Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't set waypoints with Iphone 6 HELP
1840 11 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Playersmarkus
New

United States

Doing the right swipe to access the auto flight mode in my app worked perfectly on my Iphone 5s. With my new Iphone 6 I can swipe to the right, the map appears, but it doesn't let me set any waypoints. Same with the Ipad Air. So, yes, I set permissions to allow Auto flight, I can get to the screen, but then I can't set waypoints. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Markus
2014-9-22
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had you previously been successful with the iPad Air? I can't speak to the iPhone 6, but my iPad Air w/ Retina is allowing waypoint flying. Best of luck, keep us posted!
2014-9-22
Use props
Playersmarkus
New

United States

Tony,
yes,I tried it on the Ipad and it's just not reacting to the screen input. So whenever I try to "place" a waypoint by touching the screen...nothing happens. I tried switching from map to satellite or hybrid, but it didn't make a difference either. Same on my Iphone 6. I'm running IOS7 on my Ipad and IOS8 on my Iphone.
2014-9-22
Use props
Tazdevil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

no problem wiith my ipad 4 mini and ios8

64 byte proc problem maybe the dji application is not fully compatible ?, just an idea....
2014-9-22
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Try reinstalling the app. I'm running IOS8 but don't have the Iphone 6 yet. I have IOS8 on all my devices so far so good. Good luck, let us know if you find a solution. Because as soon as the Iphone 6 plus is available i'm going to get one.
2014-9-22
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I'm running the iOs8 and i used the app this weekend and worked perfect!
2014-9-22
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Now my iPad Mini running iOS8 is working, but not adding waypoints. I swear this worked the day I updated to iOS8, but it is not working now. Going to run a few more tests, like with iPhone 5s and see if it's isolated. Guess I'll uninstall app on iPad and reinstall to see if that works. Very strange.
2014-9-23
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-23 22:25
Now my iPad Mini running iOS8 is working, but not adding waypoints. I swear this worked the day I up ...

It's working fine now. It is possible that I didn't have 6+ satellites at the time I tried to set waypoints. Not sure if this is a factor or not. But I just tried iOS 8 on iPad Mini w/ Retina and was able to set waypoints with no problem.
2014-9-23
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-24 00:49
It's working fine now. It is possible that I didn't have 6+ satellites at the time I tried to set  ...

Pretty sure that you have to have an acceptable GPS lock to set waypoints.
Otherwise ther's no way for the waypoints to be recorded...
2014-9-23
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

I have a question about waypoints. I try it once, since i dont find the way to set the altitud before going to the first waypoint, the day i try to use it, it started flying to the waypoint and going up at the same time, in case there was a tree it would have crash with the tree since it wasnt at the altitude that i wanted.
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Simon you can set the altitude for every way point, When starting you should take it up to the desired height if there are trees and or buildings around you. Because if you don't do that from take off it will gradually gain altitude to the first waypoint. And hitting anything in it's path. So then just hit go after you reach the desired height on takeoff.

Tap on the waypoint to set altitude for all waypoints.
2014-9-24
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 03:10
Simon you can set the altitude for every way point, When starting you should take it up to the desir ...

Thanks for your reply and tip!
2014-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules