2067 7 2014-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 990781 ft
  • >>>
United States

i was curious;  in the dual setup, the camera operator will have the view from the camera for framing up the shot.  What camera view will the pilot have?  I know when I fly, the depth perception is important for a lot of reasons.  
2014-11-29
Use props
jryser
New

United States

At this point it appears pilot view will be the same as the camera operator.  
2014-11-29
Use props
grehbein
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764396 ft
Australia

Pilot view will be a map view with a small window at the bottom showing the camera view.
2014-11-29
Use props
ems1016
New

United States

Some sites are saying there will be enough of a delay in return signal to the operator and, consequently, FPV reliance on LightBridge is asking for trouble.  Anybody else hear this?  Eddie
2014-11-29
Use props
DallasBySky
New

United States

I would hope that there would be consideration for the pilot. Even a simple FPV that integrated with an app would suffice.
2015-1-8
Use props
matt
lvl.1

United States

DallasBySky Posted at 2015-1-9 01:05
I would hope that there would be consideration for the pilot. Even a simple FPV that integrated with ...

ya i agree.  maybe a future fpv camera add on.
2015-1-8
Use props
HeadOn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1903835 ft
United States

ems1016 Posted at 2014-11-30 14:17
Some sites are saying there will be enough of a delay in return signal to the operator and, conseque ...

Actually, I've been seeing reports from users on YouTube who say the delay is less than half a second or better.  I also recall seeing somewhere that the delay is roughly 125 milliseconds or something like that.  So I think the Inspire 1's light bridge system should work really well for FPV.

As for the dual operator mode, my understanding is that the main operator still has all the same controls as flying with a single operator.  That means you should be able to toggle back and forth between map view and camera view.  And in the event you need to get the camera back in FPV mode you can do that with the controls on the left side of the screen that has the different gimbal modes.

The only difference is that the camera operator will be able to use his control sticks to control camera and gimbal and cannot perform any flight ops. You might want to check out DJIs new training videos on YouTube. They might give you a little better idea of things.

2015-1-8
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

HeadOn Posted at 2015-1-9 04:24
Actually, I've been seeing reports from users on YouTube who say the delay is less than half a sec ...

Yes, I agree with Headon. By clicking on small (camera) view on the pilot's controller will transition it to full view (replacing map view).
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules