Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I plugged it in
961 5 2014-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Well - I decided to plug my Phantom in to the computer.  Not intending to update, simply to tweak some of the settings.

Boom it downloaded an update and installed it.  - NOT GOOD.  Still I had no choice other than to switch it off and on again.  After it booted first time.  Then told me I had two other updates (one for the battery), sphincter twitching time - so many disaster stories.

Well all went well, all updated fine, so I changed the RTH height to 200 mtrs because where I fly there are a few trees (well a few to many) lol. All good went to fly.  Did the calibration dance, much to the amusement of the locals, green lights, rapid flash lights - full bars on the battery - Lift off.

flew fine, demonstrated how it stays put - you know lol....  Then looked at DJVision - 0% battery and 0 satellites, mmm thats not right as the battery says full and the UFO is flying as it should (and i'm not that good a pilot).

Went home - plugged it bac in to computer - cant see anyhting wrong, tried it again - still same.

Thought I'll try pushing the calibration button, tols me it was to hot & I did not need to, still did it anyway - and now works ok. Finds 9 sats and battery reads correct.

What did I do wrong ?
2014-12-2
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well I guess you did not connect the vision app to the phantom Wi-Fi the first time.
200mts RTH is way too high that's over 650ft for gods sake......
Updates are good to do, remember if you have more than 1 battery you need to update each of them.
2014-12-2
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wrong?   Nothing!
You have solved it,  working fine...
2014-12-2
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Well 200ft is half the 400ft I'm allowed. I figured at 200 it won't hit anything whilst I'm in panic mode.  Over the top I guess but thought it might be the safe option for now.

The caa rules contradict them selves a bit, one part says 400ft another says 1000. Fortunately I don't live in any restricted zones.  I'll get there, bit at a time.  I have noticed that flying this thing attracts attention and that's not always a good thing lol.
Edit :- yes I ment feet not Meters lol
2014-12-2
Use props
Cloud9
New
United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-3 03:36
Well 200ft is half the 400ft I'm allowed. I figured at 200 it won't hit anything whilst I'm in panic ...

Keep in mind if your low voltage warning is set to return to home, depending where you are you may not have the juice to get back. 200ft of vertical lift (especially towards the end of a charge) eats precious battery, really quick.
2014-12-2
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Good point, but if my previous track record is anything to go by - i'm more likely to lose sight of it and hit failsafe.  I did that on the second flight !!
2014-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules