12345Next >
9811 190 2015-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294777 ft
United States

So I was wondering How many P3s people Own.

Which Phantom 3 Do you Own?

Single SelectVote, Total 937 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I just have this one, awesome Phantom 3 Pro... ;-)
It makes me extremely happy. Just wishing everyone here, could have this marvelous experience.

It truly is a blessing, to have a Phantom 3, that works... Out of the box.

PS: I presently have 4 intelligent flight batteries, & one 100w charger.
And then there were two. ;-)
I bought a second 100w charger.

RedHotPoker

2015-8-13
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

My advanced has worked perfectly outta the box as well, have also updated the firmware very soon after each release. Guess I'm doing something right.
2015-8-13
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-14 03:53
It makes me extremely happy. Just wishing everyon ...

I have to agree.  I sometimes have almost survivor's guilt because my P3P has been so flawless.  I finally found the tiniest of hairline stress cracks around one screw, and was like, "YES, now I can stop feeling so guilty."

But I agree 1000%, I really wish everyone could experience a flawless machine.  And I truly feel for those with any issues.  Try your best to ride out the storm, cause in the end, you'll be happy you did.
2015-8-13
Use props
Little132
lvl.2

United States

My P3P worked flawless out of the box as well.
2015-8-13
Use props
wrigkl
New

United States

Even a dumb old man has no problems.
2015-8-13
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

Again , like the others , mine works great , wish everyone's phantom was working without problems .  
2015-8-13
Use props
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
United States

hmm.... seems like more people own the pro that the advanced. I myself have the advanced.
2015-8-13
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

Haven't had any issues with mine either (apart from pilot error).
2015-8-13
Use props
biiktor
New

United States

I just got the Standard. My P3 Pro was downed by a bird and it couldn't be fixed. I didn't want to spend another $1,300.
2015-8-13
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

I know there's only 45 votes so far, but I'm surprised at the almost 50/50 split between the Pro and Adv.  If I remember right, a survey was done early on, and the Pro far outweighed the Adv.

I'm interested to see where this ends up.
2015-8-13
Use props
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-14 08:12
I know there's only 45 votes so far, but I'm surprised at the almost 50/50 split between the Pro and ...

That's why I created this poll
2015-8-13
Use props
BuyDji.ca
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Pro all the way!

Some challenges here and there but thanks to the community, this thing freaking awesome.

2015-8-13
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

P3P x2.  No issues with either, except the first one due to pilot error.  
2015-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Gabe R Posted at 2015-8-14 05:07
My advanced has worked perfectly outta the box as well, have also updated the firmware very soon aft ...

After having such a pleasant experience right up front, I was a bit concerned about further updates, and the what if?? What if I get the mysterious and sometimes fatal Phantom Infection from an innocent Firmware update? So far, knock on teak, all is well. The Go App has been a cool ride and all firmware updates have loaded correctly and responded appropriately in flight. Yes, it's a mystery to me, how most of us have not any problems, and others seem to be riddled with errors and problematic flight patterns. How is this unbalance, possible? Certainly not fair, considering the relative high cost of these hobby grade models.
So yes, I feel fortunate to be on the winning side, with home field advantage.

I also wished to send my positive thoughts and prayers to all the victims and lost souls of the horrible explosions and fires in China this week. Very sad to see such devastation.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-13
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

amen, brother
2015-8-13
Use props
deanO Aussie
lvl.2
Australia

P3P for me and now i have an ipad mini 3 i get no more error messages.  Very happy
2015-8-13
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Agreed,  maybe like me you don't fiddle ;)
2015-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

No, definitely not into fiddling here.
Yamaha Motif XF8. ;-)

But yeah, not into screwing with it either...

RedHotPoker
2015-8-13
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

My P3p has been working flawless also.  I sure would like to see how many Pro's versus Adv. are having trouble.

I really get aggravated at posts that just say "My Phantom3 won't work please help" Now we have a third Phantom in the mix with the Standard. It would help us all to diagnose a problem with all the facts.
2015-8-14
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

Lil' Outdoo Posted at 2015-8-14 06:27
hmm.... seems like more people own the pro that the advanced. I myself have the advanced.

i'm an advanced owner..that worked perfectly out of the box....just before the updating firmware.....
2015-8-14
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gabe R Posted at 2015-8-14 05:07
My advanced has worked perfectly outta the box as well, have also updated the firmware very soon aft ...

Do you know anything about a new release stating to do the controller through the iPad Pilot Program vs. the Micro SD Card?
2015-8-14
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-14 05:07
I have to agree.  I sometimes have almost survivor's guilt because my P3P has been so flawless.  I ...

Put a drop of CA Glue on the crack and that will keep it from extending. The screw was probably over tightened somewhere along the line?
2015-8-14
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Two P3A's.  "No issues with either, except the first one due to pilot error. " Same here.
Was thinking of adding an Inspire 1, but will wait to see if one lands under my Christmas  Tree.
2015-8-14
Use props
sdavis1974
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219170 ft
United States

Same here, 40 flawless flights, and no issues updating or anything else, only slight video lag when battery gets low.
2015-8-14
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

P3 Advanced, mainly because I have no audience nor software nor computer power to handle editing of 4K video, nor will my TV or monitors take advantage of the extra resolution. 1080p is quite beautiful on a big screen as is, thank you very much! Ha
2015-8-14
Use props
knighttoday
New

United States

I have the Advanced model and have had no difficulty at all. With that said, so far I have been manually flying it. Felt safer. But I think the device itself is great and a wonderful introduction to 'photography from above'.
2015-8-14
Use props
jayceew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9491 ft
United States

I'm an Advanced owner. Love it, no problems. Using pilot on Nextbook ares 8 . Have not done the latest Update yet. Waiting to see the reviews for a week or 2.
2015-8-15
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, I am on my second new DJI Phantom 3 and the replacement one won't work either!! !his is really getting old!!!
2015-8-15
Use props
grendel
lvl.1

United States

Love my P3P!  It takes such great videos and is incredibly stable in the air.  My old FC40 bounced around so much that the videos were usually worthless except for screen grabs.  I just wish the Android App was as good as the aircraft.
2015-8-15
Use props
dmoerman
lvl.1

United States

I am brand new to my Advanced.  Had my first flight today; 5 feet up; hover, land. Terrific.  Only one problem.  The "quick start" guide says (part 7, step 6, that the Pilot app will guide you thru calibrating the compass. But I couldn't find any way to do that.  I think it's different than in the quick start guide.  I'll try it again (once it cools off a bit outside; to hot for me),  And advise on differences between the latest firmware (dated yesterday!) and the manual would be much appreciated.
2015-8-16
Use props
dmoerman
lvl.1

United States

colin.buckle Posted at 2015-8-14 08:09
Haven't had any issues with mine either (apart from pilot error).

I've come to understand that "pilot error" thing pretty well! But I'm loving every minute of it. Yesterday  I took a lovely  video of our solar array; bird's eye view is better than from the ground!!
2015-8-23
Use props
philipcarlson
lvl.1

United States

My P3S comes tomorrow (ups says) I can't wait, I've been reading this GREAT forum for a month now. You are all a GREAT wealth of information, THANK YOU!!
2015-8-23
Use props
daryl
New

Ukraine

Thank you all for sharing information! I`ve been reading this forum for long time and also this guide about DJI Phantom 3 http://flying-drones.expert/category/models . I decided to buy Phantom 3 Pro!!!
2015-8-24
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

P3P with two batteries...worked perfectly right out of the box!!   I am extremely happy with the purchase!!!
2015-8-25
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

the same as SpunOne69, P3P with 2 batteries.
also happy with the purchase.
2015-8-25
Use props
Tmancal59
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-13 12:53

I guess I am the only one having a problem flying out of the box. After trying to install the new updates, my model wont turn on, it just beeps fast with no lights. I have to take it back monday to where I bought it and see if they help me get flying, CAN'T WAIT!
2015-8-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully, they can figure it out, or exchange it, and get you up up and away...

You will be amazed.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-29
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

Do we get paid for this survey ???????????
2015-8-30
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

philipcarlson@m Posted at 2015-8-24 03:22
My P3S comes tomorrow (ups says) I can't wait, I've been reading this GREAT forum for a month now. Y ...

Nice!! big learning curve was for me, and I am still climbling.. But goood fun !
2015-8-30
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules