7455 17 2022-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phil-142
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149964 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi everyone, i received the mini 3 pro today and every minute or so i get the message which reads "powering off automatically, aircraft has been standing still for too long, powering off automatically to cool down". it does not give me time to enter the settings i want on the controller then the warning message comes on the screen to power off. i have not yet flown it only unboxed it. any help will be appreciated. thank you.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_sgqFZ6onSelm
lvl.1

Australia

I make sure the camera cover is removed.
Mine gets hot but it last about 15 mins before complaining.
I run a little fan in front of it to keep it cool and then have no issues.
I am a newbie and others may have better advice but this works for me.
It does seem strange it complains after 1 minute.
Cheers Dave
2022-6-11
Use props
phil-142
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_sgqFZ6onSelm Posted at 6-11 23:07
I make sure the camera cover is removed.
Mine gets hot but it last about 15 mins before complaining.
I run a little fan in front of it to keep it cool and then have no issues.

thanks very much ,appreciated.
good idea and i will keep that in mind about the fan.
i am going out today for the first flight and hopefully the weather is cool enough to enter the settings on the dji rc controller without the drone power cutting out.
thanks for your time and help.
2022-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mini3P does not have an internal fan (probably to keep the weight under the 250 mark).  It was designed so that the rear props would push air into the rear vents to keep the drone cool.  If you are trying to do extensive drone settings while indoors and props not moving I recommend using a fan blowing on aft of drone to keep it cooled while you are getting your settings done.

I fly in the hot, sunny Florida weather and have not had an issue with overheating while flying the Mini3P.  It did get a bit warm during initial set up out of the box with firmware updates, but again fan helped.  
2022-6-12
Use props
phil-142
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-12 03:25
The Mini3P does not have an internal (probably to keep the weight under the 250 mark).  It was designed so that the rear props would push air into the rear vents to keep the drone cool.  If you are trying to do extensive drone settings while indoors and props not moving I recommend using a fan blowing on aft of drone to keep it cooled while you are getting your settings done.

I fly in the hot, sunny Florida weather and have not had an issue with overheating while flying the Mini3P.  It did get a bit warm during initial set up out of the box with firmware updates, but again fan helped.

very much appreciated for your reply. really helpful. using a fan would be my best option to cool the drone down while i make adjustments to the settings in doors. wanted to take it on the first flight today but the weather here is very windy and raining. typical english weather eh. once again your time and help is really appreciated. thank you.
2022-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

phil-142 Posted at 6-12 07:20
very much appreciated for your reply. really helpful. using a fan would be my best option to cool the drone down while i make adjustments to the settings in doors. wanted to take it on the first flight today but the weather here is very windy and raining. typical english weather eh. once again your time and help is really appreciated. thank you.

Just glad I could help.  

Don't feel bad about your weather and it is pouring here today in Florida - so just another no fly day.
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there phil-142. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mavic 3 Pro does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the DJI drone to dissipate heat. After the DJI Mini 3 Pro is powered on and kept on a flat surface ( such as ground or a desk ) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the DJI drone should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.
2022-6-12
Use props
phil-142
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-12 21:18
Hello there phil-142. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mavic 3 Pro does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the DJI drone to dissipate heat. After the DJI Mini 3 Pro is powered on and kept on a flat surface ( such as ground or a desk ) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the DJI drone should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.

thank you so much for your reply. appreciated.
thank you for explaining this. it all makes sense now and what the problem is.
your time and help is most welcome. thank you.
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

phil-142 Posted at 6-13 15:25
thank you so much for your reply. appreciated.
thank you for explaining this. it all makes sense now and what the problem is.
your time and help is most welcome. thank you.

Hi there phil-142. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns wit DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you. .
2022-6-14
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18991394 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-12 03:25
The Mini3P does not have an internal fan (probably to keep the weight under the 250 mark).  It was designed so that the rear props would push air into the rear vents to keep the drone cool.  If you are trying to do extensive drone settings while indoors and props not moving I recommend using a fan blowing on aft of drone to keep it cooled while you are getting your settings done.

good advice thanks
2022-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 6-18 09:06
good advice thanks

You're very welcome.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.
2022-6-18
Use props
JeremyLaurenson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11224 ft
United States

My solution: https://www.printables.com/model/243402-djo-mini-3-pro-chargingcooling-base
2022-8-3
Use props
Vasiliy56
New

Russia

Есть 2 решения: 1 — положи дрон в холодильник. 2 — используй программу dji assistant 2 для виндовс или мак.
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_xc6JEdmgW3Xz
New

United States

Hi DowntownRBD
I live in sunny south florida as well and I am thinking of buying a mini 3 pro but am hesitant because of the hot weather and the drone heating up to the point that will do a forced landing.
Overheating even in flight seems to be an issue for several users.
Have you had any problems as such recently?
2022-11-2
Use props
djiuser_8AHkBVYu0OP6
lvl.2

United States

What about if it loses power while flying?  I have one that losses power while flying for about 1 min.  Batteries full,(tried several batteries) same result.  Also all firmware updates are completed.
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_8AHkBVYu0OP6 Posted at 2-14 14:47
What about if it loses power while flying?  I have one that losses power while flying for about 1 min.  Batteries full,(tried several batteries) same result.  Also all firmware updates are completed.

Hi, djiuser_8AHkBVYu0OP6. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Did you receive any error messages from the app? Are the batteries installed securely like in the image below? Were you flying in or near a restricted zone? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

1.jpg
2023-2-14
Use props
RachelGomez
lvl.1

India

The main reasons DJI Mini 3 Pro may fail to pair with the controller are due to battery issues, damaged SD cards, outdated firmware, and issues with the controller app.
Regards,
Rachel Gomez
2023-3-9
Use props
djiuser_eewDdoPg10HR
New
Flight distance : 83799 ft
Iraq

Aircraft sitting for extended period.
Powering off automatically. Wait until aircraft cools down?
Fix this ? What happens
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules