Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 100 RC FIRMWARE UPDATE FAILURE
12Next >
8621 44 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

Brand new Matrice. Flown it once, second Time it said that a firmware update was required for the RC. So I downloaded and tried to install the firmware on the Matrice 100's RC. FAILURE.

Contacted support, they said try it again?!?! And unplug the battery?!?! What battery, for the RC, you cannot.

Contacted support in Los Angeles. They refused to help me on that platform.

I can now not safely without voiding the warranty fly my exceptionally new Matrice 100.

When I try and use my inspire remote

If when I use my inspire remote and link it to my Patrice 100. The DJ I GO app does not show that I need an upgrade to the firmware of the RC. But of course if I use my inspire remotes with my mattress 100 I may void the warranty.

I've tried downloading the firmware package for the inspire and applying tgst to that RC it does not except that firmware either.

Any ideas?
2015-8-6
Use props
2333333wqf
New

China

In the forum in Chinese, some one met this problem and  he downloaded the firmware package for inspire 1 to solve it.
forum address;http://bbs.dji.com/forum.php?mod ... peid%26typeid%3D182

fireware(v1.2.1.06) address: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

Though you have tried this method, maybe you can try it again.
(sorry for my poor English = =!)
2015-8-6
Use props
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

I did try the Inspire firmware update package. Worked on the RC I received with Inspire1. That RC works fine with Matrice ( after linking it). I'm requesting a repair, I feel it's a Hardware issue. Thanks for help, and great English!
2015-8-8
Use props
ldeco58148
New

United States

what happened to the update, nothing is working.
first the RC wont connect
then general failure during upgrading the Matrice 100.
what is the fix?
2016-4-18
Use props
ldeco58148
New

United States

also DJI assistant 2 failed.
stop working
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ldeco58148@aol. Posted at 2016-4-19 05:26
stop working

Hello!
Could you please tell your your present firmware versions of your units?
If your RC's firmware is older than 1.3.0, please upgrade it to v1.3.0 first with the Inspire 1 firmware version v1.3.0.00 (https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_en_160408.pdf)

Below link is the instruction of "Matrice 100-Updating the Firmware" for your reference:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... dating_the_Firmware

If you need further help, please tell us more details about the failure, such as the indicator or any noise? Normally, there's no problem to upgrade the firmware by following our instructions.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ldeco58148@aol. Posted at 2016-4-19 05:26
stop working

Hi,
If you can't finish the upgrade in normal procedures, please find attached program in the Dropbox link for your update.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9dqn3dmtc2zyqi/M100Repair.exe?dl=0

Firstly, please execute the M100Repair.exe and upgrade your unit in it first, if it shows that the upgrade fail, don't worry, next please try to upgrade the firmware again in the DJI Assistant 2.
Wait for your further update.

2016-4-19
Use props
daan8
New

Netherlands

Hi DJI-Adela,

I was unable to run your program, it could not locate the QT5Core.dll file (manually adding this file did also not help).
I need this to restore the firmware on the Matrice 100 since the new update failed on me.
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daan8 Posted at 2016-4-20 23:04
Hi DJI-Adela,

I was unable to run your program, it could not locate the QT5Core.dll file (manually  ...

Hi,
Could you please upgrade your MC's firmware firstly in M100 N1 Assistant 3.4.4.exe, and then upgrade the firmware in the latest DJI Assistant 2.exe?

As for the issue of "QT5Core.dll", could you please review this webpage and see if it can help you:   http://answers.microsoft.com/en- ... 04d72acac3b0?auth=1
http://stackoverflow.com/questio ... ored-dll-is-missing
May I know the OS of your computer? Please note that this program is not suitable for Mac.

2016-4-20
Use props
daan8
New

Netherlands

Where can I download the M100 N1 Assistant software? It is not listed on the M100 dowload page (http://www.dji.com/product/matrice100/info#downloads)
I already tried the solution you've provided, but that did unfortunaly not work. I've added the dll manually to the register, but received another error message.
I'm running Windows 8.1 on a virtual computer.
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daan8 Posted at 2016-4-21 16:03
Where can I download the M100 N1 Assistant software? It is not listed on the M100 dowload page (http ...

Hi,
Please download the M100 N1 Assistant 3.4.4.exe at : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzbtqc ... _Installer.exe?dl=0

As for QT5Core.dll, please search the DLL file online and install it on your computer, otherwise, the N1 Assistant software can't run correctly in your PC.
This one is for your reference: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?qt5core
2016-4-21
Use props
daan8
New

Netherlands

Hi DJI-Adela,

thanks for the download, it fixed the problem for me.
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daan8 Posted at 2016-4-21 18:53
Hi DJI-Adela,

thanks for the download, it fixed the problem for me.

OK, you're welcome! It's great that you fix the problem!
Good luck!
2016-4-21
Use props
dronescan3
New

South Africa

Same here, we have a dji matrice which has worked for 9 months, using the N1 assistant we did all the firmware updates, now using the Assistant 2 we get an error updating fimware, not only that but it completely trashes the FCU and we just get a beeping noise on startup, Assistant 2 refuses to recognise the drone after that so basically we have a bricked drone, just because of this stupid Assistant 2 software. not only that but the firmware versions have gone backwards, on N1 assistant the latest firmware version is 2.3 , now on Assistant 2 the latest firmware version is 1.3.1. what gives DJI? this is basic software stuff, its not difficult to get this right.
2016-4-21
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

Same here too. I had a DJI matrice working well with my RC LB2. After updating with the DJI Assistant 2, my RC is blocked (Error updating firmware).
Now, it is impossible to connect to my Matrice.

Trying the M100repaire.exe software...
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dronescan3 Posted at 2016-4-21 22:38
Same here, we have a dji matrice which has worked for 9 months, using the N1 assistant we did all th ...

Hello!
Sorry about the problem!
We're gonna fix the issue soon.
To get your drone work, please re-upgrade the firmware as the above provided instruction.
If you have any problem, please let me know.
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Geronimo13 Posted at 2016-4-23 21:34
Same here too. I had a DJI matrice working well with my RC LB2. After updating with the DJI Assistan ...

Hey,
How was it going about your trying?
I hope you've solved your problem.
2016-4-23
Use props
averville
lvl.1

Canada

Getting the same issue too. I had the Matrice restarted with N1 assistant a month ago but was still unable to upgrade it with DJI Assistant 2 but at least it worked. Now I brought it to the field but unfortunately the firmware upgrade was required before flying. Tried again to upgrade it with DJI Assistant 2 but it failed again, leaving the M100 bricked again. The problem now is that even N1 Assistant cannot put it back to life.

I tried the M100 Repair, with the corrected missing DLL procedure but nothing happens. Still bricked. Will definitely need help.
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

averville@kildi Posted at 2016-5-12 01:24
Getting the same issue too. I had the Matrice restarted with N1 assistant a month ago but was still  ...

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble!
Could you please describe more details about the problems so that we can understand your problem better?

If you failed the upgrade with the beep sound in the DJI Assistant 2, we would suggest you to fix the problem by following above provided solution.
Thanks!
2016-5-12
Use props
averville
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-12 06:49
Hi,
Sorry for the trouble!
Could you please describe more details about the problems so that we c ...

I finally made it. For others that may put themselves in the same situation, here is what I would have liked to be told:

M100Repair.exe must be put in the DJI Assistant 2 directory otherwise it won't see the famous Qt5Core.dll it requires for execution when you activate it and not initiate DJI Assistant 2. If double-clicked from the right directory, M100Repair will do its magic and start DJI Assistant 2 in a sort of Failsafe mode so you will be able to connect to the M100 again, even though it is still beeping its complaints until upgraded.

Please note that in my own case, the first upgrade attempt resulted in a "failed" status. I restarted it a second time from scratch (M100 power off/on without beeping and without the need for M100Repair and DJI Assistant 2 closed and opened again) and this time the upgrade process succeeded. Not willing to brick the D100 to do it again, I don't know if others will experience the same behaviour.

I do lots of support to my clients on software and systems, I do understand things can be tricky at times. It appears M100Repair.exe just needs to be put at the right location!
2016-5-12
Use props
philm
New

United States

DJI - Please realize that even the latest version of your Assistant 2 FW updater KILLS the M100 in some instances.  Once during the middle of the FW update, the connection was lost.  Somehow the unit flies and responds fine, but the X5 camera would never calibrate properly for crisp photos.  So I tried to redo the FW update, no luck - the unit is bricked when using the Assistant 2.

I am currently trying the old-school method of updating the FW via a microSD card in the X5 - we'll see how it goes after the monotonous beeping stops from all the ESCs and the X5.

Please fix your software and FW updating process to ensure we don't end up with a mantle piece - especially when we rely on this platform for commercial mapping and inspection work.
2016-5-15
Use props
philm
New

United States

philm Posted at 2016-5-15 09:36
DJI - Please realize that even the latest version of your Assistant 2 FW updater KILLS the M100 in s ...

Old school way of FW update works with X5 / microSD and FW package
2016-5-15
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-24 08:59
Hey,
How was it going about your trying?
I hope you've solved your problem.

I was obliged to send the RC to your European technical center . 20 days after, it works now.
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Geronimo13 Posted at 2016-5-21 01:44
I was obliged to send the RC to your European technical center . 20 days after, it works  ...

Thanks for your post.
Glad that your RC works again.

If it's necessary, our support team would suggest our customers to return the unit for repair.
I'd beg your pardon if there's any inconvenience caused.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

philm Posted at 2016-5-15 23:36
DJI - Please realize that even the latest version of your Assistant 2 FW updater KILLS the M100 in s ...

Thanks for your feedback.
Our engineers managed to fix the issue as soon as the problem was discovered.
The temporary solution was provided in hope of helping all the influenced users to solve their troubles.

2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

averville@kildi Posted at 2016-5-12 20:16
I finally made it. For others that may put themselves in the same situation, here is what I would  ...

Thanks for your feedback.
Your experience sharing will definitely help our other clients to avoid or solve some issues.
2016-5-24
Use props
UAVInternationa
lvl.1

Netherlands

I also made the mistake to update a Matrice 100 using the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2: complete softwarecrash.LED indicator stops, no connection with the RC.
Reading this threadafter looking foor help, I've now installed a X3 gimbal and tried to load the latest software version.

========= 2016.06.18 16:00:04 =====================
Packet: MATRICE100_FW_V01.03.01.00.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

The same as I tried to load the older softwareversion.

Why does the RPA gives this faultindication, when on the DJI Go app the message latest softwareversion installed appears???

But at least there is any activity in the RPA: it connects again with the RC but shows the following messages:
- LED indicator lit red;
- on the DJI GO app: a red indication says: CANNOT TAKE OFF
- when trying to start the motors: indication ESC Status Error. Turn off the aircraft and restart. Contact DJI support if this continues.

Can anybody help me with this ESC-problem?

Bytheway: I'm not a software-genius..... so keep it simple.
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

UAVInternationa Posted at 2016-6-19 00:32
I also made the mistake to update a Matrice 100 using the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2: com ...

Hello.
Could you please tell me your current firmware version?
After your attempts to upgrade the firmware, what's the phenomenon? Did the ESC beep?

More details would be appreciated.
Wait for your reply.
2016-6-18
Use props
UAVInternationa
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello Adela,

I don't know the current firmware version. The Matrice is brandnew. I tried to update to v1.3.1.0 with the gimbal attached, but a message in the sd-card said: update failed. Led indicator is red.
When I activate the RC and the RPA and try to take off, the message ESC appears.

Koos
2016-6-19
Use props
UAVInternationa
lvl.1

Netherlands

Adela,

I now see that your message was 11 hours ago, so there is some time-difference....
The sound the RPA makes during attempt  to update and when it is actived with the RC is the same: Biep-Biep-Biep.....

Story:
- after receiving the Matrice last week, I assembled it without a gimbal (gimbalset 2 was not delivered yet). After activating the system (RC + RPA + DJI GO app), the LED was flashing yellow and in the GO-app was a message to update the software.
- first I updated the RC with the DJI GO-app: succesful.
- not having a gimbalconnection, I downloaded the DJI Assistent 2. Connected my PC with the RPA and started up the RPA. Immediately the available softwareversions were displayed and I selected the latest version (v1.3.1.00 dated 2016.04.13). After this the update was in progress. Reaching the 100% the message was displayed: update failed, 0c00 Esc(0) device is not connected! Note: Restart the device before updating the firmware.
- starting up the system there was no flashing LED at all and beeps coming from different sides of the RPA. No connection to the RC.
- after receiving the gimbalkit and the gimbal (Zenmuse X3) I updated the RPA with the softwareversion on the site: Firmware update package (Zenmuse X3) v1.3.1.00.
- after more than 1 hour, no indication beep that the software was succesfully updated, I stopped the proces. The file in the sd-card had the message:
========= 2016.06.18 16:00:04 =====================
Packet: MATRICE100_FW_V01.03.01.00.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade t-he firmware again.

- several attemps, no succes, but the LED was now active (red), the RPA beeps, and I could connect the RC again.
- message on the DJI Go app in Overall status: MC connection to center board failed. Restart aircraft. Contact ....
- update again: 3 messages in Overall status: Aircraft update error. Retry with proper upgrade steps. ESC Status error.
- update again: 1 message: ESC Status eeror.
- trying to start the Matrice (automatic take of and start): message is shown: ESC Status Error . Turn off etc

I've checked, rechecked and double-checked  all connections on the main-board of the flightcontroller: everything seems to be connected.

Enough information I hope?

Koos
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

UAVInternationa Posted at 2016-6-20 03:57
Adela,

I now see that your message was 11 hours ago, so there is some time-difference....

Hello.
Thanks for your detail information.
Have you followed the firmware upgrade guidelines? In case you haven't read through the guidelines, please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... mware_en_160304.pdf

If the firmware upgrade is not successful, I'm afraid we have to fix the upgrade firstly. Please try to re-upgrade the firmware by following the official guidelines.
Any further feedback would be appreciated.
We'll wait for your reply.
2016-6-19
Use props
UAVInternationa
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-20 09:28
Hello.
Thanks for your detail information.
Have you followed the firmware upgrade guidelines? In  ...

Update was done by the instructions on your site.
I decided to bring the system back to the store (Droneland). We will see what they find, keep you informed.

Koos
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

UAVInternationa Posted at 2016-6-21 19:20
Update was done by the instructions on your site.
I decided to bring the system back to the store  ...

Hello.
Any further update would be appreciated.

Hope you've got your drone fixed.
2016-6-27
Use props
imthiyazali232
New
United Arab Emirates

RE: Matrice 100 Topology Error

Hi - After updating the firmware i get the topology error in DJI GO App and my Esc's doesn't turn ON
Aircraft LED Light turns to Solid RED
Can anyone help me to solve this problem
2016-8-1
Use props
fans59c77742
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518921 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-21 02:45
Hi,
Please download the M100 N1 Assistant 3.4.4.exe at : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzbtqcryh3dj16m/M100_N1_Assistant_3.4.4_Installer.exe?dl=0

tried to use the EXE you provided but it wont accept my email and password. Even tried to create a new account with no luck
2017-1-6
Use props
Sarunas7
New

Lithuania

Assembled M100. Started DJI N1-Assistant_3.4.4. It's suggesting to upgrade firmware, but to earliest version. So I do so? Picture attached.
firmware
2017-6-21
Use props
fansb086653c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1148 ft
Colombia

Hello, i have got the same problem like Sarunas7, the N1 Assistant is suggesting me to upgrade an earliest version , for example,   the Firmware  Flight Controller is at the moment in 3.1.6  Version and is telling me that the latest version is 2.3.2 , i have the same problem with the Intelligent flight Battery actual Firmware is 3.10.0 and the N1 wants me to upgrade it to the version 3.7.15 that i thing is an older version, also is happens in all the ESC Firmware current version is 1.12.0 and wants me to upgrade it to 1.9.0 version.
Some one can explain us whats going on here PLEASE.
Thanks in advance for your help.
2017-9-29
Use props
JohnnyDronny
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi everyone,

Can you send me the M100 repair .exe?

Here what is going on:
I was doing my job and in my 4 th flight my Matrice 100 just couldn't connect to the camera. It was showing this menssage: "Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data". But the strange thing was that the DJI Go was showing what the camera was filming, but was no control on Gimbal.
So I tried to do many things and the last was to upgrade the firmware, but now wen I conect to my drone I just can't see inforrmations about the battery or about the aircraft.

Thanks.
2017-10-27
Use props
fansb086653c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1148 ft
Colombia

Hello, just to let to the support team that the web address left by Adela is not longer available in Dropbox, would be excellent and very helpful if some one from the DJI staff help us and giving us a solution in order to get the N1 ASSISTANT SOFTWARE, as you (staff) already know , many people that got your M100 are getting problems with the new  software (DJI ASSISTANT 2) so for obviously reasons we need available all the links that used to be ready to download on this thread.
Thanks in advance for your help and for understand that  we need your support in order to do our job with ours birds.
2017-10-29
Use props
RobF001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55899 ft

United Kingdom

I agree, would be useful to have the repair files for those that are still having issues with the matrice and assitant 2 to have the repair file available.

Further to this, is it possible to connect the remote to the aircraft to perform an update from the remote?
2017-10-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules