H3-3D dead.
2241 12 2014-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trevon
New

United States

I've attempted the reset with tweezers & update to newest software, but only serves to make the gimbal disappear from the DJI computer software (still shows green light on the gimbal).  

The gimbal was also suffering from a non-level issue just before it bricked.  

Return it, or is there anything else I could try?

2014-12-3
Use props
steefswt
New

Netherlands

I have the same problem . yesterday my sins zenmuse do nothing. is no longer visible in the Assistant software.

what can we do here ?
2014-12-6
Use props
ben
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I wouldn't hang around here for an answer from DJI. It won't happen. Return the unit to your dealer and they will return it to DJI for repair.

I speak from recent experience...
2014-12-6
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Keep trying the "reset by tweezer" method.

I had to do the same thing. Power up while touching the two spots on the gimbal plate. Green light would turn to amber and gimbal shows up in Assistant Software with firmware 0.0. I'd download and install the firmware, power cycle and the  gimbal wouldn't start dancing or show up in Assistant Software! I did this exact procedure 3 times and for some crazy reason it worked the 3rd time. Gimbal is working now.  

BEFORE YOU POWER ON to do the proceedure: Make sure the Phantom is connected via USB to your computer and the Assistant Software is running. Make sure a solid connection is established at the two points with the tweezers. Now you (or someone else helping you) can power the Phantom on.

When the light turns from green to amber/red it's done. Takes a split second. You can let go of the connection with the tweezers but DO NOT disconnect the USB or power cycle yet. The gimbal should show up now in the updates list. Immediately download and update the firmware, power cycle and cross your fingers. When you power cycle the gimbal should start it's dance and show up in the Assistant Software's list. I had to do this 3 times but it did finally worked. I don't know why. I did EVERYTHING exactly the same way each time. Got the green to red light, update firmware etc. BUT it worked

Good luck.

2014-12-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fhagan02, you are correct.  The key is not to power cycle the unit after the reset.  Thank you.
2014-12-7
Use props
paul.houang
New

Brazil

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-8 03:38
Fhagan02, you are correct.  The key is not to power cycle the unit after the reset.  Thank you.

Can you please explain the exact procedure? I have the same problem described here, and have been reseting the gimbal with no results. Thank you.
2014-12-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please look at this video.  It will explain the procedure.

http://youtu.be/knVigBCbVzU
2014-12-8
Use props
paul.houang
New

Brazil

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2014-12-7 14:07
Keep trying the "reset by tweezer" method.

I had to do the same thing. Power up while touching the  ...

When in the procedure do you connect the Go Pro?
2014-12-8
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

paul.houang@ter Posted at 2014-12-9 15:05
When in the procedure do you connect the Go Pro?

Watch the video posted above by Tahoe_Ed?
You connect the GoPro after the firmware update is complete and the assistant software tells you to power cycle. Obviously you NEVER want to turn on the Phantom/Zenmuse without a camera in the gimbal. If the reset and firmware flash is successful you'll know right away as the gimbal will do it's normal dance when you power up. If it doesn't start its dance it likely won't appear in the assistant software either. So keep trying. As I mentioned above, it took me 3 times and magically the 3rd time worked. Stressful but after a 10 minute span I had a working gimbal and 150 new gray hairs! Go figure.

2014-12-9
Use props
paul.houang
New

Brazil

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2014-12-10 02:02
Watch the video posted above by Tahoe_Ed?
You connect the GoPro after the firmware update is compl ...

It worked !!! At the trial number 4 ! I do not know if it helped but I made an advanced IMU calibration before updating the Gimbal firmware. Thank you a lot for sharing your experience !! It was really great.
2014-12-9
Use props
paul.houang
New

Brazil

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-9 09:24
Please look at this video.  It will explain the procedure.

http://youtu.be/knVigBCbVzU

Thank You ! Gimbal is working again !
2014-12-9
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

paul.houang@ter Posted at 2014-12-10 05:20
It worked !!! At the trial number 4 ! I do not know if it helped but I made an advanced IMU calibr ...

Very cool. The stress level of having your gimbal go dead is right up there with getting fired at your job or moving! Glad all is right with the world.
2014-12-10
Use props
bricev
New

Australia

This is the solution that worked for me to finally get my gimbal's firmware update to take, thanks to mg1029:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... tid=866&lang=en

"(follow the steps above to reset the firmware...when the upgrade is finished with the message:

>>Upgrade success! Powercycle! OK

DONOT click the OK button on the Assistant SW.
Instead, power off the P2.
Then install the GoPro camera/plug the USB cable.

Power up the P2 and voila!!! the H3-3D is revived."
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules