop guards stay on- look again my friend.  just copy paste the reference code I have taken the trouble to give you and post it in the B&H site.  If you can't do that I can't help you further- I wouldn't have taken the trouble to post it if it didn't solve your problem
2014-11-28
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I tried to post a pic but can't seem to do it. sorry.
2014-11-28
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-29 03:43
What ?? are you looking at the right unit?  I have one and I assure you the prop guards stay on- l ...

Pictures that I see (after copy & pasting "PRC Soft Bag with Custom Foam for DJI Phantom 2 / 2 Vision / 2 Vision+") do show it wiithout the guards.
2014-11-28
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Smithypn Posted at 2014-11-29 04:00
Pictures that I see (after copy & pasting "PRC Soft Bag with Custom Foam for DJI Phantom 2 / 2 Vis ...

Well that is strange. I have also posted my links both in the B&H site and on google and I get the right case. I can only suggest you search the HPRC website. But I assure you it takes the vision2 with props and guards- 3 batteries and the controller.  I Don't know how else to help. The product codes work and the ID descriptions work for me. ( and as I said I have the case and it is brilliant. B&h have them for under $200US) BY the way it is HPRC not PRC as you have stated- maybe this was the problem.  Here is a pic at last. this is straight from the B&H site.
Rod
vision 2 case.jpg
2014-11-28
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-29 05:00
Well that is strange. I have also posted my links both in the B&H site and on google and I get the ...

That looks perfect - thanks. Just what is needed.
2014-11-28
Use props
umpa_ndt
lvl.4

United Kingdom

$2000 for a case ?????????????

I need to sit down...

I'll make one.
2014-11-29
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

umpa_ndt@hotmai Posted at 2014-11-29 18:52

I need to sit down...

Er---Spectacles at the ready while you are making it, you might cut yourself!!- it actually says $200 US- I was being economical with the space between 200 and US. (beginning to wish I hadn't answered this enquiry!  
2014-11-29
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

There are other options such as the quick release for prop guards, so taking them off isn't to much of a hassle.....
2014-11-29
Use props
umpa_ndt
lvl.4

United Kingdom

lol Rod, I could have sworn it was 2000 - ahh well, yes my eyesight is not the best.  I have a 3D printer and have printed out some prop guards.  My Phantom arrives on monday so I am trying to get ahead on the knowledge beforehand.  I know that the OEM guards are not expensive but I would like to use both of my hobbies together if I can.  There are quite a few good Phantom Accessories to be printed.
2014-11-29
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just hope sending one to the UK is no problem. I intend to order one tomorrow, unless someone can come up with a better option. Thanks to those who provided helpful comments.
2014-11-29
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-29 19:12
There are other options such as the quick release for prop guards, so taking them off isn't to much  ...

What is the quick release option?
2014-11-29
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Smithypn Posted at 2014-11-30 01:16
What is the quick release option?

on Ebay etc.....
2014-11-29
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Smithypn Posted at 2014-11-30 01:15
Just hope sending one to the UK is no problem. I intend to order one tomorrow, unless someone can co ...

Hi again,
I am in New Zealand and have bought loads of gear from B&H.  However this case is Italian and I mentioned it to my local video supplies company who said they liked it so much they would stock it.  SO I did get mine in NZ.  But certainly B &H will supply UK no problem.  It may be worth shopping around the UK suppliers though, there may be a distributor already. In fact search the HPRC site they may have one listed.
Best of luck.
Rod
2014-11-29
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-30 05:43
Hi again,
I am in New Zealand and have bought loads of gear from B&H.  However this case is Italia ...

Just begun the purchase process. The price almost doubles when delivery and tax is included. £240 is too much. I will search on but can't at the moment find a UK stockist or more realistic option.
2014-11-30
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Smithypn Posted at 2014-11-30 17:01
Just begun the purchase process. The price almost doubles when delivery and tax is included. £240 ...

OK try these.  They are in Italy and are doing the case for 162 euros with 25 euro delivery to eu countries. http://www.plaberstore.com/en/catalog/detail/hprcdrolg

That is a brilliant deal. Have a look anyway, I wish I had found them before I bought mine!  best of luck
Rod
2014-11-30
Use props
mikewalker1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-30 18:43
OK try these.  They are in Italy and are doing the case for 162 euros with 25 euro delivery to eu  ...

Rod.
Thanks for this link, I have also being looking for a case to use with prop guards on.
I have just ordered from Italy, details and price you supplied were spot on.
Thanks again very much appreciated.

Mike.  UK.
2014-12-31
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

mikewalker1@out Posted at 2015-1-1 05:16
Rod.
Thanks for this link, I have also being looking for a case to use with prop guards on.
I have ...

Glad to help Mike.  I am actually English too- lived in NZ for 8 years now but originally from Saffron Walden near Cambridge. (all useless info but I wanted to share!!)
2014-12-31
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

Why don't you just order a case to fit what you need. Bought this one from http://mcmelectronics.com for $39. It's a pelican with removable foam for how ever you want to lay it out. case.jpg
2014-12-31
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

porschett Posted at 2015-1-1 05:32
Why don't you just order a case to fit what you need. Bought this one from http://mcmelectronics.com ...

The question was about a case that could take a bird with props and guards attached. Yours doesn't.  I guess the OP will of course order one that does.
2014-12-31
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

No, my case doesn't. READ my post, don't look at it. I said, "Order one that fits your need"
2014-12-31
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

porschett Posted at 2015-1-1 09:29
No, my case doesn't. READ my post, don't look at it. I said, "Order one that fits your need"

Well, I don't see the value or contribution of your observation- the OP clearly will order one to suit his needs, I  don't think he needed guidance on that point, the OP asked for information and he got it to his satisfaction..  But I guess your example would suit anyone who doesn't use prop guards so we are all here to help each other.
2014-12-31
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

They are available in different sizes.
2015-1-1
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

here is a hard case that allows for the prop guards:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2015-1-1
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

here is a pic of the case that arrived today, fits like a glove, will also use as mentioned above for launch pad:

2015-1-7
Use props
bmckeage
New

Canada

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-8 13:50
here is a pic of the case that arrived today, fits like a glove, will also use as mentioned above fo ...

Is that a P2V3? I couldn't find the inside dimensions on the Amazon listing. It would be nice to find an affordable hard case to accommodate the unit w/prop guards.-22" X 22" X 10" (inside) approx.
2015-1-15
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

mine is a p2v (non plus).  i dont know if V3 or not, ive only had it a month.  i couldnt be happier.  in retrospect, i might have gotten the new removable prop guards and gone with a smaller case.  this one will work perfect for lugging around in the car and such but it is a bit too big to do other stuff like say carry around the park.  im still very happy with it.
2015-1-15
Use props
keelbyfish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cases seem to be a licence to print money.

How can they justify such prices when basically a lot are just small suitcases with foam inside

2015-3-16
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

umpa_ndt@hotmai Posted at 2014-11-29 18:52

I need to sit down...

That's what I did less than 75 us Lars although it doesn't fit with guards.
2015-3-17
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Johnwarr...I clicked on Autumn's avatar and it indicates DJI Team.  I guess that is a good way to tell in the future.
2015-3-17
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

I did it may Way

Greetings - Mike
2015-3-18
Use props
jliddil
lvl.2

United States

so where did you buy the case?
2015-3-18
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

I built it myself.

You can order Size , Color and Materials by your Choice at Casebuilder.

Does not cost more than the Items from Plastic but it´s little more heavy

The Foam i bought from a local Dealer for €50.-

It´s a real heavy Duty one on my Photo and tooks me half Day to build it.

Do you like the Design?

Cheers Mike
2015-3-18
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

can post also Pics of building if wanted
2015-3-18
Use props
12Next >