UAV Flight Planning
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I put this application together to help me plan my upcoming P3P flights.
It also shows no fly zones for the US. (sorry that is all I have available to me) and topographic mapping for most of the world.  You can use it to HELP you figure out your fail safe height.
You can change to different base maps: Aerials, USGS TOPO maps etc.

It should work fine on most browsers except small phones.  It works perfect on my iPad Mini 2.  Let me know what you think?  It starts out zoomed out.  The No Fly Zones won't turn on until you zoom in at least to the state level to keep it running fast.

"http://arcg.is/1EWHo6q"

Screenshot

Screenshot
2015-8-26
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Some of the areas I have flown are a NFZ according to that site.
If it truly was, would I still be able to fly?
2015-8-27
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-8-27 23:24
Some of the areas I have flown are a NFZ according to that site.
If it truly was, would I still be  ...

Yes, because the airport areas are 5 mile distance from the outside edges of the airport.  See the video from DJI DJI No Fly Zone Video   

Basically from about 5 miles out to 4.8 miles out (something like that) it is still 400'.  But at that point it will gradually decrease in elevation until you get to 1.5 miles from airport and at that point the limit will be 35 feet.  The aircraft should not start or take off within the 1.5 mile area though.   Also, you are suppose to notify airport if you are flying anywhere within the 5 mile area.
2015-8-27
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

It is a small county airport, I don't even think it has a tower. They are just now redoing the run ways for the first time in decades.
2015-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules