Flashing yellow & my controller won't connect!!!
5947 17 2015-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benjamincolvin1
New

United Kingdom

I have just updated my inspire, both controllers and my batteries all with a success notification on the sd card.

However now when I go to set my system up the controller doesn't see my UAV and the UAV constantly flashes a fast yellow signal.

I'm just a novice, please can someone point me in the right direction?!?

Thanks in advance
2015-9-6
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

Do you  have a Red or Green LED on your remote? If is red your RC may need to be linked to the inspire.
2015-9-6
Use props
benjamincolvin1
New

United Kingdom

btamkins Posted at 2015-9-6 20:07
Do you  have a Red or Green LED on your remote? If is red your RC may need to be linked to the inspi ...

Hi there, it is red when powering on then goes purple
2015-9-6
Use props
benjamincolvin1
New

United Kingdom

btamkins Posted at 2015-9-6 20:07
Do you  have a Red or Green LED on your remote? If is red your RC may need to be linked to the inspi ...

2015-9-6
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

The RC light is purple? I know it is red when it is not connected to the inspire, green when it is connected to the inspire as a master and blue when it is set to be a slave RC and is connected to the master. I don't think I have seen a purple led on the RC yet. Does the RC beep when you turn it on?
2015-9-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you remove the firmware file from your USB or camera SD chip?

I could be that simple

Rich
2015-9-6
Use props
benjamincolvin1
New

United Kingdom

btamkins Posted at 2015-9-6 21:32
The RC light is purple? I know it is red when it is not connected to the inspire, green when it is c ...

Yes it does beep twice when powered on
2015-9-6
Use props
benjamincolvin1
New

United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-9-6 21:44
Did you remove the firmware file from your USB or camera SD chip?

I could be that simple

Yeah I thought that maybe also but still no joy
2015-9-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

benjamincolvin1 Posted at 2015-9-6 13:51
Yeah I thought that maybe also but still no joy

Sorry to hear this....

Did you try and reinstall the firmware? Start with the inspire (leaving the remote off) Then check the log files to see if everything updated correctly. You can post the results for help

Then secondly, try and update the remote with the new firmware .... show us the log file results too.

Rich
2015-9-6
Use props
dgmultimedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216526 ft
United Kingdom

benjamincolvin1 Posted at 2015-9-6 20:10

PLEASE -Re-READ the Manual... and the " How to Upgrade the Firmware" document -

If you have 2 Controllers - you are using the wrong one...Use the one that is set to MASTER...

Otherwise if you only have ONE....
The PURPLE LED indicates that that controller is set to SLAVE mode...
Connect your Tablet and run the DJI Pilot App - set the Controller to MASTER...
you may need to follow the RE-BINDING process to connect it to the Inspire1

2015-9-6
Use props
benjamincolvin1
New

United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-7 00:12
The slave (gimbal controller) remote lights up with a purple LED when it cannot make a connection.
I ...

I do have my controller marked up master and slave however you were both correct, my master was in slave mode (i don't have a clue how that happened!) so thanks for that.

Now my SD card is saying 'formatting is suggested' which i have done several times and it is still saying this. Problem number 2 is that my unit cannot find any GPS!! And... problem number 3 is that the landing gear won't rise to put it into travel mode.

I'm at a loss to what else i can try...
2015-9-7
Use props
benjamincolvin1
New

United Kingdom

dgmultimedia@me Posted at 2015-9-7 00:11
PLEASE -Re-READ the Manual... and the " How to Upgrade the Firmware" document -

If you have 2 Con ...

I do have my controller marked up master and slave however you were both correct, my master was in slave mode (i don't have a clue how that happened!) so thanks for that.

Now my SD card is saying 'formatting is suggested' which i have done several times and it is still saying this. Problem number 2 is that my unit cannot find any GPS!! And... problem number 3 is that the landing gear won't rise to put it into travel mode.

I'm at a loss to what else i can try...
2015-9-7
Use props
dgmultimedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216526 ft
United Kingdom

benjamincolvin1 Posted at 2015-9-7 11:01
I do have my controller marked up master and slave however you were both correct, my master was in ...

Re SD card Format - suggest you put it in the Camera and use the App function FORMAT... rather than formatting it on your PC - you might be using the wrong FAT config.

Re GPS - put it OUTSIDE with a clear view of the Sky - first time it might take a while to find the Orbit data.
DO NOT put any stickers of any sort on the top of the WHITE canopy...   there is an icon just to the left of the Status Bar (Button) at the top of the screen - it should show how many Sats are available...

Putting it into Travel mode - you MUST place it on a flat smooth surface (Not a glass tabletop) preferably with a pattern of some sort - THEN trigger the Travel Mode from either the Landing gear switch on the TX ( up, down, up , down or from the APP ) and you MUST have taken the camera OFF first... Do not hold it in the air - it uses the Ultrasonic sensors to confirm that it has moved the arms so that they are level.
2015-9-7
Use props
Frankiemetie
New

Netherlands

I'm also having the same problem fast blinking yellow light on the back of the inspire after update 1.4.0.10.

Things i tried:
Formatting the usb and the sd.
Starting up with & without the gimbal attached.
Connecting the RC to the gimbal for longer period of time.
Tried to re connect the remote to the inspire.
Took out the battery for longer period putting it back in.

Status now:
Remote steady red light
Inspire fast blinking yellow light (on the backside)
No connection between RC and the Inspire

Text from RC and Inspire:
==========2015.09.07 22:19:58==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Only strange thing I see is that there is a not correct date and time stamp on the aircraft.

I hope somebody can help me, I'll keep on fighting tonight to fix it !!

Thanks !
2015-9-7
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

I need help as well. Updated my Inspire with Success, but my controller aborted. Was using a usb stick in the controller. here is what I got

==========2015.09.07 16:23:20==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.
2015-9-7
Use props
Frankiemetie
New

Netherlands

Finally !!

After different attempts to fix the problem I found my solution and I hope it will help you guys with the same problem too.
The firmware 1.4.0.10 is not an update for the remote controller, which I tried to install on the RC the first time.

After that I tried to install the 1.3.0.00 but it did not take.
When I tried a lot of other possibilities I thought as one last hail mary I formatted my usb thumb drive (FAT32) and put the 1.3.0.00 firmware on it.
Then the magic happens, blue light on & beeping like crazy  5 minutes later it all worked again !!!

So happy, tomorrow going to see the sun come up with the inspire 1 !!

Hope this helps some of you guys.
2015-9-7
Use props
JaiVighneshwar
lvl.1

Germany

The RC firmware update is prescribed to be done using the DJI GO app connected to the RC.

The GO App downloads the update package to the mobile/ tablet and updates the firmware of the RC.

It is to be noted that there is the beeping sound through out the update process.
So, it is recommended to update the RC in a place which might not be a potential disturbance.
2017-7-19
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Frankiemetie Posted at 2015-9-7 16:13
Finally !!

After different attempts to fix the problem I found my solution and I hope it will help you guys with the same problem too.

Read my tips page it will help you for sure .. BE sure to NEVER update the RC transmitter before the AC as well !!
Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO

donnie
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules