Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why no update info?
957 6 2014-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guitarian
lvl.1

United States

Could someone at DJI please explain to me (us?) why there is no information about updates available when you release a new firmware/software version? We all paid close to (or over) $1000US to buy our Phantoms. Why are updates a mystery that have to be searched out on your forum? The battery update alone has generated 2 pages of discussion and even after reading it I have NO idea whether I'm supposed to upgrade because DJI has told me nothing about how to recognize which battery I have. Round plugs vs square plugs? How about a photo and some definite way to identify? If these are "smart" batteries then why can't they simply let the user know if an upgrade is or isn't compatible.I have to say that as much as I enjoy my Phantom, I would get a lot more out of it if I had any faith in the company that manufactures it.
Come on DJI, you can do better. GOPRO has announced that they are entering this market in 2015. They have great tech support and info about their updates that is simple to find on their website.

2014-12-2
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Release notes are on the same page as the downloads.
I don't see what the mystery is with the updates, the instructions are very clear and easy to follow.
Download the latest RC and PT2 assistants and they will say if there are any updates to do.
Its not rocket science....
2014-12-2
Use props
guitarian
lvl.1

United States

Yes, on some updates. Where is the battery update info?
2014-12-2
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

As I said, in the release notes.
2014-12-2
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-2 21:44
As I said, in the release notes.

Im taking a back seat on this , wait till after Xmas, wow are we in for some repetitive fun on here.....{:2_39:}
2014-12-2
Use props
josephbobowicz
Second Officer

United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2014-12-3 03:11
Im taking a back seat on this , wait till after Xmas, wow are we in for some repetitive fu ...

LOL mixstreme, I completely agree with you.
2014-12-2
Use props
Cloud9
New
United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-12-3 03:11
Im taking a back seat on this , wait till after Xmas, wow are we in for some repetitive fu ...

Yep, I've learned to just take the top answers and copy/paste them.
Lots of newbies ask the same questions
2014-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules