Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z15 GH4 Problems in cold conditions
12Next >
9906 79 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ducpeter
Captain
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hi
that anyone else have problems with the video signal from the Gimbal/GCU in temperature arround 0° Celsius
we have frezzing the video on the screens with LB.
with an extra FPV camera on the HDMI port in dual video mode from the LB works well
2014-12-1
Use props
code07
lvl.1

China

haven't heard of this kind of issue yet, you're sure it is because of the temperature?

try replace the GCU or 7Pin cable with another one, if it's possible, to check which part could have went wrong.
2014-12-1
Use props
junglerto
lvl.1

Finland

Hi,
DJI is obviously trying to cover this problem. They are deleting my posts. DJI Z15-GH4 at least will fail in cold. We are loosing HD image already in +2 degrees.

Anyone have any further information on why this is happening and how to fix it. It seems DJI will do nothing about it. :@
2014-12-2
Use props
mail
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, we have the same problem. DJI S900 Zenmuse Z15-GH4
The GH4-Signal works well for a few minutes than it freeze. Sometimes it came back, but 2-3 minutes later ist totally lost.
Than the Gimbal LED ist constantly red.
Power cycle the Gimbal helps for 2-4 minutes.
After warming up all works normal.

Any Idea?!
2014-12-2
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

looks like it's coming from the Gimbal, GCU to cold. I changed the wiring same problem. On my S800EVO A2, LB with an non DJI Gimbal and HDMI wire i have no problems.
any idea from DJI, waiting for an answer
2014-12-2
Use props
mail
lvl.1

Germany

We covered the GCU and ist seems like we have 1-2 minutes extra flight time. We also have the impression that the video signal came back when we are closer to the S900 but that can be a coincidence.
At one try our GH4 battery was empty, the gimbal video freeze with the lumix picture and iosd data but the gimbal led was green for 10minutes flight time...with GH4 online only 4minutes are possible.

Maybe that helps to clear the problem...
2014-12-3
Use props
gaetan87
New

Switzerland

To summarize: The video cuts when using the zenmuse gh4 and LB.
1. Where does the problem comes from? the cable, the LB or the GCU ?
2. DJI says that the system is ok between -10 and 40, but everybody has problems at 4 degrees already !
3. WHAT CAN WE DO TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM ! When you invest more than 10'000 on a multirotor, you want stuff to work, isn't it?
2014-12-28
Use props
Fredrow
lvl.1

United States

mail@motioncomp Posted at 2014-12-2 23:09
Hi, we have the same problem. DJI S900 Zenmuse Z15-GH4
The GH4-Signal works well for a few minutes t ...

So did you have any success with this problem? Because I'm going through the same thing. I'm running a s900+A2+LB+Z15-GH4. This problem is driving me crazy, at first I thought it was cables/wires but nope that wasn't it! Not once did I think it would be caused from coldness. Any help or solutions would be awesome, thanks.
2015-1-7
Use props
DJI -Technical
Second Officer

China

Hi, is the GCU LED show constant red?
After warming up, will the image recover?
2015-1-8
Use props
Fredrow
lvl.1

United States

DJI -Technical  Posted at 2015-1-8 20:50
Hi, is the GCU LED show constant red?
After warming up, will the image recover?

GCU LED? I wasn't aware of an LED even located on the GCU. I have the GCU in my hand right now and it doesn't have an LED located on it/in it.
2015-1-8
Use props
DJI -Technical
Second Officer

China

Fredrow Posted at 2015-1-9 01:29
GCU LED? I wasn't aware of an LED even located on the GCU. I have the GCU in my hand right now and ...

Sorry, I am saying the gimbal LED.
2015-1-13
Use props
Motion Compound
lvl.1

Germany

yes, after warming up our configuration works again.
we had now some flight 6°C 8°C and gcu covered with some plastic worked fine.
but yesterday 0°C same issue again...lightbridge gh4 zenmuse gh4-dh + cold weather = now hd video out(only fpv)....

sucks...
2015-1-19
Use props
n_mclorn.email
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here. If I initialise the gimbal in the cold the light is always solid RED. If I initialise it when it is still warm I get usual flashing green and video link for about 10mins until it cools down.

I'm using s900 wkm z15 gh4 with standard 5.8ghz downlink.

Any fixes yet?
2015-1-21
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

it's an Zenmuse problem, today (0-1°C) we were out for testing with S900,A2,LB,Z15 GH4,  2th HD-FPV-Cam.
after 4-5 minutes the gimbal getting colder and no video from the Zenmuse
my old system S800evo, A2, LB, 3-axle alexmos, 2th HD-FPV-Cam no problem after 30min flying
tomorrow i will try to cover the GCU, but think it comes from the pitch axle

hey DJI 24/7 inspire service have a look at your professional's and service them also :@

by the way where are the update for GH4 zenmuse shutter problem and the IOS LB App
2015-1-21
Use props
DJI support
Second Officer

China

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-22 05:23
it's an Zenmuse problem, today (0-1°C) we were out for testing with S900,A2,LB,Z15 GH4,  2th HD-FPV ...

Dear customers, when you met GH4 gimbal shows no image under low temperature, please send mails to us.support@dji.com for  north Amercian customers , and send back the gimbal for check and repair.
Or support@dji.com for the customers in other continents except North America.

For the GH4 shutter problem, the one to one cable conection from GCU to receiver may help solve the unable to shut problem .
2015-1-22
Use props
DJI support
Second Officer

China

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-22 05:23
it's an Zenmuse problem, today (0-1°C) we were out for testing with S900,A2,LB,Z15 GH4,  2th HD-FPV ...

Dear ducpeter, one more confirmation, are you suffering from the unable to shut problem when using LB or 5.8 transmitter?  
2015-1-22
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

using only LB with 2 TX
2015-1-22
Use props
DJI support
Second Officer

China

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-23 04:15
using only LB with 2 TX

Please try move the AUX1 to Close option, try if this help
2015-1-24
Use props
stpfl.email
lvl.1

Austria

Hi! i have a similar problem!
When Zenmuse gets cold Image is white after startup.
If i put the copter for 5min in the warm car its working again.

Is there a solution for that already?
Where is the part that causing the problem in cold areas?

2015-2-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

stpfl.email Posted at 2015-2-3 01:45
Hi! i have a similar problem!
When Zenmuse gets cold Image is white after startup.
If i put the cop ...

It may caused by failure in parts of HDMI-HD/AV module. But we need to have examinations done to determine the real cause.
The current solution is to send your GH4 back for repairing and checking. First you need to write a mail to support@dji.com or us.support@dji.com (NA customers).
2015-2-2
Use props
GoCopter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73461 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
we have the same problem! with the 5D and GH4 in combination with the lightbridge! On the LB USB Video Output the downlink is working but not on the HDMI Output! We have send the GH4 to DJI Schondra - we need a fast solution!!!
2015-2-7
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

can you check that you get also problems with the video output from the LB with an non DJI Gimbal.
my GH4 zenmuse is in the service. My other systems with LB's get the same problem by -3°C.
The cheap AVL58 is working fine until -8°C
in the features and manual is written from -10° to 50°C any solutions from DJI

can someone answering from DJI support or you want all LB's back and send me my money :@:@:@:@
2015-2-8
Use props
stpfl.email
lvl.1

Austria

Question to DJI:

If i would replace the DJI Zenmuse Z15 GH4 HDMI PCBA http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/DJIZ15-PART58-GH4.html bymyself would solve that the problem?
Time is money ...
2015-2-8
Use props
stpfl.email
lvl.1

Austria

http://youtu.be/Etu1PXLfyKY
2015-2-8
Use props
DJI support
Second Officer

Hong Kong

ducpeter Posted at 2015-2-8 16:25
can you check that you get also problems with the video output from the LB with an non DJI Gimbal.
m ...

ducpeter, could you upload a video of this failure? Thanks!
2015-2-9
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

not yet it's to warm 4° and i'm pissed to try it again and again in cold wether.
in November i was not sure if it's the gimbal GH4 Z15 or the LB. Than its an common problem on the Z15. so i send my gimbal tu your support (still waiting).
So i have to use the other gimbals which we hope without failure -> the GH4 with HDMI Converter to AVL58 no problems, with Lightbridge no Video.
last week we tryed 5 sytems with Lightbridge, every system failed at -2/-3°C  still the AVL58 is working without a problem over 50min in this cold conditions. (3x Cameras GH4, Sony NEX7, 3x Gopro 3BE)
2015-2-9
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.1

Austria

Please watch this video!
Its showing the problem every new Zenmuse GH4 has from the factory.
http://youtu.be/Etu1PXLfyKY
I will send my gimbal to DJI Germany and hope they can fix it
2015-2-10
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks to DJI support europe  

was starting difficult but everybody did his job perfect

here the statement from my repaired GH4 Gimbal

"Customer claims gimbal shuts off in cold (below 4C), picture on lightbridge is pixelated, no shutter function.
Replaced HDMI board (BC.ZM.P00075) with new version to fix cold issue, replaced pitch cable (YC.XL.X00241), HDMI cable (GH$ spare part 60), balanced calibrate and tested with lightbridge.
Downgraded both GCUs to V1.6. Advised customer to keep it at this level until new FW is available."       
2015-2-12
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.1

Austria

Was the Repair Service for Free or did you have to pay for it?  
2015-2-17
Use props
peter.ducati-he
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

my Gimbal was 6 month old, Garantie paid nothing
2015-2-17
Use props
Renoire
New

United Kingdom

I have just got an S1000 with ZH15 + GH4 and am suffering loss of video link in cold temperatures (<6 degrees C). Can't believe it!!

What is the solution?  Do I email DJI first?

Will I have to send my gimbal to Germany?  Surely not?

Also is there a modified part as per stpfl.email's message above ref the TroyBuiltModels component?

Thanks for any help
2015-2-17
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

the HDMI board is changed to a new version.
I would call them and looking for an RMA number from your dealer to ship it to the DJI-support
2015-2-17
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.1

Austria

I also called dji germany but they told me they can't send me the replacement part for change it on my own.
2015-2-18
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

How you will change the board the wiring in the zenmuse and calibrate, there is no software. I wouldn't touch it since i have waranty on it
2015-2-18
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Germany just send back my gimbal on the same day as arriving. I also send them, adress, information about the purchase, phone number, mail, detail description of failure. But they just return my gimbal without of any notice, no call, no mail.

So i phoned them today and asked and they told me i only can return the gimbal if i have an RMA number.
I never got an answer on several mails from DJI internation or even from DJI Germany. So i never got an RMA number.

So i was happy that the friendly person on the phone sent me a RMA number so i can send in my package aggain .
Must be some stupid people there ...
2015-2-19
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

looks like but thats the way, you need an RMA number from your dealer
2015-2-19
Use props
Flyviewpicture
lvl.1
France

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem, i live in switzerland, i have a S1000 gh4 + light bridge, the hdmi led on the zenmuse goes red after 3 min outside.
Thank for this post, i worm up the gimbal before every flight and it's work
Is there a solution from dji for that already?
My clients were surprised when this morning i had to use a hair dryer to make it work...
Hope DJI fix this problem soon!

Flyviewpictures
2015-2-25
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Hi flyviewpicture
look at my post from 12.2 DJI europe support changed my board and the wiring and its working so far in our cold  conditions.
check your detailed spec. from your equipment:
A2 -> -5 - +60°C
Zenmuse & LB -> -10 - +50°C
S900 -> -10 - +40°C
GH -> 0 - +40°C

until -6°C i have tested and now everything was working. For colder conditions i'm working on an heated cover
2015-2-25
Use props
Flyviewpictures
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi Ducpeter,

OK thank your for your answer, i am in contact with my local reseller in france, they weren't aware of  the problem. They have to check with DJI and they will return to me.

Should i send them  your post back ?

"Customer claims gimbal shuts off in cold (below 4C), picture on lightbridge is pixelated, no shutter function.
Replaced HDMI board (BC.ZM.P00075) with new version to fix cold issue, replaced pitch cable (YC.XL.X00241), HDMI cable (GH4 spare part 60), balanced calibrate and tested with lightbridge.
Downgraded both GCUs to V1.6. Advised customer to keep it at this level until new FW is available."        

But if i send back my zenmuse to my reseller, i gest it will take 2 month to have my gimbal back right ?
Thanks
2015-3-10
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

the problem is common and the technik guy's at DJI europe know it. If you have the same issues in cold conditions the will change it maybe 2-4 weeks. My one took 2 weeks
2015-3-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules