55396 28 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The below was posted by Tahoe Ed over at RCGroups regarding tissues some are having updating the teo different controller versions for the Phantom 3..

Issues on updating the remote controller and corresponding solutions

GL 300A:
Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First: The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.

Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second: The app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.

Solution: Please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Third:
The remote controller won’t update any ways.

Solution: The 1.2.0 Android app has this bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app will solve this bug. (Many more remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Buy all your P3 goodies direct from DJI
Spare Batteries - Charging HubCarbonPropsHDMI Module
Hardshell BackpackProp GuardsNDFilters

2015-8-16
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

So, my controller is a B model that doesn't have the latest FW but will not update. I was under the impression that it didn't need it. Are you saying an imminent release of the Android GO app will remedy this issue?
2015-8-17
Use props
Andrewsokolovic
lvl.2

Canada

yes, it has. My rc(b) updated via the app flawlessly the day go was released. Did you try it yet AlmostTan?
2015-8-17
Use props
ebmaurer
New

Portugal

I tried the reset as you said on my B controller but nothing happened and also the update wasn't successful afterwards through DJI Go v2.4.0, it did stay on 0% and it shows 'Previous version - unknown'.
Any help?
2015-10-30
Use props
fazilovmuhri
New
  • >>>
United States

Hi,
I also have B Model RC, but my problem is a bit different. When I turn on my RC, the LED light is like a sky-blue.
I tried to make a link with P3-A no result, + also couldn't make an upgrade the FW.
Any Help?
2015-11-2
Use props
beconghomthit
New

Vietnam

ebmaurer Posted at 2015-10-31 03:31
I tried the reset as you said on my B controller but nothing happened and also the update wasn't suc ...

try again with android device.Im had same problem and success after try again with android device.(Note 3)
2015-11-2
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Sploodge Have you or anyone found a way to rollback the RC firmware to 1.3.20?

I had updated to 1.4.30 and after i got Poor signal quality....
You seem to be the go to guy here with lots of answers.
Id like to get my P3P back to normal.
2015-11-2
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

You can downgrade to the previus version, just run the downgrade as if you upgrade but then with the olders version, thats wy i dont upgrade so quick, i Always look for problems first on the forum.
I started to be verry sceptical about updates from DJI, the always have bugs, i dont now wy but that is the case, as long if there is no major reason for example the hight limit or able to program the waypoints on the ground and able to go further than 500 meters there wil be no reason for my to update if my bird is flying flawlessly..
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-11-3 05:37
You can downgrade to the previus version, just run the downgrade as if you upgrade but then with the ...

I agree I didn't want to jump right in either, but I was reading on here that people had success with the updates.
Well I have successfully rolled back the bird and the app, but I have had no luck in getting the remote to roll back.

Anyone have any ideas?
Does dji Dave have any word on a release or bug fix for upgrades?
2015-11-3
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Can,t you not just do a clean install on the older firmware? do a format on your SD card an then put the older version only on the card and put it in the USB port of your controller and let it run again
in the end the only new thing with the new firmware is something with the buttons beneath your controller? who cares?
2015-11-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I've read somewhere on this forum that the 300B models will not update via SD/USB once the new firmware is installed?  Is this true?
2015-11-3
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

I don't know, i have the first one out in may, but i don't care, i am happy the way my drone fly's now and i am planning to keep it that way, so no update's for me unless the bird won't fly annymore  :-)
I'll fly with the software from august, so no way points etc. as long DJI won't chance there polici i don't need this toys, so my advice don't chance something that works fine, you could do only more damage to your drone than good
2015-11-3
Use props
RozBujnik
lvl.2

Canada

I understand that there is a way to downgrade remote controller firmware by wiping it and reinstalling clean bin, as talked about at below link, but have yet to try it: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -rc-firmware.57702/
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

RozBujnik Posted at 2015-11-3 12:50
I understand that there is a way to downgrade remote controller firmware by wiping it and reinstalli ...

Don't do it most of the guys said it bricked the RC or just didn't work
2015-11-3
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Annyway its bad for you ajinop hope you wil be able to fix it..
2015-11-4
Use props
RozBujnik
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks ajinop!
2015-11-6
Use props
jcole1639
New

United States

Just wanted to throw my problem in here. New P3, firmware version 1.1.9, GL300B controller with version 1.2.6. As I have been reading you can't update the 300B with an sd card or any other method using transfer method from media cards, only through the DJI Go app. My question is , has anyone tried to update the controller with my version of firmware to the 1.4 version using the Go app? Have read many posts but have not seen anyone who has tried to upgrade without their controller already on the  1.3 version. I am using an iPad air with ios 9.1. Thanks J.

2015-11-15
Use props
Hawks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

jcole1639 Posted at 2015-11-16 01:16
Just wanted to throw my problem in here. New P3, firmware version 1.1.9, GL300B controller with vers ...

Hi.
I have the A model.
It won't connect to the bird.
It connects as a media device to my samsung note.
My older remote B model connects as a usb device and connects to the bird.
Both have the same firmware.
How can i change A model to connect as a usb device.
Graham.
2015-12-5
Use props
deanward
lvl.1

United States

Hi Sploodge, Could you help.
I have a Phantom Advanced that had great range and flew perfect.
The 1.50 update came out and I went through the procedure flawless.
I powered up everything and I get a message "latest version firmware" that's good right ?
The video transmission comes through but I get a scrolling message " transmission signal weak"
And it is, it will cut out at 50 feet away.
I should of never updated.

What can I do to correct this??
Please help
2015-12-7
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

deanward@charte Posted at 2015-12-7 21:20
Hi Sploodge, Could you help.
I have a Phantom Advanced that had great range and flew perfect.
The 1. ...

I had a similar problem and two runs of IMU calibration after I upgraded firmware seemed to fix it.
2016-1-10
Use props
Phil L.
New

United States

I was having the hardest time getting the remote controller for my DJI Phantom 3 Professional updated.  I hadn't flown the drone for awhile and the app kept telling me that the controller (which was on the v1.1.8 firmware) needed updating.  I tried applying the latest firmware 1.10.90 via USB/SD <and> via the USB cable to the main body, no dice!!  When I booted the controller with the USB stick/cable connected, the LED just stayed red.  I then tried applying the 1.3.2 firmware to the remote.  Still wouldn't take.  I thought it was a defective remote.  However, I came across an online article while doing all sorts of Google searches that suggested applying the 1.2.6 firmware first, then going to the 1.3.2 firmware.  Problem was, I couldn't find the 1.2.6 firmware on the DJI site.  After a little searching, I found this site:

Link to archived firmware

I downloaded the 1.2.6 firmware, put it on a USB stick, stuck it in the remote, and booted the remote up.  The red LED stayed on for a few seconds, and then suddenly, the LED changed to cyan and then to the blue LED (indicating the remote was updating).  Remote was updated successfully!!  I then put the 1.3.2 firmware on the USB stick and reperformed the update steps.  Firmware updated, booted up the DJI GO app and updated the remote via the app to the latest remote firmware.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansdbe1b416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7129 ft
  • >>>
India

my dron p4p remote gl300f  The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
2017-7-17
Use props
fansdbe1b416
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

#Quick Reply Here#I have a p4 and have a chance to buy a p4p but has no remote. Would the GL300f I use for my p4 work for the p4p
2017-7-17
Use props
fansdbe1b416
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

fansdbe1b416 Posted at 2017-7-17 02:49
#Quick Reply Here#I have a p4 and have a chance to buy a p4p but has no remote. Would the GL300f I use for my p4 work for the p4p

please help me
I have a p4 and have a chance to buy a p4p but has no remote.
Would the GL300C I use for my p4 work for the p4p
2017-7-17
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would say not as the P4P has the upgraded Lightbridge2 ?? also the P4 uses 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz and the P4Puses only 2.4Ghz
2017-7-17
Use props
biuro.cdastudio
New
Flight distance : 80656 ft
Poland

What about the GL300C?  After update does not turn on, it is dead. The lights are not lit or squealing.  I updated via iphone
APP3.1.13
REMOTE V.1.8.0
2017-7-26
Use props
Dickcrys974
New

Réunion

biuro.cdastudio Posted at 2017-7-26 23:55
What about the GL300C?  After update does not turn on, it is dead. The lights are not lit or squealing.  I updated via iphone
APP3.1.13
REMOTE V.1.8.0

Hey, My problem with my remote is that after the latest firmware update using the GoApp, the remote did all the sounds and lights, gave me a 100% done update. But after pushing it to turn on, it does not turn on anymore.

Please help me find a solution for it.

Please!!!
2017-8-1
Use props
fans7ffea593
New
Honduras

Hola amigos necesito ayuda, hice la ultima actualización al drone tengo (panthom 3 profesional) la actualizacion que esta en la pagina https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads...
ahora el control RC también hice la actualización a P3X_FW_V01.03.0020, luego que lo encendí  solo me pidió la actualización en el APP  A v1.09.0030 automáticamente tengo el control GL300A

AHORA EL PROBLEMA QUE TENGO ES QUE EL CONTROL NO RECONOCE EL DRONE AIRCRAFT NO APARECEN LAS SEÑALES NI DE MOVIL NI SATELITAL NADA...Y EL CONTROL SE QUEDO EN UN LUZ ROJA SIN PITIDO, YA LO ACTUALICE NUEVAMENTE ESTO 3 VECES AL IGUAL QUE EL DRONE.

E intentado actualizar el control a la ultima actualización de la pagina y nada, ya me fui al app a la parte de conectar remote controll en la cuenta regresiva y nada.
pero no se resetear la nave para dejarla de fabrica.

que alguien me ayuda please.
2018-4-9
Use props
Salvador T
lvl.2
Mexico

fans7ffea593 Posted at 2018-4-9 20:54
Hola amigos necesito ayuda, hice la ultima actualización al drone tengo (panthom 3 profesional) la actualizacion que esta en la pagina https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads...
ahora el control RC también hice la actualización a P3X_FW_V01.03.0020, luego que lo encendí  solo me pidió la actualización en el APP  A v1.09.0030 automáticamente tengo el control GL300A

Hola amigo, como pudiste solucionar este problema? El LED de mi control parpadea en rojo y verde y el control no detecta el dron ni el celular.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules