Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom 2 Batteries - How to Know?
1889 7 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rzxrey
lvl.1

Canada

So I read about the new phantom batts and their new features. How do I determine if I have the new batteries? I read someone mention about the contact points being square as opposed to round on the old ones?  

Thanks

2014-12-1
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

"How do I determine if I have the new batteries?"
Well if you bought them today they are new, only you can answer this question.
My V+ bought in July and the 2 other batteries bought since then have the square contacts.
Run the PT2 assistant and see what upgrades it suggests if any.
2014-12-2
Use props
rzxrey
lvl.1

Canada

I asked this because I dont want to be buying the old phantom batteries as they are not upgradeable with the new self discharging features (as dji stated). So if there is a way to verify or ask a seller to identify if its the latest one, that would save me the trouble of returning it.
2014-12-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

rzxrey@gmail.co Posted at 2014-12-2 23:18
I asked this because I dont want to be buying the old phantom batteries as they are not upgradeable  ...

I have 4 batteries total, 3 of them have the square contact points and 1 has the round contact points.  I have upgraded all 4 of them successfully.
2014-12-2
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

So there you go rzxrey, any genuine battery bought from a dealer will be fine.
Fake or clone batteries from ebay should be avoided.
2014-12-2
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-3 01:56
So there you go rzxrey, any genuine battery bought from a dealer will be fine.
Fake or clone batter ...

dam it.........   {:3_41:}  ill just avoid updating......
2014-12-2
Use props
rzxrey
lvl.1

Canada

I have to clarify. Older batteries can be updated with new FW but the self discharge function is only available on the new batteries. I've decided to contact DJI to ask for more info on identifying. Like if i plug it in on the software what is it supposed to show to confirm that it is indeed the newly released batteries, or if there are physical changes to take note about. Will not risk it with fake batts (flyaway, dead in mid air--no thanks)
2014-12-2
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you have Firmware 2.6.0.0 on your Battery, the self discharge is working. The battery use it internal balancer to discharge the battery.
The microcontroller in the battery use a software timer to count 10 day's wihout you touch the battery , the starts discharging the batterie to ~ 50% .
2014-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules