New Firmware v1.410 & 1.40010
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Yeha its out 2.7k cam for the advanced birds & New Inteligent Navigation Modes.Discuss.....http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

2015-9-7
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

waypoints you actually have to fly the route first before it will fly the route hmmmm not sure of that option tbh
2015-9-7
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Australia

mark1975 Posted at 2015-9-7 22:51
waypoints you actually have to fly the route first before it will fly the route hmmmm not sure of th ...

For real? that seems pointless then?
2015-9-7
Use props
PerlanSwed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1086257 ft
Sweden

The waypoint function is flawless, at least for me that like to video and photo objects. First i do a route and can fine tune the positions of waypoints. Then I run the waypoint mission and able to have full focus on what to film or shoot photo on. I really like the waypoint function.
2015-9-7
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
United Kingdom

to me the whole point of waypoint is not having to pre-fly the route intended..
2015-9-7
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
United Kingdom

horses for courses ...I guess I just think people need to be aware its not totally click and go fly the route (unless you have pre flown the route first)
2015-9-7
Use props
marcellopozzett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541765 ft
United Kingdom

If I have to do a flight to set the waypoints, it is a waste of time as I just do the filming the first time and I save time..... I hoped it was going to be a bit more like this:
2015-9-7
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

if you yourself fly your way point course yourself, they you know that barring something going screwy, you're not going to hit anything. granted it would have been nice to have an offsite way to plan a course, im willing to bet most everyone isnt capable/has the patience to do it properly
2015-9-7
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Australia

marcellopozzett Posted at 2015-9-7 23:46
If I have to do a flight to set the waypoints, it is a waste of time as I just do the filming the fi ...

This is what I and everyone would of assumed it would have been like, I'll be using course/home lock and POI there useful features for sure.
2015-9-7
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Trying to take some liability out of the equation? That's my guess. You must fly the route to ensure is free of obstacles before plotting waypoints?
2015-9-7
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

I think itll be nice. I plan on setting up a flight plan to record the changing of the leaves for this fall. So for me , it'll do just fine. Can't wait to try it! App store reviews are promising on the app too!!
2015-9-7
Use props
carm996
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anyone else struggling to do new update? I downloaded new firmware, put card in phantom and it went well with the "successfull " message.  Put card into rc but it wont do anything. Wiped card and installed zip again. Put into rc but still no joy. I have latest android app and it says firmware up to date. Any ideas?
2015-9-7
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Firstly I don't think there is a firmware update for the RC, secondly see image below from the Firmware update guide.

2015-9-7
Use props
jlauzer
New
Flight distance : 86352 ft
United States

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-7 10:20
Anyone else struggling to do new update? I downloaded new firmware, put card in phantom and it went  ...

If you were already running firmware 3.20 you do not need a RC update this time!!
2015-9-7
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-7 15:20
Anyone else struggling to do new update? I downloaded new firmware, put card in phantom and it went  ...

It says in the Release Notes:

Users may skip updating the remote controller, as the latest firmware update does not affect the
remote controller.

2015-9-7
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-7 10:20

Follow these instructions:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -using-dji-go.50065

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-9-7
Use props
marcellopozzett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541765 ft
United Kingdom

I did my upgrade but got this on my success .txt:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
2015-9-7
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Australia

marcellopozzett Posted at 2015-9-8 00:48
I did my upgrade but got this on my success .txt:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnec ...

Sounds like it already has installed correctly confirm the birds firmware in the go app.
2015-9-7
Use props
huntjock
New

United States

The waypoint implementation in the app appears that it is not going to work well for my purpose - agricultural recon - with many of the waypoints being beyond visual range (BVR) and some waypoint altitudes potentially exceeding the builtin limitations of the P3's firmware (ridiculous).

For example, I need to be able to have the bird rise from 6400' to '8600 over a 2.75 mile run, and from that point drop to 7200' over a 1.25 mile run, THEN move from point to point taking video of animals, water, feed, fences, etc, for a couple of minutes and finally to return home. I am guessing about a dozen minutes roundtrip for such a mission. The path to initially setup the mission manually would not be ideal in the *example*, as the trails (horse/foot) are not "as the crow flies" Plus, setting an altitude to clear the peak in this case would exceed the 1640' max

This is just one example of several missions for me. I only need video for the few minutes after reaching the destination.

Seems the capabilities I am looking for may be fully supported in firmware - just not in the GO app. Disappointing. I just started looking into the SDK for what it would take to develop a "simple" (iOS) app for setting up a mission WITHOUT having to first manually record the waypoints. The altitude limitation still concerns me, though, as it appears that the altitude property of ANY waypoint for a mission is "relative" to the home point, meaning that the actual altitude of any of a mission's waypoints cannot exceed the builtin limitation of the device (drone firmware).

Would really like to have a solution before moving from summer ranges to winter ranges mid-Oct. (Winter range missions will be much simpler setups...won't go into that now) I bought the P3 based on what it sounded like it would do. Maybe I jumped the gun on buying the P3.
2015-9-7
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

huntjock Posted at 2015-9-7 16:26
The waypoint implementation in the app appears that it is not going to work well for my purpose - ag ...

There will be 3rd party apps out very soon for you They have been in beta and should not appear since the new firmware has gone public.
2015-9-7
Use props
raykgun
lvl.1
United States

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-7 09:20

Directions(with update) sez you update the RC thru the updated DJI GO app. Worked for me. Less hassle.
2015-9-7
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-9-7 10:02
Trying to take some liability out of the equation? That's my guess. You must fly the route to ensure ...

Jim, Jim, Jim - you're entirely too logical!

Personally, I'm not that pumped about the waypoint option anyway. Your perception certainly seems logical - uh oh, there it is again! LOL
2015-9-7
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-8 02:02
Jim, Jim, Jim - you're entirely too logical!

Personally, I'm not that pumped about the waypoint o ...

Yeqh Burke.  I liked the old way but, i can see some merit  here. The "follow me" is pretty sweet!
2015-9-7
Use props
carm996
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Phantom 3 pro. Using android devices. Im asking again for HELP. Lunchtime i downloaded new firmware from dji. Unzipped and put bin file onto memory card. Put into camera and turned phantom 3 on. 20mins later its solid green and text file says "sucessfull". Downloaded latest dji go from dji on 1 device and updated other device's app from playstore. Went out to try new updates. Switch to "F" and popup asked to reset Homelocj / Cousre lock. I reaet and close pop up. Says home/course set and has little icon next to "safe to fly". When i press it i dont get and poi, waypoints, follow me or anything. Nothing gives me the options. Reloaded the dji go apps again. Same thing, no new flying options, but now i notice that in advanced settings the lower of the 2 ioc switches is now greyed out. I guess that why the new fly options wont appear on main camera view screen. Totally lost now. "About" says app V1.2.0, RC V 1.32, phantom on new V 1.4.00.1. Something ive missed?
2015-9-7
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-7 20:54
Phantom 3 pro. Using android devices. Im asking again for HELP. Lunchtime i downloaded new firmware  ...

Can you post a screenshot of the phone when you switch the P3 to F mode?
2015-9-7
Use props
huntjock
New

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-7 09:28
There will be 3rd party apps out very soon for you  They have been in beta and should not appear  ...

any idea of which dev/apps? I am trying right now to ascertain if the 500m altitude limit is enforced by the P3's firmware, in which case even a 3rd party app would be insufficient. Looking for confirmation on that.
2015-9-7
Use props
texmaster
lvl.1

United States

I can't understand why DJI would have a wavepoint mode where you have to actually fly to each wavepoint first.   The whole idea at least I thought was to have the ability to set wavepoints on the map then have the drone fly it.
2015-9-7
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-8 03:54
Phantom 3 pro. Using android devices. Im asking again for HELP. Lunchtime i downloaded new firmware  ...

Make sure enable Multiple flight mode is switched on DJI go app settings...
2015-9-7
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-7 15:54

Just guessing, but, often, after firmware updates, many settings get changed - often back to a default level/mode. Take a peek at your IOC settings - do you still have it turned on?
2015-9-7
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

carm996@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-8 03:54

Dude, you are on the wrong GO app. You should be on v2.1.0....Not v1.2.0. That is the problem. I would uninstall/reinstall all. I updated ALL of my Android tablets and phones off of Play store with no issues. Hope that helps.
2015-9-7
Use props
horacej62.gmail
lvl.1

United States

@rocket_aus Just was curious where you got your shorter blue cables connecting your ITELITE antenna and the remote? Please email me at Horacej621@gmail.com. Thanks
2015-9-9
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Australia

horacej62.gmail Posted at 2015-9-9 22:51
@rocket_aus Just was curious where you got your shorter blue cables connecting your ITELITE antenna  ...

Here yuh go ...much higher quality than the originals way better shielded as well.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25177 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/travbec/media/c4.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2015-9-9
Use props
Bobj
New

United States

Does the new firmware allow the P3S to use the intelligent navigation? Point of interest, Follow me?
2015-9-10
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Australia

Bobj Posted at 2015-9-11 10:54
Does the new firmware allow the P3S to use the intelligent navigation? Point of interest, Follow me?

Sure does!!!
2015-9-10
Use props
Bobj
New

United States

I must have loaded something wrong,  as I am not seeing those features on my Phantom  3 Standard. Any advise would  be greatly appreciate.
2015-9-11
Use props
mrapl1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

Bobj Posted at 2015-9-11 17:20
I must have loaded something wrong,  as I am not seeing those features on my Phantom  3 Standard. An ...

For that kind of question, you might want to come over to the DJI GO Community...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 3&fromuid=71509

2015-9-11
Use props
Bobj
New

United States

mrapl1 Posted at 2015-9-11 19:59
For that kind of question, you might want to come over to the DJI GO Community...

http://forum.dj ...

Thank you!!
2015-9-11
Use props
mrapl1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

Your welcome....
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced