Spreading Wings with SDK?
2107 7 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
albatroz
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi,
I'm coming from an engineering company working with UAVs on R&D projects, where reliability is key for future products (DJI fits great because of the thousands of sales). But we also look for open interfaces (e.g. open source or onboard SDKs).

Due to a payload weight requirement of >= 2KG, a Matrice 100 with SDK is not an option.

My question is: Is it possible in any way to integrate DJI SDK (onboard) with the Spreading Wings family, officially or 'hacking' the hardware somehow? Has anyone ever tried that?

Thank you very much!
2015-8-27
Use props
SR11
lvl.1

Australia

I am also interested
2015-9-13
Use props
eiegroup
New

Italy

I'm very interested too!
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

eiegroup Posted at 2017-2-10 03:46
I'm very interested too!

You can use the Spreading Wings frames with the A3 or N3 flight controller, which support onboard SDK. If you're just starting to acquire parts, then you might want to look into a M600 since it's somewhat all inclusive for the exception of the camera.
2017-2-10
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I got an N3 on my S900 with LB2 so the answer is yes you can.
2017-2-11
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

Of course you can use A3 + LB2 or N3 + LB2 on S900, S1000 or almost any other frame.

BUT: If you plan to use X3 or X5 on that platform, you currently will not be able to use the Onboard SDK in combination with the Mobile SDK. In that case the Mobile SDK detects the aircraft as an Inspire 1 or Inspire 1 Pro and will refuse to enable functions like the data transparent tranmission or even reading the battery level. Ths means, DJI currently forces you to use 3rd party gimbals and 3rd party cameras at the moment, if you plan to use Onboard SDK + Mobile SDK. That's the point where you realize the lack of mapping F-Ports to the RC's controls and where currently DJI forces you to buy the Channel Expansion Kit or a solution like this:
2017-2-15
Use props
rge99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1944744 ft
United States

It looks like the onboard SDK is compatible with the A3/N# flight controllers as well.
2017-3-4
Use props
rge99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1944744 ft
United States

It looks like the onboard SDK is compatible with the A3/N3 flight controllers as well.  Take a look at: https://developer.dji.com/onboar ... ocs/ROS/README.html
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules