Hard reset for Phantom 3 transmitter??
62347 29 2015-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joe.resultco
New

United States

Well I hope the DJI community is more helpfull than their customer service... I have high hopes it will be.

I just recived my Phantom 3 I havent been able to fly as the transever seem to be inoperable right out of the box. heres a rundown of what im dealing with.

I received my Phantom 3 yesterday. after carefully reading the manual and assembling I was ready to power on. when syncing my tablet to the remote and drone I was informed by the DGI GO app that I needed to update firmware before I could use the plane. I carefully read the update instructions and followed the proper steps. The phantom updated without a hitch I checked the .TXT file and it confirmed success. I then tried to update the remote. The green light changed to solid blue, there was no beeping, just a blue light. It has stayed this way for hours and hours until the battery died. When I recharged and turned back on it remains solid blue with no beeping, even without the firmware disk attached. How do I fix this???

I'm guessing a hard reset is needed? is this possible??? I cant seem to finsd ay info on this , but maybe I just dont know where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2015-9-4
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure what version remote you have, but if its the B model, try the button combination in this post - http://forum.dji.com/thread-28266-1-1.html
2015-9-4
Use props
joe.resultco
New

United States

Thanks for posting

It is the 300B model. I gave it a go with no results. Maybe I'm not pushing the right buttons. c1 and c2 are obvious and of course video recording button is the button with the red dot. Not too sure about the iso adjuster though is that the dial on the right hand side. In the manual its 12 "camera settings dial" I haven't had the opportunity to fly yet so I don't know what controls ISO.
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

joe.resultco Posted at 2015-9-5 00:02
Thanks for posting

It is the 300B model. I gave it a go with no results. Maybe I'm not pushing the  ...

no video recording is on the other side, left side next to gimbal wheel
2015-9-4
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, the wheel on the right front of the controller is the ISO one.

You could try this recovery bin - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30943532&postcount=20772

Worth a try is nothing else works..

Infor on goinf it in te imahe below

2015-9-4
Use props
joe.resultco
New

United States

ok, it recognizes the transmitter, but does not prompt for a firmware update and does not recognize the drone. both are turned on, still solid blue light.
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

joe.resultco Posted at 2015-9-5 00:20
ok, it recognizes the transmitter, but does not prompt for a firmware update and does not recognize  ...

try rebinding the rc and p3, just to say you ve tried everything!! you will find it explained in the manual. its easy and quick
2015-9-4
Use props
joe.resultco
New

United States

Ok, just tried that, Phantom does not recognize the transmitter, red light on P3 blinks after being reset, transmitter light is still solid blue.....Im thinking this unit is getting sent back..:@
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

joe.resultco Posted at 2015-9-5 00:55
Ok, just tried that, Phantom does not recognize the transmitter, red light on P3 blinks after being  ...

u want to try a new FW download on a different pc and a USB Thumb drive, not an sd card and adaptor, the old usb thumb drives. i know rev B is supposed to update thru the app, but give this a shot first before giving up
2015-9-4
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-5 03:06
u want to try a new FW download on a different pc and a USB Thumb drive, not an sd card and adapto ...

Great advice never give up!  Sometimes finding out what doesn't work helps lead you to the solution.
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That sucks, but I hope that you can fix this odd radio controller glitch.
WHY that would even happen is a mystery. But there must be an easy solution, that works for you?

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
joe.resultco
New

United States

Well I'm going to troubleshoot all weekend. Im gonna figure this out! I hate sending stuff back. I just realized I was only given the quick start manual and not the actual user guide. I've downloaded a user guide and that should help with troubleshooting quite a bit. hopefully I have this cracked by Monday.
2015-9-4
Use props
iceman58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9016 ft
United States

Try this, get the latest app for your tab,hook the tab to the r/c with the tabs cable, start app, turn on r/c and see if the app recognizes your r/c and says it needs an update. If so download the update and see if controller starts updating.  PS DO NOT TURN ON THE PHANTOM    Hope this works for you, it did mine
2015-9-4
Use props
joe.resultco
New

United States

iceman58 Posted at 2015-9-4 18:59
Try this, get the latest app for your tab,hook the tab to the r/c with the tabs cable, start app, tu ...

I got it to update! It just took what I have very little of, patience. Finally, once everything was properly plugged fo the 100th time  I got a prompt for a firmware update. I updated and was good to go. I've flown my way through three battery charges already. I love this thing!!
2015-9-7
Use props
nick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257208 ft
United Kingdom

IMU and aircraft warming up problems

had a problem the other day where my P3 took ages to warm up then it flew ok. Yesterday i was preparing the drone for a job today and it wouldnt move past the warming up notice. i looked on you tube and the advice was to get the P3 cold and then do a IMU calibration, tried that and nothing happened the aircraft just stalled doing the calibration even though it said it was doing it

ive updated all the firmware to see if that cleared the problem and it didnt

any thoughts or help appreciated. im grounded until this thing is solved

Nick
2015-12-3
Use props
gritcherd
New

Germany

nick@footprintp Posted at 2015-12-3 12:31
IMU and aircraft warming up problems

had a problem the other day where my P3 took ages to warm up t ...

hello to all,

by the way do sombody know how to make a hard reset on the P3P?
On the P2 and P2+ I know it very well, there are a nice clip on youtube but I did not found any video for the P3P, so please help.

With Regards,
R.
2015-12-8
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13104 ft
South Africa

gritcherd Posted at 2015-12-8 18:59
hello to all,

by the way do sombody know how to make a hard reset on the P3P?

Also waiting a response ....
2016-3-4
Use props
JIM AMBS
New
Flight distance : 801 ft
Canada

joe.resultco Posted at 2015-9-5 00:55
Ok, just tried that, Phantom does not recognize the transmitter, red light on P3 blinks after being  ...

I'm having the same issue emailed dji but pretty poor service
2016-3-7
Use props
admin
lvl.1

Honduras

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-4 10:16
Yeah, the wheel on the right front of the controller is the ISO one.

You could try this recovery bi ...

hello,

the link is broken.  is there a way to get that file to unbrick my phantom 3 professional to install the 1.3.20 FW?

thanjks
2016-4-4
Use props
jree80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2582877 ft
  • >>>

When I power on my RC it does not beep and the blue light next to the 4 white power lights is not lit up and wont connect to my p3p what is wrong with my Rc
2016-7-17
Use props
russell_llc
New

United States

I purchased my P3 from a friend and the RC light is solid red and I am unable to press the reset button on the bottom of the aircraft. I cannot get the RC and the Aircraft to link. Any words of wisdom?
2016-9-21
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

russell_llc Posted at 2016-9-21 20:42
I purchased my P3 from a friend and the RC light is solid red and I am unable to press the reset but ...

Just bought a P3P off flea bay and could not get it to pair,  upgraded,firmware on aircraft to latest version and it linked 1st time. Digging through the forum looks like the controller and aircraft firmware needs to be 'similar' to ensure success.

Also, keep the link button on the aircraft pressed for at least 3 seconds, that seemed to work, paired in about 2 seconds.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2016-9-22 00:28
Just bought a P3P off flea bay and could not get it to pair,  upgraded,firmware on aircraft to lat ...

Correct, if you update the firmware then the RC needs to be upgraded to 1.6.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

russell_llc Posted at 2016-9-21 20:42
I purchased my P3 from a friend and the RC light is solid red and I am unable to press the reset but ...

Can you explain what you mean by you cannot press the button. What happens when you attempt to press it?
You put the RC into link mode either before or after pressing the link button on the aircraft and it should link up in within a few seconds and the RC LED will turn Green.
From the Remote Controller Settings tab, tap Linking Remote controller.
If for some reason that is not working for you then you can put the RC into manual linking mode.
Diagrams are here for whichever Phantom you have.
Capture.JPG
P3P manual bind.png
2016-9-21
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I think you misread the firmware message in the go app.. It tells you you need to update but not that you need to update to fly. Mine has been giving me the I need to update my firmware for over a year now and I just ignore it
2016-9-21
Use props
russell_llc
New

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2016-9-22 01:00
I think you misread the firmware message in the go app.. It tells you you need to update but not tha ...

Thanks for responding. I don't have C1 and C2. I have S1 and S2. While the led flash on the bird the RC just beeps. Never pair.
2016-9-25
Use props
russell_llc
New

United States

I have followed the instructions to the T but nothing works.
2016-9-25
Use props
Raphael Miami
New

United States

joe.resultco Posted at 2015-9-8 01:16
I got it to update! It just took what I have very little of, patience. Finally, once everything was properly plugged fo the 100th time  I got a prompt for a firmware update. I updated and was good to go. I've flown my way through three battery charges already. I love this thing!!

Im having tbe same issue after update. Nothing I do seems to help
2016-12-25
Use props
fans5c4dc0e1
New

Brazil

Mark97564 Posted at 2016-9-21 22:00
I think you misread the firmware message in the go app.. It tells you you need to update but not that you need to update to fly. Mine has been giving me the I need to update my firmware for over a year now and I just ignore it

I should have done that. It was flying beautifully until I got the message and thought, well, they say so... now I have a paperweight. Grrrrrrrrr
2017-7-22
Use props
djiuser_PAeRjic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6276 ft
United States

I just purchased a Phantom 3 Professional (model B, I think). The person I purchased it from was able to get the camera view on his DJI Go app, so I know it is possible. I don't recall what sort of phone he was using, but I thought it was an iPhone. When I got home, I updated my iPad mini to IOS 11.2 and then downloaded the DJI Go app. I was not able to get the app to recognize the Phantom 3 Pro and just got the "How to Connect" button. At the time, it seemed the remote and the aircraft were still communicating with each other. I tried a bunch of different things mentioned on the forums. And then I tried this reset (C1, C2, record, ISO scroll + turn on). Now the remote and aircraft no longer communicate and the DJI Go app still doesn't recognize the P3 Pro. Help!!
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules