Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi all
After the first FW updates were released for the inspire, I've noticed the message in the Pilot app showing the remaining days I have to update the FW before the I1 stay "grounded"...

For the latest FW it only shows that a new FW is available without any timelimit I have to install the FW - does this mean I fly with the current FW as Long I do not feel the Need to upgrade?

I would like to stay with the FW 2.1.06 in combination with Pilot app 2.0.0 cause it's the most stable combination so far imo. But I want to avoid staying on the ground during a Job cause it says I have to update the FW first...

Cheers Florian
2015-8-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Sick absolutely sick I am so weary from this crap, These SOB's hounded me so bad on the app to upgrade  That I finally gave in and updated my 3 week old Inspire. The upgrade trashed a ESC I have an ESC error and the motors wont start.  My Inspire was perfect before.  I ordered an ESC off of Ebay, There is no way in Hades that I am going to send this in if this dosent work I will part the damn thing out on ebay.  I have been in model aircraft for over 50 years,  I have never had a hate, love relationship with a remote control device in my life.  I am surprised that someone has not sued and DJI is forced to give counseling to its customers.  Go into settings, apps and then to the program see if clearing the cashe knocks the nag off If you reload the app I dont think you will get the nag until you go back on the net to download the maps, I dont know  what to do,  I sure wish another company would come on the scene and turn these folks into the Nokia, or blackberry of the Drone world.  
2015-8-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

OMG I just read your post again, The fact that they can shut your machine off if you dont do as they say, indicates that you do not own this machine, you are only renting it, to be shut off at there discretion,  If the FAA  or the government says shut off so and so's drone it will be trashed.  If they say shut them all off they will all be shut off,  If a city government says you cant fly in the city, send request to DJI and your flying camera is grounded.  Can anyone see this.  OMG  I am definitely through, I will be building my next platform. No DJI parts what so ever. This makes me absolutely physically sick.  What else would you expect out of China and the U.S.
2015-8-17
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-18 00:41
OMG I just read your post again, The fact that they can shut your machine off if you dont do as they ...

Load your maps in your cosh and switch of fab your network on your tablet  and don't switch back on you'll never see any upgrades again am going to buy a tablet just for my inspire and then switch off wifi  if I decide to upgrade sometime I'll switch wifi back on
2015-8-17
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

thats it airplane mode and tablet just for your bird allways the best option im on FW .06 with piolt app 1.1.2 and my inspires fly like a dream......
2015-8-17
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

ageelectrical Posted at 2015-8-18 08:19
Load your maps in your cosh and switch of fab your network on your tablet  and don't switch back o ...

thats what I do - but I got online two days ago by mistake and now the app Shows that there are updates available - Not sure if I'll get forced to update soon even I'dont go online again...?
2015-8-17
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Heliflo Posted at 2015-8-18 13:15
thats what I do - but I got online two days ago by mistake and now the app Shows that there are up ...

Make sure that the file that comes with your inspire is backed  up on your October so you have the original file  its on your SIM card inter camera also if you have the original manual keep a paper copy as you will not be able to get these files back you may wish to reinstall sometime in the fetcher also do not upgrade your app if possible  worth just keeping just in case
2015-8-19
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Heliflo Posted at 2015-8-18 13:15
thats what I do - but I got online two days ago by mistake and now the app Shows that there are up ...

Make sure that the file that comes with your inspire is backed  up on your October so you have the original file  its on your SIM card inter camera also if you have the original manual keep a paper copy as you will not be able to get these files back you may wish to reinstall sometime in the fetcher also do not upgrade your app if possible  worth just keeping just in case
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules