17341 23 2015-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I hope someone can help...

I got my P3A today and have followed all the instructions, read the manual (twice), watched all the "how to" vids, but my remote controller will not update firmware.

I put the usb stick containing the .bin file in, switched it on and it just does nothing. The red light stays on and after a couple of minutes I get a beep-beep sound

(The P3 itself updated fine)

2015-8-17
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

did you remove the .txt files that the p3 update wrote into the sd card before trying the tx firmware update ??
2015-8-17
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

jh99, try installing the firmware exactly like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-17
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chris@chris-hil Posted at 2015-8-18 03:06
did you remove the .txt files that the p3 update wrote into the sd card before trying the tx firmwar ...

I copied the .bin file onto an sd card (which I used on the P3) and copied the same .bin file onto a usb stick.

I then used the usb stick to try and update the firmware on the RC.

Does this make a difference from using a sd/usb adapter?
2015-8-17
Use props
skeley68
lvl.1

United States

The RC Controller should update through the app itself now. Go to settings and see if it states update available and click start update or upgrade.
2015-8-17
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I can't get the app to run either.

But I thought that was because the firmware was out of date. Is that right?

2015-8-17
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

skeley68 Posted at 2015-8-18 03:20
The RC Controller should update through the app itself now. Go to settings and see if it states upda ...

I had to update mine by putting the SD card with the BIN in my P3P, connected a cable from the controller USB to the connector just above the camera and powered both up. The controller then updated. Did not work with a USB adapter or with the App.
2015-8-17
Use props
skeley68
lvl.1

United States

jh99 Posted at 2015-8-18 03:30
I can't get the app to run either.

But I thought that was because the firmware was out of date. Is ...

Are you using Mac or Android? I know with Android I had to enable usb debugging in the device settings for it to work properly. However I also read that some folks had to disable that to get theirs to run properly.
2015-8-17
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

skeley68 Posted at 2015-8-18 04:05
Are you using Mac or Android? I know with Android I had to enable usb debugging in the device sett ...

I've tried both ipad mini and samsung galaxy s5 mini.
It just says "connect your aircraft" and yet the green light is on the rc and I can move the gimble up and down - but that's it

But I'm not sure if it's not working because firmware won't update.
2015-8-17
Use props
skeley68
lvl.1

United States

I know the app isn't compatible with ipad mini gen 1, not sure about galaxy s5 mini I know the S5 is good to go. I'm using the Samsung - Galaxy Tab 4 - 7" and had to enable the usb debugging mode to get it working properly.
2015-8-17
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I'm getting really stressed about all this now so I'm going to leave for tonight and start afresh tomorrow.

If I've done something wrong or in the wrong order is there a way to restore everything ans start again?
2015-8-17
Use props
rob.livezi
New

Indonesia

jh99 Posted at 2015-8-18 04:25
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I'm getting really stressed about all this now so I'm going to ...

jh, don't stress. I had no end of trouble upgrading my P3P and remote. I had to retry several times, reformat my SD card and copy the firmware back again as the SD failed during the retries and finally succeeded in completing the upgrades. To my horror I then couldn't get any connection to my P3P, not even able to start the motors. So, I deleted the log files and started again, poured through the forum reading all the suggested fixes and now all seems well. But I await a time I can make the trek to some very clear space to test.  Thanks to all who have given so much information about the little tricks they have used to get these updates to work and good luck to all those still trying.
2015-8-18
Use props
teaman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961289 ft

United States

Just spent many days trying to update my P3 Remote Controller to 1.3.20 by putting the .bin file on the uSD card, plugging that into my card reader and connecting that to the RC, powering on, etc. It just sat there with the RED led just like you experienced.

I just decided to instead put the .bin file on a thumb drive. I made sure no other .bin and .txt files related to the P3 RC update process were on that same thumb drive. Then plugged in the thumb drive to the RC and powered it on. Voila... in seconds the BLUE led lit up, the pulsing beeps started. In about a min or two, the beeping stopped and the GREEN led came on. Powered off the RC, transferred the thumb drive to my Mac and found two new .txt files there. I read them and they said SUCCESS!! Yippee!

Hope this helps others... don't use a SD card reader and the uSD card to upgrade to 1.3.20. Use a thumb drive!
2015-8-23
Use props
jzelek1
lvl.2

United States

teaman Posted at 2015-8-24 03:29
Just spent many days trying to update my P3 Remote Controller to 1.3.20 by putting the .bin file on  ...

Hi,

I downloaded the new firmware today (9/7/15) and updated my Phantom P3 Pro. The update was successful. However, when I tried to update the controller, it failed. I first deleted the text file from the P3 update and then tried from a thumb drive. I get a message that the firmware is the same version that is currently on the controller. I then tried via the app, that did not seem to work. Finally I tried via a cable from the P3 to the controller. Same message! When I turn on the controller, run the app on my android and turn on the P3, the app says a firmware update is required. I am out of options at this point. Is there a way to actually see what version of the firmware is on the controller? Any thoughts as to why I am being prompted if the version is the latest?

Help,
Thanks
2015-9-7
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

I can't seem to get my RC to upgrade either.  To see the FW versions go to the menu on the DJI Go app--General Settings-->About.  For me, when I look at the Overall Status, I see "Normal (latest firmware)" but my aircraft is on 1.4.10, my RC is at 1.3.20 and my app is at 2.2.0.

Do we even need to upgrade to RC for this FW?
2015-9-9
Use props
kenji_jetter
lvl.1

Taiwan

My P3P updates with no problem to 1.4.10. But my RC doesn't seem to update to 1.3.20.
2015-9-10
Use props
kenji_jetter
lvl.1

Taiwan

I tried usinf the same SD card that upgrades my P3P but doesnt work. Then I tried with thumb drive which doesnt work either. The LED is always red. I tried linking my RC with go app but there is no link. Is there other ways to update firmware on the RC?
2015-9-10
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

snowride419 Posted at 2015-9-9 18:12
I can't seem to get my RC to upgrade either.  To see the FW versions go to the menu on the DJI Go ap ...

No, as per the one page release note that nobody bothers to read, if u have fe132 on rc then that's the latest fw for the rc and there is no update for it in 140001
2015-9-10
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just a quick update ....

After trying everything suggested and getting nowhere, I concluded that the RC must be faulty. After all, the setting up is not that difficult if you follow the procedure carefully, so I knew I was doing everything right.

Anyway I sent everything back under warranty and it was confirmed that the unit was faulty (much to my relief)

That was a few weeks ago and I have today received a replacement and everything works fine (although I've only tried it in my garden). Going out for a proper first flight tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
2015-9-23
Use props
Dave.G6HNI
New

United Kingdom

jh99 Posted at 2015-9-23 10:14
Just a quick update ....

After trying everything suggested and getting nowhere, I concluded that the RC must be faulty. After all, the setting up is not that difficult if you follow the procedure carefully, so I knew I was doing everything right.

I hit the same issues as above, P3A updated fine, but controller would not. I tried using the SD Card a USB Memory Stick and a direct connection to the drone, all failed to trigger the update.
But thanks to skeley68 I then tried to do it from within the DJI GO app and that worked perfectly.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans88662db5
New

United States

I'm having this exact issue. How do I know if the unit is just defective and I need to send it back or if there's just something else I need to try?

Used usb stick and nothing happened. Manual says I can put micro usb with .bin file on it into the aircraft and then connect aircraft with controller via a usb cable to update. Tried that and nothing happened.

Also, with controller connected to iPad I turn on the controller and the app is unresponsive in recognizing the controller is on
2017-3-5
Use props
fans88662db5
New

United States

Dave.G6HNI Posted at 2017-3-5 08:03
I hit the same issues as above, P3A updated fine, but controller would not. I tried using the SD Card a USB Memory Stick and a direct connection to the drone, all failed to trigger the update.
But thanks to skeley68 I then tried to do it from within the DJI GO app and that worked perfectly.

How did you do the update through the DJI GO app? I was trying to do that but when i connect the controller and turn it on, nothing happens
2017-3-5
Use props
fans5c4dc0e1
New

Brazil

Hey folks, I have read through this entire thread, but havent seen a fix that works for me. Everything was working perfectly today, but I was warned to updated my firmware. I first updated the firmware of the remote via the app. Everything went perfettly well, and it installed the firmware. But, then it couldn't read the app when I turned it back on. My app is stuck in INSPIRE RAW when in fact I have the P3 advanced. I then updated the firmware in the drone, thinking maybe now they are mismatched. Still nada! So, I decided to try and update the remote using the same file I downloaded via the DJI page to see if that was the trick. Nada. I tried every single method. different USB sticks and even connecting directly to the drone. Nada. I KNOW the remote works, it worked yesterday. Any suggestions, or is it possible the firmware installation buggered the remote?

Frustrerated. I am starting to loathe drones.
2017-7-22
Use props
Jonny Boy 7
New
United Kingdom

fans5c4dc0e1 Posted at 2017-7-22 10:35
Hey folks, I have read through this entire thread, but havent seen a fix that works for me. Everything was working perfectly today, but I was warned to updated my firmware. I first updated the firmware of the remote via the app. Everything went perfettly well, and it installed the firmware. But, then it couldn't read the app when I turned it back on. My app is stuck in INSPIRE RAW when in fact I have the P3 advanced. I then updated the firmware in the drone, thinking maybe now they are mismatched. Still nada! So, I decided to try and update the remote using the same file I downloaded via the DJI page to see if that was the trick. Nada. I tried every single method. different USB sticks and even connecting directly to the drone. Nada. I KNOW the remote works, it worked yesterday. Any suggestions, or is it possible the firmware installation buggered the remote?

Frustrerated. I am starting to loathe drones.

Is your remote turning on and showing signs of power (IE LEDs)?  After a recent firmware update, mine is completely non responsive.  No idea on a fix though, sorry.  
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules