What to use for 4K video editing?
4452 13 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dkpilot
lvl.1

Indonesia

So I’m new to the 4K video taking and video editing, taken videos before but never really edited anything together. I was wondering what people would recommend as a program/software that can handle 4K video and is reliable and intuitive for editing? Heard good things about Adobe of course since they seem to always be the leaders in editing software.
Specs: Windows 10 64bit, Intel i5-5200U CPU @2.20GHz, 8.0Gb Ram, Intel HD Graphics 5500 (Toshiba Satellite Laptop)

2015-9-2
Use props
christyindublin
lvl.1

Ireland

final cut pro
2015-9-3
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

He stated he has Windows......
2015-9-6
Use props
sternblend
lvl.1

Australia

watching thread

2015-9-7
Use props
christyindublin
lvl.1

Ireland

joeyjoe Posted at 2015-9-7 04:30
He stated he has Windows......

http://filmora.wondershare.com/v ... ro-for-windows.html
2015-9-9
Use props
workoner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15046 ft
Ukraine

I'm using blackmagic DaVinci resolve and Adobe Premier + Adobe AE
2015-9-11
Use props
Dkpilot
lvl.1

Indonesia

Thanks for the input guys I made the decision to go with the Director Suite 4 from Cyberlink the software is really intuitive and easy to work with and has a great layout and a bucket load of features and lots of support or their website with lots of written and video tutorials. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
2015-10-4
Use props
QaaUz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240161 ft
Denmark

I'm sitting at a similar specs machine - i5 2,5, 8gRm - nvidia630m.
4K? Forget it methinks - help if anyone can make my machine do it. Too slow for 4k.

One requires a high end graphics card and at least an i7 processer - 32g Ram. But look, the specs you can find out for an optimal setup - I think I saw this on the 'phantompilots' forum.

Software - I use DaVinci Resolume but 4k works with PowerDirector13 also - probably with others.
There's a release of vlc - 2.1.4-libde265-4 Rincewind that runs 4k but your machine, sorry, me too - it won't do well still.
I have SSDs in mine too - the biggest quickener4a slow one but this is a different issue.
I hit this wall since obtaining the P3P. Without a total upgrade from machine, screen/s...

I still can't really digest this and it's a rotten dissapointment - however, a little thought in advance on my part, and this would have been a most likely scenario -

Black Magic Design will donate the use of 'Resolve', but the studio version is blessed with a 995dolr contribution on the part of the user. It's not especially for quick editing, but it is a totally comprehensive tool - also for multiple monitors or multi segment displays. It's really fantastic and immensely powerful for colour grading a.o.
I hope this helps you from bashing your head against a wall of insufficieny in components.
2015-10-5
Use props
Dkpilot
lvl.1

Indonesia

Yea will not disagree editing 4k footage on a laptop is a bit slow but just spent $80 and got the ram boostered up to 16GB.
2015-10-7
Use props
timmdd
lvl.1

Taiwan

well I think you might chooes to compress 4K videos and then editing it with some other video editor ?
2015-10-20
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

if you can't afford a fast enough machine......and trust me....it takes a good machine to do 4k at full data rates and keep up......think about using Proxy clips.
What that means is you edit with low quality clips so the computer can deal with the files, but when the time comes to export your project, you change it over to original or optimised ones for full quality output.
The computer just uses your edit data and away it goes....easy as.
Plenty of YouTube videos around to guide you through the process..
2016-2-5
Use props
monica66
lvl.2

United States

I used Davinci Resolve 11 to edit all of my videos. And I did not meet any issue on editing before today. The problem is that I can not import 4K MOV from DJI Phantom 4 to Davinci Resolve. Finally, I need to Google and find the workflow. A little complex.
2016-7-10
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18025 ft

Adobe Premiere. Run Warp  stabilizer (If needed) while still in 4k format (takes allot of cpu & gpu unless you have all night). Than export as 1080p to do all other editing including color corrections. Unless you want to export in 4k and view in 4k,than just edit 4k video. Cool thing about 4k is you have lots of room to let warp stabilizer crop what it needs to because of large resolution of 4k.
2016-7-11
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

There are many 4K video editor software such as Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate(Windows and Mac), Final Cut Pro X (Mac), Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Windows and Mac), Sony Vegas 13(Windows and Mac), Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum(Windows and Mac).
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules